Old 06-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #16
Eva
Super Moderator

i am, cav? really?????

gee, i'm the only puertorrican mod i know....you must know a lot of us, then!?

lova ya too many many times more.....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #17
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
I am at the hospital tonight. It is 01:14 hrs. in the morning. Doing some rounds. Nothing that needs my immediate attention right now. Everything is calm. Patients are sleeping happily with no complaints. Ahhh, I can rest a little and post in my favorite forum.

I really appreciate the existence of this Atheist forum. Hopefully we will be able to keep enjoying it for very, very long time.
Group hug, everybody! :D

HomoCyclist, you're a doctor/nurse?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Livingstrong

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
I am at the hospital tonight. It is 01:14 hrs. in the morning. Doing some rounds. Nothing that needs my immediate attention right now. Everything is calm. Patients are sleeping happily with no complaints. Ahhh, I can rest a little and post in my favorite forum.

I really appreciate the existence of this Atheist forum. Hopefully we will be able to keep enjoying it for very, very long time.

Yeah! Group hug everybody!

Evil_Mage_Ra,
I am a doctor, MD that is.
Are you in the medical field too? :)
Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #19
Tenspace
I Live Here

::group hug::

"Get your hand off my ass, Psyadam! Oh, that's Kate? Nevermind."

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #20
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote

Evil_Mage_Ra,
Not exactly. I started out as a pre-med in undergrad, but eventually switched over to just straight chemistry. Now I'm working on a degree in physical chemistry, so I'll be a doctor one of these days.....just of a different type! ;)
Old 06-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #21
Livingstrong

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote

Evil_Mage_Ra,
Not exactly. I started out as a pre-med in undergrad, but eventually switched over to just straight chemistry. Now I'm working on a degree in physical chemistry, so I'll be a doctor one of these days.....just of a different type! ;)
Well, good for ya!
And keep the studing going always!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #22
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

I get excited about chemistry!
Chemistry makes me happy!
And it reveal so much about everything!
The earth, aliveness, technology ... its so exciting!
It is great to know you are becoming a chemist Ra - I bet you are excited about all the things that you will discover!

I find it kind of thrilling!
I really like discovering how things fit together, and chemistry is very often the link in the chain!

Things that excite me: how colour is generated out of the interaction of light and chemicals!
How the chemical interactivities and their coming together in atomic structures generate the properties of stuff!
How atoms form crystals and rocks!
How biochemicals generate life!
All the extraordinary interactions in aliveness!

I am a big fan of minerals, crystals, and geology, and proteins!
The Natural History Museum, London, has a wonderful collections of minerals, which I love to visit.

Recently I have been playing around with a "geomag" type set (ball-bearings connected with magnetic sticks), to get a 3D appreciation of the construction of Face-Centered-Cubic arrays, and learning about polyhedral geometry.

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
Livingstrong

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
It is great to know you are becoming a chemist Ra - I bet you are excited about all the things that you will discover!

I really like discovering how things fit together, and chemistry is very often the link in the chain!

Things that excite me: how colour is generated out of the interaction of light and chemicals!
How the chemical interactivities and their coming together in atomic structures generate the properties of stuff!

The Natural History Museum, London, has a wonderful collections of minerals, which I love to visit.

Recently I have been playing around with a "geomag" type set (ball-bearings connected with magnetic sticks), to get a 3D appreciation of the construction of Face-Centered-Cubic arrays, and learning about polyhedral geometry.
....And this is why I love this forum.

I never stop learning something different everyday!
Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #24
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I love this forum because I can have a conversation with a Mexican lesbian cycling enthusiast, a physicist obsessed with anal sex, a 13-year old who is smarter than most of us, Cal (I cannot possibly "categorize" Cal. Cal is...well, Cal. :D ), and a random dinosaur named Rexxar.

Not to mention the rest of you superb individuals. :)

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #25
schemanista

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
....And this is why I love this forum.
Speaking of love, you MUST come to Toronto for Pride one o' these years.

You can stay with me and my family and we'll show you around. It's a hell of a party.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #26
UnknownUser

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote

Jimmy was a chemists' son,
but Jimmy is no more.
What Jimmy thought was H2O,
Was H2SO4...:D

May that little rhyme remind you never to do chemistry when you are hungry...

This forum is a safe harbor, from where which i can seek shelter from the furry of the storm of ignorance. It is a place where i do not feel fearful to share my non-'beliefs', and a sounding board on which i can hone my arguing skills. Without this forum i could not be the strong atheist i am today. Together we are able to stand fast against the rising tide of hatred and stupidity that threatens to overcome the United States (and with help from our forgen brothers :)). I am thankful that i have been able to participate in this rising movement; envisioning the future of the human race; one that is free from the shackles of religion.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #27
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote

Evil_Mage_Ra,
Evil, I am just now startting back to college after 10 years out of school. One of my first classes is chemistry! May I borrow you if I have a particularly rough problem??? Or pan, or any of you guys that are so much smarter scientifically than me?? In return, I promise to deconstruct ony poetry you may need bashed!

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #28
HeathenLifer

Very elequent, Unknown. That's exactly why I come here, too. Plus the bonus of getting to eavesdrop on some of the coolest intellectual conversations flying around the web. This is the best place hands-down for brain orgasms.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 AM   #29
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Evil, I am just now startting back to college after 10 years out of school. One of my first classes is chemistry! May I borrow you if I have a particularly rough problem??? Or pan, or any of you guys that are so much smarter scientifically than me?? In return, I promise to deconstruct ony poetry you may need bashed!
Yeh, just go to the "Sciences" forum and place a thread with a question in the title!
You never know what you might get!
I got more than I bargained for! :D

(I was trained in biology, and I am *very* **VERY** rusty!)

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #30
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
Geomag is available in the U.S. and it is a real blast to make into incredible shapes. Try a Bucky Ball, for one. They are, however, highly addictive. With a 100 piece set you discover forma and patterns that can only be made with a 200 piece set and so-on.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote