Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #3166
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
If you truly and diligently took the time to review WHY the Bible is the actual inspired words of the Creator and his love messages to mankind, you would have a vastly different perspective , perhaps .
If this is indeed true, why is it that the Bible has been rewritten, redacted, edited, and had books thrown out? Why is it that followers have to have God's word interpreted for them, and each interpretation is different, according to the needs of the interpreter? The Bible is a collection of ancient works, cobbled together and cut and pasted to serve whoever is trying to control the people. It is full of inconsistencies and contradictions. There is no apparent message in the whole muddle. This is just propaganda, Ex.

Quote:
But as i found back when i was an atheist-wannabe, it is much more comfortable and palatable carrying on thru life doing what I wanted to do without being owned by someone higher than myself, and, to maximize whatever titilizing pleasures I chose to heap upon myself thru my imaginations and urges.
Ex, you were never an atheist, you don't even fully understand what an atheist is.

Quote:
Jesus is hardly 'boring' once you fully understand who he was and is
Jesus is another character out of the Bible. See above comments, which applies to stories about him as well.

Quote:
...and its plodding along thru life engaged in superficial unfullfilling things that are temporary , which are boring and ultimately a waste of Ones time and attention. The ideologies of Atheism fit well with this latter concept (non purpose, non meaning on an ultimate level, everything the result of 'accidents' ad infinitum , buying into dangerous culture concepts for lifestyles, and moral living IF and when One so chooses based on fancies) .
Your opinion, based on your misunderstanding of what atheism is.

Quote:
Its actually the atheistic mindset that limits creativity, deep fulfillment , and experience of wide and deep love as famous atheist Bertrand Russell put so well : " WHat this world now needs is, CHRISTIAN love and compassion " .
No, Christians never limit creativity. What they do is impose their own, narrow, view of what creativity is, and then claim not to limit it. It is all about redefining terms so that it looks like they're winning. No one likes to be hoodwinked that way. It's dishonest.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #3167
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
WHat this world now needs is, CHRISTIAN love and compassion " .
You've inflicted quite a bit of your version of Christianity on this forum. When are you going to start dispensing the love and compassion part?

Seriously. That would be quite novel coming from you. Otherwise, I'm not convinced that you have any love and compassion to spare.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #3168
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
No one likes to be hoodwinked that way. It's dishonest.
Dishonesty is Fakey's god. He gorges himself on it, and won't be satisfied until he can convince others to become bloated on it, too.

Honesty makes Fakey sad, mad and frustrated. He will not brook honesty, because it does not serve his agenda: The exaltation and worship of Fakey.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #3169
orangeitis

Quote:
Words
http://talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH101.html

Christians! Want to convert some atheists? read this!
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #3170
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
When are you going to start dispensing the love and compassion part?
That's true, Ex. All we've seen from you is vilification, condescension, and intolerance. If you're trying to show us what Christianity is, perhaps you should lead by example.

Not guaranteeing it will convert anyone, but it would show us you indeed live by what you preach.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB

Last edited by Stargazer; 04-15-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Thought of a better word.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #3171
sgt8

Quote:
... But as i found back when i was an atheist-wannabe, ...
Didn't this assgoblin say he was an atheist before? Then wherefore this "atheist-wannabe" business?

The little fucker has been lying all along (surprise!). He just admitted that he was never actually an atheist, but tried really hard. I would call Fakey a pathetic loser, but I am afraid of all the pathetic losers of the world who will be knocking on my door anon, angrily demanding an explanation.
sgt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #3172
divine zombie

Quote:
sgt8 wrote View Post
Didn't this assgoblin say he was an atheist before? Then wherefore this "atheist-wannabe" business?

The little fucker has been lying all along (surprise!). He just admitted that he was never actually an atheist, but tried really hard. I would call Fakey a pathetic loser, but I am afraid of all the pathetic losers of the world who will be knocking on my door anon, angrily demanding an explanation.
He is a god botherer.

That means his whole life is a lie.

Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.
divine zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #3173
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Dickhead wrote
as famous atheist Bertrand Russell put so well : " WHat this world now needs is, CHRISTIAN love and compassion " .
Ah yes, the Bertrand Russell complete mis-quote that you love to whip out like it's your penis and we're a bunch of 14 year-old schoolgirls.

For anyone still reading this who isn't already aware (though it's doubtful that's anyone)

Quote:
Bertrand Russell wrote
When, in a recent book, I said that what the world needs is "love, Christian love, or compassion," many people thought this showed some changes in my views, although in fact, I might have said the same thing at any time. If you mean by a "Christian" a man who loves his neighbor, who has wide sympathy with suffering, and who ardently desires a world freed from the cruelties and abominations which at present disfigure it, then, certainly, you will be justified in calling me a Christian. And, in this sense, I think you will find more "Christians" among agnostics than among the orthodox. But, for my part, I cannot accept such a definition. Apart from other objections to it, it seems rude to Jews, Buddhists, Mohammedans, and other non-Christians, who, so far as history shows, have been at least as apt as Christians to practice the virtues which some modern Christians arrogantly claim as distinctive of their own religion.

I think also that all who called themselves Christians in an earlier time, and a great majority of those who do so at the present day, would consider that belief in God and immortality is essential to a Christian. On these grounds, I should not call myself a Christian, and I should say that an agnostic cannot be a Christian. But, if the word "Christianity" comes to be generally used to mean merely a kind of morality, then it will certainly be possible for an agnostic to be a Christian.
(bolding mine)

(from http://scepsis.ru/eng/articles/id_5.php)
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #3174
Irreligious
I Live Here

So, Fakey took a quote by Bertrand Russell and used it out of context in anttempt to furher Fakey's personal agenda?

Why am I not surprised that a self-proclaimed ex-atheist and simultaneous wannabe atheist who does not now and who never did believe that anyone could ever really be an atheist would do that?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #3175
divine zombie

Bertrand Russell moves in mysterious ways.

Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #3176
Davin
Obsessed Member

Wait a minute, Ex is a dishonest pig fucker? My mind is blown.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #3177
divine zombie

Some folk around here should lighten up about the pig fucking, if you've not tried it don't knock it!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #3178
Davin
Obsessed Member

Who said anything negative about pig fucking? I'll cut 'em!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #3179
sgt8

Quote:
divine zombie wrote View Post
He is a god botherer.

That means his whole life is a lie.
Indeed.

Fakey must really suck at life. He failed atheism. Since atheism is the default position (I would go so far as to say that it is a non-position), trying to become an atheist and failing is like...is like...well, I don't know what it is like, but it is shirley among the most retarded and pathetic things I have ever heard.
sgt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #3180
Heeere's Jonesy!
New Member!

Quote:
Its actually the atheistic mindset that limits creativity, deep fulfillment , and experience of wide and deep love.
Well, that's one of the most backwards and absurd statements I've ever heard. How is it that Atheism, which embraces a life not limited by antiquated literature, somehow less conducive to creativity than Christianity?

Jesus may have been a loving individual in your fictional story, but God was a royal shmuck. Sending his only son to die for humanity's salvation? I can't imagine anything more evil or saddistic. Why couldn't he just bake humanity a big salvation cake made with love (and Julia Child's delicious buttercream frosting)?

Toss your bible aside for a few hours and pick up a Stephen King novel. Then and only then will you begin to understand what REAL creativity is.

By the way, your avatar is almost as repulsive as your religion. Feh!
Heeere's Jonesy! is offline   Reply With Quote