Old 04-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
skribb

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...?track=tottext

What can I say? I'm practically speechless on the ignorance of those suffering from christ-psychosis.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
antix
Obsessed Member

I wonder if this Christ-psychotic gets all up in arms when people start working on Sunday. After all, gawd commands that they be put to death for working on the sabbath. And what about eating shellfish? That, along with homosexuality, is an abonination to gawd. And how about disobedient children? Is she also in favor of stoning them to death? If not, then she is a fucking heretic and an abonination in gawd's eyes, and should be burned immediately.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
skribb wrote
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-christians10apr10,0,6204444.story?track=tottext

What can I say? I'm practically speechless on the ignorance of those suffering from christ-psychosis.
It it only was ignorance!...that would not affect us since we would be running the USA!. The gravest problem for us is this form of schizophrenia producing delusions and since they are the vast majority which control the government, create laws, 'morals", traditions,own the legislature, and determine who is nuts or not are infected with the illness. There is not much we can do. It is like if the USA was a gigantic asylum, the patients neurologically blind people with very few mentaly healthy folks with clear vision!. Nobody seems to SEE how INSANE Christianity fairy tale stories are and how delusional its faith trigger infected faithful.........:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
Silentknight

The law in question bans homophobic speech. Personally I would prefer to allow people like this their right to free speech, not only so that everyone can see how fucked up their opinions are, but also so that people can be aware of who they are. I would certainly want to know if someone is a hateful bigot before dealing with them, or going anywhere near them for that matter.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
evident_enigma

SITE: "The Rev. Rick Scarborough, a leading evangelical, frames the movement as the civil rights struggle of the 21st century. "Christians," he said, "are going to have to take a stand for the right to be Christian.""

E_E: "Take a stand for the right to be christian?"

What the fuck; what do gays and lesbians have to do with the rights of people to follow a faith?

Is it part of someone's faith to ridicule someone elses rights to live as they want to within the laws of this country? Is it part of someone's faith to control how other people live when it is none of their fucking buisness?
What right does a christian have to control other people's private lives?

Maybe we should let jewish people do it instead of christians? Maybe a christian would appreciate being called an idolitor by a jew, no?

Maybe we should sue for the right to ridicule christians on sight, and I mean RIDICULE, not debate them,but do it because we "FEEL" it "in our hearts" like it is the best thing to do sometimes.

The only thing these people want to come out of this is the ability to control pop culture.

Pretty soon, we could have people suing for the right to lynch african americans because there are passages in the bible that mention "slaves to men" or some such nonsense.

People like that can take their god of hate and of mental illness and then stick it up their asses sideways, and I don't mean donkeys.

SITE: "Evangelicals have been suspended for wearing anti-gay T-shirts to high school, fired for denouncing Gay Pride Month at work, reprimanded for refusing to attend diversity training. When they protest tolerance codes, they're labeled intolerant."

E_E: I goddamn dare some fundy to get on to me for wearing a cross with a slash on it, fire me for saying
church is for dumbasses, or give me a talk about not wanting to go to a christian meeting, and then call
me intolerant for speaking out about the grievances I'd get from others about my behaviour.

Religion is "under attack" because christians are running the country into oblivion: bush saying things
like god told him to go to war, supporting id, etc.

Yes I fight against stupidity, yes I'm a liberal, and I'm proud of it, motherfuckers. They have gained
control of this country by making people feel as if its wrong to be liberal, THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED
AS A LIBERAL COUNTRY! It wasn't founded as a theocracy, monarchy, or anything else. It was founded
in freedom for the people, by the people, to escape what the first generations of immigrants fled from:
RELIGION-RAN EUROPE.

SITE: ""The message is, you're free to worship as you like, but don't you dare talk about it outside the four walls of your church," said Stephen Crampton, chief counsel for the American Family Assn. Center for Law and Policy, which represents Christians who feel harassed."

E_E: They worry about harrassment, and then turn around and wish to do it to others, stupidity. I want to grab one of them and shake 'em.

SITE: "Others fear the banner of religious liberty could be used to justify all manner of harassment."

E_E: EL DUH!

SITE: Christian activist Gregory S. Baylor responds to such criticism angrily. He says he supports policies that protect people from discrimination based on race and gender. But he draws a distinction that infuriates gay rights activists when he argues that sexual orientation is different — a lifestyle choice, not an inborn trait.

E_E: When you are religious, anything can be justified. The most atrocious events in human history were commited with faith as a justifier. It hasn't been THAT long since 9/11/2001. I am never amazed at the general short sightedness of americans, most of our population behaves like 7th graders.

SITE: "By equating homosexuality with race, Baylor said, tolerance policies put conservative evangelicals in the same category as racists. He predicts the government will one day revoke the tax-exempt status of churches that preach homosexuality is sinful or that refuse to hire gays and lesbians"

E_E: Christian organizations shouldn't have tax exempted status, they have their fingers directly in politics. Has a guilty concience, does he? Also for the record, they are in the same catagory as racists because it is absolutely none of their fucking buisness to comment negatively whether a black family moves in next door or a gay couple does the same: screw them and what they "think" or "feel" or "believe" or whatever the hell it is that they call it.

Fuck their imaginary homosexual god
Fuck their flashy tax exempted churches
Fuck their overpaid fatass 6th grade education preachers
Fuck their caked-on-make-up mothers, too
What do you think of that, bitches?

I absolutely CANNOT stand a group of people trying to control the lives of others in the name of faith.
"Faith" is at least partly a matter of personal taste, the follower chose it for whatever reason (fear, anger, ignorance, hope, greed, whatever), NOT EVERYONE ELSE.

Intolerance begets intolerance. Mark my words, if stuff like this passes, it will snowball (I know it is probably a logical fallacy to say this, but I frankly don't care in this case, I know how these people "think"). They will think that they can expand these little self righteous crusades of thiers to include couples that do anything that the fundys don't like: just give it a few generations, if that long.

Marrying outside of race, conception of a child from a couple that doesn't want to get married but still live together, other faiths becasue those aren't "the true way", etc.

SITE: "If gays want to be tolerated, they should knock off the political propaganda," the letter said.

E_E: Ditto, but from me to the fun-fundys. There is a difference between a march and someone sending hate mail, people. I don't want this country to fall back into presocial-revolution times. People have tried theocracy numerous times in the past,

NEWSFLASH:

IT DOESN'T WORK.

They're terrorists, I have no other word to describe these types of christians, fearmongers every one. Just because some religions use other means instead of blowing themselves up to get their ends, doesn't make it any different. Christian evangilists are just sneakier than muslim extremists.

The Christians of this age have no concept whatsoever of what true persecution really is: bunch 'a self-righteous persecution-complex cry-babies is all they are. No one is stopping them from attending services, no one is altering thier records to make it seem as if they are criminals, no one is serching their homes for bibles and then killing the ENTIRE families that own some, no one is targeting them and then ruining their credit, no one is slashing their tires and then setting their houses on fire afer pumping paralyzing gasses into their homes because they go to church,...

gullible motherfuckers. They are actually convinced by these conmen that they're persecuted.

*stress relieving sigh*
I feel better, now.

E_E
Old 04-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
StillSurviving

In a way, they're right. The tolerance thing may have gone too far. Are college clubs really forced to allow anyone to join? Are certain words not allowed because they might make someone feel bad about themselves? If "godidiot" was banned, I'd fight for my freedom to be intolerant of the religious the same as these religious people are fighting for their freedom to be intolerant. We should try to educate them in the ways of tolerance, not take away their freedom of speach and freedom to form exclusive clubs. They must remain free to have and express their opinions, as long as they don't infringe on someone else's rights. I don't think we need special laws to protect gays or any specific minority from harassment... we just need good laws against harassment in general.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Political correctness sucks.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
Martha Castro M.D.

StillSurviving -Moral Atheist- said: "We should try to educate them in the ways of tolerance"

We can not educate the mentally ill. They are a lost cause. And I'm sorry, but the day that I have the right to go out there as a lesbian, kiss my lesbian lover in front of everybody, anywhere, wearing my t-shirt that says in the front : I HATE CHRISTIAN BIGOTS, and in the back of my t-shirt: FUCK MOTHERFUCKER CHRISTIANS, that day that I have that right and be tolerated by x-tians, then, and only then I will maaaaaaybe tolerate them a little tiny bit.