crap

cinematic projection is a wonderful thing

how is your mother?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #812
psychodiva
I Live Here

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
James Madison

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #813
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Your immaturity obviously indicates that youre not suited for an indepth conversation on vital issues.
Good thing we're discussing (and mocking) inane things such as whose god's dick is bigger, and not vital issues, anal wart!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #814
Jimble

Quote:
WHY is God 'non existant' ?
Zero evidence.

Quote:
Because natural causes (nature of blind , non intelligent forces) are capable of producing highly complex designed things ?
Yes.

Quote:
How did Nature blindly and accidentally provide the first life on earth which atheist scientists have calculated at a probability of 10 to the 40,000 th power taking into account what is required ?

No-one knows quite how the first life came about. Including you.

How does the fine tuning argument hold water for you?
First, your God is less likely than the thing you're explaining. It's MORE unlikely. Second, what in the universe tells you specifically 'Jesus made me'? Why not worship the unicorns? or Allah? Pixies? Thor?

You don't have the right not to be offended.
Jimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #815
Ex Atheist

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
No you didn't, you shameless liar.

No you haven't, you shameless liar.

Why can't you answer one simple question, Ex?

What behavior, specifically, do you think I'm doing as a nonbeliever that I would have stop doing if I suddenly started believing in your god-person?
You already believe in a personal theistic Creator because the amount of faith for atheism (all this complexity coming from rocks, dirt, planets, gas, and first atheistic life coming from dead chemicals at 10 to the 40,000 th power chance per world reknown atheist scientists, et al, ad nauseum...) takes too much UNbelievable faith . So lets rephrase your final question to read :

"What behaviour do you think im doing as someone who doesnt wish to acknowledge or follow God that I would have stopped doing if i suddenly became a born again Follower of Christ after such time that my love for God grew ?" :

The partial answer would be : A change of heart toward following the cultures destructive philosophies, a less self centered disposition, a willing desire to stay away from any immoral pursuits , filtering your actions/behaviour/and motives thru Gods absolute moral standards instead of doing what you think feels good or would benefit you at the time regardless of right or wrong, a distinct awe for how the Creator loves and cares about you, how specifically and wonderously he made you, a desire to refrain from using foul and vile language , being more self controlled , greater love/joy/peace/patience/kindness/goodness , a greater desire to serve others and God, a thankfulness for being saved from your many sins and willful rebellion agaisnt God, a hopefilled real expectation of being with God in eternity in a special dwelling designed just for you , having an eventual new body that is made for eternity and will never wear out , having power to overcome adversity in life so your joy can be maintained regardless of what youre going thru, and many other things. Does this sound like something youd be interested in ?! As you can see, The CHristian Life has far more to offer than a few short years of earthly complete autonomy which represents atheism . The best part, is, its all free paid by CHrist on your behalf if youre willing to recieve what he did for you on the cross . Then you no longer become estranged from God but are reconciled to him. Are you ready for a new and wonderful journey that doesnt end in eternal regret ?! I know you are as i was.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #816
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Jimble wrote View Post
Zero evidence.

Yes.

No-one knows quite how the first life came about. Including you.

How does the fine tuning argument hold water for you?
First, your God is less likely than the thing you're explaining. It's MORE unlikely. Second, what in the universe tells you specifically 'Jesus made me'? Why not worship the unicorns? or Allah? Pixies? Thor?
You dont even believe blind natural causes could make a few rocks at Stonehenge stand on top of one another, let alone our Planet Earth being held in precise razor edge 150 + critical tolerances ...some to the 120th decimal point precision otherwise Earth isnt here nor are we. Stop playing the excuses of Pixies, Unicorns, Skyfairys and trying to relate them to the very obvious mighty PERSONAL Designer, Creator, Sustainer of all things. Give up your strong pride, arrogance, and wilful rebellion and embrace the Creator who fashioned you in his very image with Mind/Will/Emotions that DIDNT come out of the material ground nor could. Just tell God youre very sorry for ever pretending he wasnt real and for hoping he didnt exist so you could live life YOUR way instead of HIS way. Youll be forgiven , then you can move on to doing life according to your ultimate purpose in living. Dont be afraid...dont worry about what these Peers of yours will say....just do what is correct to do . Its your life and your eternity we are talking about here.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #817
Ex Atheist

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Good thing we're discussing (and mocking) inane things such as whose god's dick is bigger, and not vital issues, anal wart!
You wont be so brave and cocky after you take your final (accidental) breath .
Old 11-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #818
Ex Atheist

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
James Madison
Yes, sort of like this Secular Religionist : "If you would show me the God of the Bible, I would believe in him all the LESS" --- Bertrand Russel.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #819
Irreligious
I Live Here

Ex, we don't believe an invisible, magic superhuman could make a few rocks stand on top of one another or control the precise conditions for critical tolerances, either. Maybe you should stop pretending that you know what does.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #820
Ex Atheist

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

Ex Atheist, did Homo Erectus have souls?

How about Peking Man?

I have already asked you multiple times about Neanderthals. Why are you avoiding my question?

Did Neanderthals have souls? Yes or no?
Very nice work of Sculpters and Air Brushers . Every Human Being has a Soul...a Mind, Will, and Emotions . Your emotions as depicted by imaginary apes to humans shows that you are Willfully out of you Mind ! Stop it at once . A Human has always been a Human and an Ape has always been an animal. Remember, abiogenesis (atheistic first life on earth from dead chemicals) has to be absolutely true before macro evolution is tenable....and that our atheist Evolutionary Scientist Friends put at an inconcievable 10 to the 40,000 th power chance . So, what else have you got besides daydreams ???!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #821
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
You wont be so brave and cocky after you take your final (accidental) breath .
Few people are brave and cocky as they lay dying. I doubt you will be, either. But there is no reason for any of us to fear your personal boogeyman. You can attempt to threaten us with this figment of your imagination, but it's still about as useful a tactic as a Muslim threatening you with his angry Muhammad figure. You'd think the Muslim was nuts, and you sound like a nut to us every time you use your imaginary god to threaten people.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #822
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Ex, we don't believe an invisible, magic superhuman could make a few rocks stand on top of one another or control the precise conditions for critical tolerances, either. Maybe you should stop pretending that you know what does.
You perhaps willfully changed what i was saying, around ; Im saying (alleged) Atheists like to claim naturalism and materialism was behind our cosmos even in light of all its incredible complexity, razor edge precision, and design....yet when it comes to a paultry few rocks standing on top of each other (Stonehenge) ., its immediately recognized as coming from personal intelligence. Atheism requires a good deal of personal disengenuity / irrationality and of course pretending . How long have you been an (alleged) Atheist by the way ?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #823
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Few people are brave and cocky as they lay dying. I doubt you will be, either. But there is no reason for any of us to fear your personal boogeyman. You can attempt to threaten us with this figment of your imagination, but it's still about as useful a tactic as a Muslim threatening you with his angry Muhammad figure. You'd think the Muslim was nuts, and you sound like a nut to us every time you use your imaginary god to threaten people.
Heres some famous folks who were cocky during their entire lifetime , but not so brave and cocky on their deathbeds :

Subject: What some famous Atheists said on their deathbed
Published in the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 'News and Sun Sentinnel'
newspaper . 1968. :

Verbatim quotes by famous Atheists on their deathbeds :

1. Sir Walter Scott : " Now i know there is a heaven"

2. Taleran (french) :" I am suffering the pangs of the damned"

3. Adams : (tore his hair out as he repeatedly said :" Oh Christ, oh
Christ, Oh Christ....")

4. Voltaire :" I die abandoned by God and man" (the nurse by his bedside
said that she would never watch another atheist die as long as she lived
because it was too horrific for her)

5. Vollney kept screaming out :" My God my God, my God...." till he
died)

6. Meravue :" Give me opium that i may not think of eternity"

7. Brown :" Devils are in the room dragging my soul to hell"

8. Newport :" Millions and millions of years will bring me no closer to
the end of my torments. O, the unsufferable pains of hell, forever and
forever".
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #824
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
You perhaps willfully changed what i was saying, around ; Im saying (alleged) Atheists like to claim naturalism and materialism was behind our cosmos even in light of all its incredible complexity, razor edge precision, and design....yet when it comes to a paultry few rocks standing on top of each other (Stonehenge) ., its immediately recognized as coming from personal intelligence.
I don't know about all this, Ex. I can barely parse what it is you're saying. It is very muddled, frankly. But I am not certain that most people who lack a belief in your conception of a god really give much thought to Stonehenge or how it came to be. All I can tell you is that when I look at a tree, a fish or basic rock formations, I don't think to myself: I wonder who designed this?

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
Atheism requires a good deal of personal disengenuity / irrationality and of course pretending .
Pretending what?

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote
How long have you been an (alleged) Atheist by the way ?
Certainly all of my adult life. And I'm over 50. But I'm not sure that I ever believed in a magical god character, not even as a child, most especially not white man Jesus. At 9 years old, I pretty much knew that this was propaganda to make white people look more special than everybody else and I was not ever going to buy into that.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #825
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
False Witness wrote
You already believe --
You are not all-knowing.

You do not know my thoughts or mind.

Do not presume to tell me what I believe.

Quote:
False Witness wrote
a willing desire to stay away from any immoral pursuits
Here is the crux of the issue, buried inside all of your other rambling nonsense.

And here is my point. I do not believe in a god. Not in any god, no matter how much you insist that I do. I, after all, know my thoughts and mind infinitely better than you do. You are simply wrong, because I know that I do not believe in a god, and you have no choice but to accept my word about my own thoughts and mind.

And yet, I still desire to say away from immoral pursuits. Without believing in your god-person, I still choose to live a morally good life.

Yet many Christian that I know do not make that choice. They do believe in your particular god-person, and yet they delight in immoral pursuits. They cheat on their spouses, and use foul and vile language, and persecute their neighbors instead of loving them. They commit sins despite their beliefs, yet I do not commit sins in my nonbelief.

I am not a sinner. I have nothing to be saved from. I am a morally better person than these sinful Christians. And I do not believe in your god-person, and they do. Yet you claim that I have "chosen" my nonbelief in order to allow myself to engage in some sort of immoral behavior that I am not committing, and which your fellow believers are committing.

I, therefore, am living proof that you are absolutely wrong.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote