Old 09-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
Xans
Obsessed Member

computer simulation on a grand scale

Are we living in a grand cosmic computer simulation?

It seems the closer we look at reality, the more it looks to be a digital construct. Only existing as we would consider existing when it needs to based on a mathmatical wave function.

If we are just "AI" in a simulation, would a creator/God be more or less likely?
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I wonder if we can re-open this poll?

.... or should we wait till snax clarifies which turtle created the creator?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I wonder if we can re-open this poll?

.... or should we wait till snax clarifies which turtle created the creator?
If we are constructs of a computer simulation, there could be many creators. What created the creator(s) of our simulation? I have no idea.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
Are we living in a grand cosmic computer simulation
Computer is a human construct.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #5
Xans
Obsessed Member

The universe acts like a computer. Human created computers are just simulating the quantum reality of the univers.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:00 AM   #6
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
The universe acts like a computer. Human created computers are just simulating the quantum reality of the univers.

Do tell us what "the quantum reality of the universe" is. We are in need of some comedy here.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Do tell us what "the quantum reality of the universe" is. We are in need of some comedy here.

On a quantum level, the universe exists as a wave function. Nothing really "exists" until a quantum "bit" has to interact with another "bit". Like how a video game doesn't bother rendering world that's not interacting with the player.

An electron, quark or neutrino is the same as any another of its type. Almost like they're just "assigned" their properties as a voxel is in Minecraft.

To steal a line from Tron, "users wrote us". If the universe is a simulation, wouldn't the writer of its "code" be Godlike and the creator of the universe?
Old 09-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #8
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
To steal a line from Tron, "users wrote us". If the universe is a simulation, wouldn't the writer of its "code" be Godlike and the creator of the universe?
Tron is a product of human imagination.

If the universe is a simulation...

If your asshole was an ice cream dispenser, you would be enjoying chocolate soft serve on a daily basis.

...wouldn't the writer of its "code" be Godlike and the creator of the universe?

The fuck? Those are some very special conclusions based on a flawed premise. If your asshole was an ice cream dispenser, wouldn't it be dandy if some of the ice cream already had sprinkles on it, and some would be shaped like Mickey Mouse - and that would prove the divinity of Disneyland, innit?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:54 AM   #9
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-11-2016, 07:40 AM   #10
AtomJack

Word Salad extraordinaire.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #11
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
Are we living in a grand cosmic computer simulation?

It seems the closer we look at reality, the more it looks to be a digital construct. Only existing as we would consider existing when it needs to based on a mathmatical wave function.

If we are just "AI" in a simulation, would a creator/God be more or less likely?
Could we all just be a simple dream in Bigfoot's slumbering brain? Perhaps we are all the product of a sadist alien teenager's video game. What curious things we find in Uranus.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 09-11-2016, 10:56 AM   #12
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Could we all just be a simple dream in Bigfoot's slumbering brain? Perhaps we are all the product of a sadist alien teenager's video game. What curious things we find in Uranus.
Atheists could grow some balls and open their minds to new ideas for a change.
I have grown in my knowledge and understanding of the universe quite a bit in the last decade. You all so far sound exactly the same. I have atheists to thank for starting me on a better path, but I've grown beyond you now. For the most part.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:27 AM   #13
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
I have grown in my knowledge and understanding of the universe quite a bit in the last decade. You all so far sound exactly the same. I have atheists to thank for starting me on a better path, but I've grown beyond you now. For the most part.
Balls serve no function in basic reason. I think that you will find that most atheists are willing to entertain any new hypotheses and / or theories that have some foundation in logic and / or factual reality. Please feel free to submit your peer-reviewed papers to us for our consideration.

Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 AM   #14
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
snax wrote
I would be pleasantly horrified if any of your god-whalloping fraternity hauled their booger laden noses from their crusty buybulls and ventured further afield - just for a change.
Quote:
snax wrote
I have grown in my knowledge and understanding of the universe quite a bit in the last decade.
Yes, I've just had a good chortle at your introductary nonsense and misappropriation of basic terminology to stir some shit.
You've progressed to sounding like Deepak Chopra - something to be really proud of.
Quote:
snax wrote
You all so far sound exactly the same.
errm, pots & kettles?
Quote:
snax wrote
I have atheists to thank for starting me on a better path, but I've grown beyond you now.
Yet here you are ..... again, still trying to hammer the round peg of reality into your squared off asshole, whilst continuing to sound like a real sawn-off christard.
Have you considered the option of fucking off?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #15
Xans
Obsessed Member

https://youtu.be/tIHk4zUbdw8