Old 10-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #16
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I wonder if Andrew has faith in Galactic Star-Shitting Penguins?
Here comes the idiot to support the fucktard. .
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:42 AM   #17
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Ha Ha

You know when the Atheists can't contest your argument - because all they can do in response is post silly things to "poke fun".

I re-assert, it is not irrational to have faith in a Higher Power!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:04 AM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Here comes the idiot to support the fucktard. .
Oh come on Andy-boy - all I did was swap "Higher Power" for "Galactic Star-Shitting Penguin" in your delightful opening missive. It helps me to maintain my own faith in The Penguin. What's the difference? - don't you have my faith. Cockmuncher.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:38 AM   #19
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Davin, you should be ashamed of yourself[...]
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's really no big deal for me to show you all the places where you've fucked up. Your errors are so basic and easy to spot that it's barely any trouble at all and nothing for me to be ashamed of.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
In this thread I have presented self[...]
Fallacies. You've presented fallacies. Very basic fallacies. Crack open the first chapter of a critical thinking book some time.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
So fuck you[...]
Hey, I've told you several times now: I'm not interested. Stop being a creepy little fuck and move on.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #20
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
WTF does this have to do with anything.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 10-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #21
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
It is not at all unreasonable to have faith in a Higher Power.

Explanation:

There are two positions one can take in nature of the cosmos (i.e. all physical existence), and what life form powers may reside within..

The first - Our observed Universe is all there is.

The second - Our universe is only one of a much larger, and perhaps infinite Multiverse.

In the first case, it would be remarkable that all the physical constants within our observed universe are just so (so as to support the possibility and realization of organic life), without a Higher Power to "set the dials" (i.e. the "fine tuning" argument). It is extremely unlikely these constants would have simply arisen by chance.

The typical naturalistic explanation for the fine tuning argument is by assertion of the presence of a Multiverse, which brings us to the second case.

In the second case, it has been proposed that the zillion upon zillion to one odds of the physical constants in our universe beings "just so" to support life is perfectly acceptable if there are zillion upon zillion upon zillion (perhaps an infinite number of) universes - or a "Multiverse" in existence.

But in case 2, with a very large number (perhaps an infinite number) of universes - all of which being potentially infinitely old as well, one can assert a vast capacity and potential for evolution to provide beings of Higher Power.

These realizations do not necessarily point to existence of God, but show that it is not at all unreasonable to have faith that a Higher Power of some persuasion may exist.

So when an Atheist says to a Theist there is no rationale to have faith in a Higher Power, you can tell them with confidence that they are wrong.
Your word salad dissertation would be more convincing to the gullible if you sprinkled in some quantums. Your fellow bullshipper Deepak Chopra could assist!

Old 10-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #22
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
It is not at all unreasonable to have faith in a Higher Power.
[....]
So when an Atheist says to a Theist there is no rationale to have faith in a Higher Power, you can tell them with confidence that they are wrong.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #23
Davin
Obsessed Member

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #24
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

By suggesting a "higher power" this does not mean that anything supernatural is going on.
I assert higher powers are likely, if they exist, naturally developed - by random chance, mechanisms of evolution, or both.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #25
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's really no big deal for me to show you all the places where you've fucked up. Your errors are so basic and easy to spot that it's barely any trouble at all and nothing for me to be ashamed of.

Fallacies. You've presented fallacies. Very basic fallacies. Crack open the first chapter of a critical thinking book some time.

Hey, I've told you several times now: I'm not interested. Stop being a creepy little fuck and move on.
One word, "go back to your crack pipe".
Old 10-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #26
Davin
Obsessed Member

Looks like Andrew66 can't even count past one.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #27
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
By suggesting a "higher power" this does not mean that anything supernatural is going on.
I assert higher powers are likely, if they exist, naturally developed - by random chance, mechanisms of evolution, or both.
Where are those angel fossils?

Old 10-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #28
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post

Looks like Andrew66 can't even count past one.
Oh yeah, here are two words for you - you are stoopid!!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 12:52 AM   #29
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Try again. Andy was obviously homeskooled by his banjo playing pedo uncle.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #30
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66;688532
In this thread I have presented[COLOR=Red
wrote
self evident[/color], simple, obviously true statements which show that it is not irrational to have faith

Quote:
If you had have a brain not zonked out on crack and heroin, and you didn't belong to an inferior species (I bet your a criminal too, drug dealer, pimp,
Quote:
What is in quotations above Davin is honesty.

So fuck you, go back to your crack pipe you loser.