Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Fuck the Queen and all who sail in her

And about time too.
Quote:
Reforms agreed earlier this year by Commonwealth countries would create a potential conflict of interest because they allow a monarch to marry a Roman Catholic, said a parliamentary committee. It said that if a future heir to the throne were raised as a Catholic, there would be an “obvious difficulty” in that person becoming head of the Anglican Church on their succession.
A fine example of how advancing secularisation is showing just how retardedly stupid some of our alleged 'treasured' traditions are now being seen. Perhaps the church should just be fucked off out of it - or is that too simple?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Why does the monarch have to be head of the bloody church? Wouldn't it be easier just to end that tradition?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Eva
Super Moderator

well, ok. at least that friend helps you in secular ways...because even she can see that only prayer does nothing.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Why does the monarch have to be head of the bloody church? Wouldn't it be easier just to end that tradition?
For fuck's sake man - we can't have you talking sense and agreeing with semi-reputable press!
Quote:
Slowly but steadily, some of our more obvious constitutional absurdities are being pruned back. First, the Commonwealth agreed a few weeks ago to allow the monarch to marry a Roman Catholic. Yesterday, MPs on the political and constitutional reform committee pointed out that any future heir raised as a Catholic would face an "obvious difficulty" to becoming head of the Church of England. Of course it would, so why should the monarch have to be the supreme governor of the Anglican church? Such questions should not be the sole prerogative of aggressive secularists.
This rather obvious little bit of nonsense is drawing some interesting flak and hopefully be the forerunner of the end of some of the 'constitutional absurdities' - some call it a can of worms, whilst others want to cling to some of the old wreckage. Whatever happens, the status quo will not be retained and at least one piece of residual bullshit will be wiped from our little country's arse.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #5
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Or perhaps you should, you know, not have a fucking monarch anymore.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I'd ditch the monarch and the church in no particular order, but maybe that's being greedy.
Fuck it - I'm a glutton for pleasure.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I'd ditch the monarch and the church in no particular order, but maybe that's being greedy.
The Queen does sod all, wanders around grimacing, sticks some badges on her "subjects" and reads speeches written by someone else. She has been a disaster as a parent and reared an emotionally deprived family who have proved unable to sustain mature relationships. I recall a few years ago in her Address to her People or whatever she calls it that she said the only solution to the problems of the world was religion. I don't listen to this stuff but someone, might have been the estimable Barry Duke of Freethinker fame, spotted it.
The Queen, and her family, are like a lead weight on the UK. No one, no matter how talented, can be seen as worthwhile as them. Her dopey son Charles plagues government ministers with his dotty ideas including wanting homeopathy on the NHS. The Queen is said to be a fan of this nonsense and supposedly one of her butlers has to carry her medecine around.

She is the wealthiest woman in the world and pays her servants, even those in expensive London, close to the minum wage - just over £7 and hour, I think. No wonder they need two or three jobs. She is greedy and wants massive amount of tax payers cash spent on the upkeep of her palaces. A vast amount has recently been spent on decorating a place for her vacuous grandson William. Why couldn't they pay for this themselves. However, strapped the UK citizen, oops sorry subject, is for cash the government can always find money without limit for the Windsors.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Might be more important to end the gender privilege in hereditary peerage, because those fuckers really do rool, unlike the monarch. Loading government to favour men is common everywhere, but nowhere else can it be so blatant.

Institutional misogyny of course, but off topic I guess so sorry .

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

OK, so after ditching the monarchy and the church of England - we'll scrap the misogynistic, religotist, landed, wealth-laden, priviliged bollocks that is the House of Lords peerage selection 'process'. I guess we've got it sorted then?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
Irreligious
I Live Here

Aren't you fearful that ol' Lizzie might hit you with her sceptor and have you locked away in a dungeon somewhere under Buckingham Palace?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I think the ol' buzzard is probably more fearful of The Git.
Way back in the bowels of the 1990's, I was scheduled to grasp & shake her mittened paw at the opening of some snotty new building on Windsor Great Park, but I was strangely withdrawn just before the event as my perceived attitude did not portray the desired welcoming ambiance to our ruling elite.
I'll admit to being not very heartbroken - but I did piss on her roses during a half marathon a few years later.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 AM   #12
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I don't know the exact figures, but don't they draw a lot of business to our shores, together with mooching with opposite royalty?
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #13
Michael
Obsessed Member

I really wish Australia was a republic. That would be nice.

Having said that, I don't care enough to do anything about it.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #14
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
I don't know the exact figures, but don't they draw a lot of business to our shores, together with mooching with opposite royalty?
Can't they draw the business, without having a say in your politics?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Can't they draw the business, without having a say in your politics?
The attracting business bit is much over stated. In fact, I think the number of visitors dropped during the celebrity wedding bore of William Windsor and his missus. The royals have no right to interfere in politics but our slavish politicians think they have to take them seriously. Charles Windsor, with a non job, hasn't much else to do and interferes as an ignoranant layman in many things. I hope it isn't ageist to say that with Elizabeth Windsor "working" as head of state aged 85, it can't be too demanding. Charles, aged 65, thinks he is entitled to take over.

When they drive around whole streets are closed not to inconvenience them, hundreds of cops employed, and school kids given flags to wave. Their favourite past-time is slaughtering animals. Philip Windsor has a crude line in racism which our arse licking media regard as wit. The BBC employs what they grandly describe as "Our Royal Correspondent". This man does not do journalism. He is there to massage royal egos and put a spin on their non activities which is shameless in its sycophancy.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote