Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #2896
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Wow, you really think there's something in this, don't you?

Your hypothetical is ridiculous. It does not reflect the way the world works, how morality works or indeed how humans work psychologically.

Ethical decisions are rarely binary: "Good/Bad" because the complexity of the world generates a spectrum of Better/Worse in between. Sam Harris has referred to this as the Moral Landscape for this reason because of this and the book by the same name is a good read if you are truly interested in this area.

However, you appear to think that a person's morality is like some kind of simple switch: "On/Off...Good/Bad...God/Devil etc."

The reality is more nuanced and complex (I feel like I've said this before too...hmmm...anyway).

Still, it's interesting that you have now reduced your redundant "carrot and stick" bolt-on to a mere safeguard against temptation rather than as a prime ethical motivator. Are you changing the goal posts slightly perhaps?
Changing goal posts - No.

I've never suggested or implied that theistic motivation (carrot - stick) was necessarily a "prime" or even secondary motivator - that is irrelevant, - it is an "additional" motivator to the inherent societal driver set by a person's moral compass.

My example given prior is black and white (yes or no, binary) for the purpose of ease of illustration only (you can't see that?? ). I could easily state the same position in a less binary, "fuzzy" manner if you like.

Atheist Humanist gives 50 cents to the begger on the street, Christian Humanist gives the 50 cents plus extra 50 cents (because all things equal, he is also a Christian). Is this too binary for you, Ok, Christian gives any amount more than 50 cents, Christian gives 50 cents but also hands the beggar a sandwich... Capish?

I think your just playing with me here.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #2897
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

No fuckin' shit sherlock!
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #2898
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post

I agree with you. .

In the very unlikely event that there is a god ....

Wow, Hurtz just said something reasonable for a change.

Obviously our work here JJ is paying of, a hard strong Atheist agreeing that there might just be a God (an unlikely chance is still a chance!).

I was wondering whether Hurtz = Davin , but Davin would never ever say such a thing!

Blessings!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #2899
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Obviously our work here JJ is paying of,
Is this even English, android, you fuckin' weirdo?

Go to college and get some English grammar courses, ffs.

You are an incompetent imbecile.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #2900
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Is this even English, android, you fuckin' weirdo?

You are an incompetent imbecile.
Is this even English, Hurtz, you fuckin' weirdo?

You are an incompetent imbecile
Old 01-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #2901
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Is this even English, Hurtz, you fuckin' weirdo?

You are an incompetent imbecile
At least this saves you having to think and ensures that your grammar is correct, android, you fuckin' weirdo, illiterate moron.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #2902
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
At least this saves you having to think and ensures that your grammar is correct, android, you fuckin' weirdo, illiterate moron.
At least this saves you're having to think and ensures that your're grammar is correct, Hurtz, you fuckin' weirdo, illiterate moron

note - I corrected u mistake. can u see it?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #2903
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I corrected u mistake.
More 'English' from illiterate android. Bleedin' weirdo.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:19 AM   #2904
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Changing goal posts - No.

I've never suggested or implied that theistic motivation (carrot - stick) was necessarily a "prime" or even secondary motivator - that is irrelevant, - it is an "additional" motivator to the inherent societal driver set by a person's moral compass.

My example given prior is black and white (yes or no, binary) for the purpose of ease of illustration only (you can't see that?? ). I could easily state the same position in a less binary, "fuzzy" manner if you like.

Atheist Humanist gives 50 cents to the begger on the street, Christian Humanist gives the 50 cents plus extra 50 cents (because all things equal, he is also a Christian). Is this too binary for you, Ok, Christian gives any amount more than 50 cents, Christian gives 50 cents but also hands the beggar a sandwich... Capish?

No I was just interested how the difference between the two was couched in terms of temptation to not act and this was somehow less in the christian.

Besides your examples of the christer giving more to the beggar simply because he's a christer is not necessarily better. Is the christer not "going the extra mile" merely for selfish, personal gain by trying to win favour with "god?" How is this moral and how does this selfish act not detract from the initial genuine act of kindness that flowed from Humanistic principles?

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #2905
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Wow, Hurtz just said something reasonable for a change.

Obviously our work here JJ is paying of, a hard strong Atheist agreeing that there might just be a God (an unlikely chance is still a chance!).

I was wondering whether Hurtz = Davin , but Davin would never ever say such a thing!

Blessings!
Yes "unlikely" from Hertzy demonstrates there is a possible chance of a God in his/her mind. Good to see Hertzy opening his/her heart to such a possibility. Perhaps the Hertz heart of stone can be slightly softened.

It's obvious he/she reads every post we post as he/she responds to each one at least one time, and often oddly twice. Not sure why.

Blessings to you as well,

JJ

PS Andrew, is Hertzy female or male or do we know for sure? I don't pay enough attention to the rambling, fucked up posts to know. Thanks.
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:56 PM   #2906
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post

PS Andrew, is Hertzy female or male or do we know for sure? I don't pay enough attention to the rambling, fucked up posts to know. Thanks.
IMO Hurtz is a "thing", but probably masculine more than feminine - females aren't so unhinged typically. Hurtz may also not be human - he is clearly a freak.

But I'm glad Hurtz see's the possibility that God may exist!!!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #2907
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post

Besides your examples of the christer giving more to the beggar simply because he's a christer is not necessarily better. Is the christer not "going the extra mile" merely for selfish, personal gain by trying to win favour with "god?" How is this moral and how does this selfish act not detract from the initial genuine act of kindness that flowed from Humanistic principles?
I don't see an ethical dilemma if a Christian goes "the extra mile" out of worship for God. Its possible the Christian will do so because of Christian love instilled within - and not for reward. However, if a Christian has faith that God will provide a reward for his/her good works - why is that something to be ashamed of or demerit ed? An enhanced moral act is still a moral act regardless.

Also, maybe this is one of the reasons why God stays hidden? So as not to rob the Christian of the opportunity for true altruism, as the Christian cannot be 100% certain of a reward either.

Hertz, please spell check and assess my grammar above - thank you for your time (nothing better to do???, LOOSER ).
Old 01-17-2018, 12:42 AM   #2908
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
ood to see Hertzy opening his/her heart to such a possibility.
I'd rather open my bowels over that fuckwitery-containing book that you revere, you cunt.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #2909
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
IMO Hurtz is a "thing", but probably masculine more than feminine - females aren't so unhinged typically. Hurtz may also not be human - he is clearly a freak.

But I'm glad Hurtz see's the possibility that God may exist!!!
Oooo, now jerrypongs little echo chamber joins in too, the weirdo wanker.

Stop doing that weird shit, you are gonna get caught.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:56 AM   #2910
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I don't see an ethical dilemma if a Christian goes "the extra mile" out of worship for God.
It's not the only thing you don't see.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Its possible the Christian will do so because of
Stupidity.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
However, if a Christian has faith that God will provide a reward for his/her good works - why is that something to be ashamed of or demerit ed?
Because it's insane to believe in something which doesn't exist.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
An enhanced moral act is still a moral act regardless.
chistards and morality are oxymorons. Likewise, an insane act is an insane act.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Also, maybe this is one of the reasons why God stays hidden?
god stays hidden because he doesn't exist, dumbass.

Oh, stop doing that weirdo shit.