Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Why Women Are Scary To Religious Fundamentalist Men

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peggy-...women&ir=Women

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
ubs
I Live Here

It's a great question, but I don't know if I agree. I think that rather than fearing their sexual urges, those men live in a world where their position where the midway point on the status ladder is guaranteed - that is to say, they will never be on the bottom by virtue of having a penis. Certainly in our culture, men in the lower middle class are sent this message by their fathers on a regular basis, and that is the group most vulnerable to sky daddy horse pucky.

Women demonstrating the activities of normal adults threatens that world view. Regarding the Haredi girl incident - eight year olds are at that highly rational pre-teen stage, right before the brain dissolves and regrows into an adult brain.

Her great sin is likely that she was able to do math more competently than the men present.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

There is one easy solution, kill all the men.

Maybe we need to create a ficticious female diety so women in places full of backward dickless assholes have some form of religious justification for doing whatever they want to do. Can't someone (who is infinitely better at forgery than myself) find an age old book stating womens equality, saying that if you fell for the mistreatment of women stuff, then you failed the test and should kill yourself immediately.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
There is one easy solution, kill all the men.

Maybe we need to create a ficticious female diety so women in places full of backward dickless assholes have some form of religious justification for doing whatever they want to do. Can't someone (who is infinitely better at forgery than myself) find an age old book stating womens equality, saying that if you fell for the mistreatment of women stuff, then you failed the test and should kill yourself immediately.
Well, that certainly is dramatic!

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
It's a great question, but I don't know if I agree. I think that rather than fearing their sexual urges, those men live in a world where their position where the midway point on the status ladder is guaranteed - that is to say, they will never be on the bottom by virtue of having a penis. Certainly in our culture, men in the lower middle class are sent this message by their fathers on a regular basis, and that is the group most vulnerable to sky daddy horse pucky.

Women demonstrating the activities of normal adults threatens that world view. Regarding the Haredi girl incident - eight year olds are at that highly rational pre-teen stage, right before the brain dissolves and regrows into an adult brain.

Her great sin is likely that she was able to do math more competently than the men present.
Which means she should be spit on and made to wear a gunny sack.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Which means she should be spit on and made to wear a gunny sack.
Absolutely.

Although gender oppression is often expressed sexually, it reminds me more of southern whites low on the feeding chain getting upset about uppity black share croppers.

If they aren't better than women, who are they better than?
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Absolutely.

Although gender oppression is often expressed sexually, it reminds me more of southern whites low on the feeding chain getting upset about uppity black share croppers.

If they have to be better than someone........

Interesting word, "uppity." It most often is used to describe women and minorities.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Absolutely.

Very astute, IMO. These cultures have hierarchys of oppression, and everyman needs a woman to kick, so he can have some feeling of power. This is primitive mentality, and the fact that we can de-volve socially back to these kinds of societies is discouraging. I think that as religiosity increases, oppression of women rises, but also oppression of all members, except for the ultra-elite.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #9
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
...they will never be on the bottom by virtue of having a penis.
Imagine going through life, never being ridden like a rodeo pony by some sultry cowgirl! No wonder these assholes are so angry!

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post

Silliness aside, I would have to agree with you that these creepy little monsters are all about control.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Very astute, IMO. These cultures have hierarchys of oppression, and everyman needs a woman to kick, so he can have some feeling of power. This is primitive mentality, and the fact that we can de-volve socially back to these kinds of societies is discouraging. I think that as religiosity increases, oppression of women rises, but also oppression of all members, except for the ultra-elite.
These are truly some sick fuckers who belong in the 3rd Century. It seems like some panty parades through this lunatic neighborhood on a regular basis are in order - of course with armed guards.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #11
psychodiva
I Live Here

When you think that women still have not got true equality (is it possible? there's another discussion!), that voting for women is still not universal and was only won in the most advanced countries in the last century it makes one realise that we are really only just climbing out of the situation that women in Saudi and Israel and other places find themselves in now and that when it comes down to it we are the forgotten 'minority'

There is little boycotting of anything from Saudi because the oppression there is targeted towards women, FGM is low down on the list of atrocities to be fought because it is a 'female cultural thing' that women themselves (tho oppressed and silenced) are expected to fight before the boys get involved. Only recently have 'honour killings' been recognised for what they are and rape culture is being addressed very very slowly- we have a long way to go and religion appears to be the glue that holds all the oppression together - yes it is not about sex (although control of women's sexuality is one of the roots of religion) it is indeed about power and a sense of entitlement- like the jewish prayer that says 'thank you god for not making me a woman' I would not be surprised if that goes through the head of most religious people if not a lot of males without religion

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

It seems like we are sliding backward, on the whole, if you look at the rights of women world wide. I realized that many woman are working to promote their equality in the law, but it seems to me that we are sliding backward. I hope this is just my perception and not the actual case.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #13
Eva
Super Moderator

i have this idea that the reason for this insatiable urge to control women is that women are the most powerful/useful members in societies because we are the ones that have babies.
if you control the production unit/golden goose, you can control everything.
in reality, we should be tops, not bottoms. and i'm starting to think that this "equality" thing is absurd. we should go lysistrata on their asses and fix the world. no sex, no babies.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #14
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
no sex
I shall join you in sympathy with a self imposed wanking ban.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I shall join you in sympathy with a self imposed wanking ban.
In the interests of solidarity i will join also........erm.............. can it start in about 10 minutes.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote