Old 10-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #31
Skepticus

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post

PC, It looks like pieces of paper cumming out. I suspect that the little feller is producing texts for a postmodernism journal.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #32
Alethias

Hey ELGS! You've found my latest obsession. I'm an avid fan of this place, and have been having a lot of fun here, even though I still have a low postcount.

ELGS may be a histrionic powermad bitch, but if she is, she's a lovable histrionic powermad bitch.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #33
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Skepticus wrote View Post
PC, It looks like pieces of paper cumming out. I suspect that the little feller is producing texts for a postmodernism journal.
wouldn't they be coming out of his arse?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #34
Skepticus

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
wouldn't they be coming out of his arse?
Ah... No. That would make him the editor, whos job (after submission), is to fart in a hot bath and see which ones float to the top.

What I think we are seeing, is draft copies being issued. If the writter wants to be published he needs to 'put one into the editor'. If the editor is sattisfied, the text becomes attached to the wall of his inner collun and gestates. Eventualy, covered in a sticky mucus, of sappy congradulation and praise the boyancy of the text is enhanced by the full term of gestation. When the editors annus dilates and parastaltic contractions begin, he or she should run a hot bath and emerse his or her bloated buttox in the steamy fluid and relax.

A natural conception, is usualy accompanied by a great proffusion of obcenity, followed by effusive unconditional love and praise for the progeny. If the text floats, it will live. Otherwise it is a still-born in the water.

Skepticus.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #35
Rat Bastard

Skep, you and Cal are going to get along famously!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #36
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
EverLastingGodStopper wrote View Post
Maybe you need to engage in some hands-on scientific study of this theory. Rigorous testing should prove the theory's validity.
Here we have the classic computational "halting" problem. When testing an arbitrary system, you can't tell, a priori, how long to run the tests. Short of a simulation, which would by definition run as long as the original system, there is no general algorithm, that, given a program as input, can tell if it ever halts.

In other words, he would have to suck on you forever to prove that he could do so forever. Yet, one hesitates to risk insulting you by denying the "EverLasting" part of your name. It might be entirely correct but we just can't test it.

I recommend, as a compromise, that the sucking test be carried out for a representative sample of time, say ten years or so, followed by some very precise measurements to see if an appreciable amount of erosion has occurred.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #37
EverLastingGodStopper

I second the motion.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #38
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Skepticus wrote View Post
PC, It looks like pieces of paper cumming out.
Why do you think they call them "sticky" notes?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote