Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
Eva
Super Moderator

and i knew you would something like that.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
Eva
Super Moderator

captain, i don't even call cunts cunts.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Maybe, but I don't think so. What would you actually have talked about? How many ways can you say, "I am morally superior", "I am so much smarter" ...?
How do Christian forums operate any differently? Are you aware of any Christian forums where the Christian posters are likely to concede even an eighth of an inch of ground to an atheistic perspective? Do not Christians claim to be morally superior, smarter and more open-minded than atheists?

Tell us, Lily, what do you expect us to do when you start preaching/teaching/educating? Clam up? Because, if we're not allowed to challenge you, that's our only option and then there is no Raving Atheist Forum. Is that what you want, ultimately?

Quote:
Lily wrote
See? Now those are two entirely different matters and you are implicitly conceding my point. Theists have been here from the beginning. There was never a time when they weren't here. Remember the Raving Atheist?
Just like some atheists, theists come and go here. For some, the novelty is bound to wear off after a while, especially once it becomes clear that there is no resolution to our conflict.

Quote:
Lily wrote
While I think the forum, even then, was somewhat separate, the back and forthing between the blog and the forum was pretty intense. As far as Bush is concerned, yes, since you all think pretty much alike, your antagonism to him was a rich source of conversational fodder. But, again, all that gave you was a focus for your largely similar political views. Bush bashers were not all atheists. Would you have kept them out and ridiculed them? If so, how do you envision creating a distinctively atheist political blog? What might that look like?
Come on, Lily. It's not like you don't get your digs in when the discussions turn political. It's the nature of the beast that irreconciliable differences of opinon are going to turn nasty after a while, unless the participants on both sides consciously commit to maintaining a civil tone, and you certainly can't deny your own role in these vituperous exchanges.

Again, neither you nor thomastwo have ever been censored here, though you are restricted from adding extraneous commentary to the theist-free threads. However, the same restrictions are placed on the atheists here in those threads.

Are you seeking to have your own atheist-free threads on this atheist forum? That would be awfully generous of the atheists here. I wonder if there are any Christian forums that are so magnanimous towards atheists?

Quote:
Lily wrote
You are on much firmer ground here. Given the fapping adolescent, a mod no less!!!, cuntgate (another fapping, adolescent mind, there), and the incredible reality jolt Ten's theft provided, the forum was bound to go through some hard growing pains. It probably doesn't help that Chris has walked away. Really, with mods who participate/ed in the worst excesses of the forum and no adult making any decisions about what boundaries are necessary to make the whole thing work in a meaningful way (providing an outlet for overage males to talk dirty doesn't seem like enough), it is a bloody miracle that this place still staggers on.
How could it not "stagger on" when we have your own religious devotion to the forum. While there will always be theists who are willing to sacrifice themselves to the cause of converting the heathens at the Raving Atheists Forum, you do more than any of them to keep this place alive.

If you want to see this place die (and I know you do), have faith: Stop feeding us and see what happens.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 10-25-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Virtually anyone willing to set boundaries could run things better. Of course I could run it better. But better for whom? It would be better for those who want to discuss anything seriously. It would be far worse for those who want to talk dirty. It would be better for those who would like to be able to address a subject and be wrong about it-- without facing ridicule. But it would be worse for those who live to heap ridicule. It would be better for adults who would rather not have dirty-minded adolescents messing the place up. But where would the dirty-minded adolescents go?

Better / worse are in the personalities of the members.
Oh! I love it when Lily talks dirty!

I see she is into the dirty adolescents now. Times have changed when a good Catholic can't molest a little kid anymore without being ridiculed for it! What has this world become!

Lily, what is it about the Jesus eating forums that can't satisfy you? Why would any blood drinker in her right mind spend years making a fool of herself on an atheist forum? (Wait! Disregard that oxymoron there.) You've never made a single point that wasn't based on lies and distortions. You've never made a friend. You are not welcome, and you never have been. What is it you seek from The Raving Atheists? It has to be cock.

To Lily, With Love

I don’t like girls with tiny tits,
Nor dizzy prudes with wacky wits.
You cannot fuck an A-size cup,
Nor hump a mouth if it won’t shut up.
I don’t like wrinkled granny grunts,
With dusty, old, or moldy cunts.
But to crazy ones who daily stalk,
I think I could share once my cock.
O, Lily Cow, I will service you.
I will fuck your pussy black and blue.
I’ll give you a mighty pile-drive screw.
I’ll shoot my load inside of you.
I’ll plow your field, and when I’m through,
I’ll pound your dirty asshole too.
I’ll pierce your bum and pack your poo.
I’ll fill your ass with sticky goo.

But you have to try not to be mean,
And you’ll have to lick my shitty dick clean.

~ Ghoulslime H Christ

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
None of 'em? Not even you-know-who? Is it a religious thing? I'll bet that's it...

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #36
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

To Lily, With Love

I don’t like girls with tiny tits,
Nor dizzy prudes with wacky wits.
You cannot fuck an A-size cup,
Nor hump a mouth if it won’t shut up.
I don’t like wrinkled granny grunts,
With dusty, old, or moldy cunts.
But to crazy ones who daily stalk,
I think I could share once my cock.
O, Lily Cow, I will service you.
I will fuck your pussy black and blue.
I’ll give you a mighty pile-drive screw.
I’ll shoot my load inside of you.
I’ll plow your field, and when I’m through,
I’ll pound your dirty asshole too.
I’ll pierce your bum and pack your poo.
I’ll fill your ass with sticky goo.

But you have to try not to be mean,
And you’ll have to lick my shitty dick clean.

~ Ghoulslime H Christ
That was, /sniff/, beautiful ghoul

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #37
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
Careful, Eva, wouldn't want to admit to the theist scum that we have verbal scruples.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #38
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
lily and thomas, it seems like the epitome of bizarre to me that both of you are claiming censorship in a forum that allows free and and pretty much unimpeded posting by anyone, except for the obvious spammers and bad trolls.
any limitations on posting are limited to certain threads, and have been applied uniformly to all members. smelly does a pretty good job with that.

your claims of censorship are baseless, thomas. thank your god for that.
If you are going to refuse me the right to reply to the claims of nkb about me by deleting my posts than that is censorship.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #39
Irreligious
I Live Here

Thomastwo, you are being unreasonable.

You have had several opportunities--and in several threads, I might add-- to explain what you meant when you told Victus "it's hard to see beyond what you want to see." You have scrupulously avoided doing that in favor of advancing this bogus case about alleged censorship.

Why not just cut the shit and explain what you meant?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 10-26-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #40
Eva
Super Moderator

t2, you want special privileges only for yourself.
reply elsewhere, but not on that thread.

this is not censorship. and so what if you feel it is? you can still complain aaaalllll you want.

H. L. Mencken
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #41
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Thomastwo, you are being unreasonable.

You have had several opportunities--and in several threads, I might add-- to explain what you meant when you told Victus "it's hard to see beyond what you want to see." You have scrupulously avoided doing that in favor of advancing this bogus case about alleged censorship.

Why not just cut the shit and explain what you meant?
You're just missing the point. Why would I want to debate with somebody who runs off to their own private corner where comment and dissent is not permitted?

nkb is the one who should debate in the thread.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #42
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
t2, you want special privileges only for yourself.
reply elsewhere, but not on that thread.

this is not censorship. and so what if you feel it is? you can still complain aaaalllll you want.
Deleting my replies is not censorship? Of course it is.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #43
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
thomastwo wrote View Post
You're just missing the point. Why would I want to debate with somebody who runs off to their own private corner where comment and dissent is not permitted?

nkb is the one who should debate in the thread.
You're missing the entire point of this forum, thomastwo. You're fodder, dude. But you ain't being censored.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #44
Eva
Super Moderator

it is not censorship.
and if it is, so what? what are you going to do about it? post MORE?

yeah, you do that. keep posting! show everybody how censored you are!!

H. L. Mencken
Old 10-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #45
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Lily wrote
Actually, the concept of TFT was introduced by the one and only Professor Chaos and was aimed at me (quelle surprise!).
Horse hockey! Though color me shocked (whatever that color is) that you think the original TFT had anything to do with you. Narcissism must be a debilitating illness -- so many delusions to address ...

Turned out to be an interesting thread, too. Wonder why ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote