Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
wilbo

bigety bigety bang

Im no scientist so i have some questions regarding the big bang.

1: What would a witness have seen at B minus 1?

2: Did at B minus 1 a gravity held sphere containing the entire mass of the universe just come into existence, then at B hour explode?

3: When scientists talk about the God particle, do they mean that at B minus 1 a single one of those came into existence then exploded?

4: Could the big bang have just been the detonation of a super super super superdooper supernova from a superdoopeer star?

5: Truly comprehending the infinity of space is impossible. But i sort of understand that gravity has dictated the size of of life on earth, so does that mean that combined with infinity, Gravity on a scale beyond comprehension could be holding life at a scale where our universe is no more than the size of an atom? (or is my imagination mental?)
wilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Please submit response papers for peer review, then collect your Nobel prize.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
wilbo

Thanks, where did you submit yours?
Im only asking questions millions of others must be asking. People dont need a degree in dipshitery to ask questions do they?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
wilbo

Hey Kate i notice that the person stood next you in that photo has the same retarded look on his face as smellyoldgits avatar!
I take it that vacant cunts are plentyful on this site
Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Kate

You are a slow one innit.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

*Sigh* Hi, Wilbo. I don't usually engage, but I'm fairly bored, so I'll endulge you a bit. Here goes.

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post

The big bang theorizes the beginning of space and time. Since "B" created time, the question of "B minus 1" is illogical.

Quote:
2: Did at B minus 1 a gravity held sphere containing the entire mass of the universe just come into existence, then at B hour explode?
By the way, the subtlety of Smelly's response was clearly lost on you. Some of your questions, like this one, are some of the biggest questions in science. Sometimes the answer is simply, "We don't know."

Quote:
3: When scientists talk about the God particle, do they mean that at B minus 1 a single one of those came into existence then exploded?
No.

Quote:
4: Could the big bang have just been the detonation of a super super super superdooper supernova from a superdoopeer star?
I've never heard of a super superdooper supernova from a superdoopeer star, so I'll say..."unlikely."

Quote:
5: Truly comprehending the infinity of space is impossible.
Yep.

Quote:
But
Ugh.

Quote:
i sort of understand that gravity has dictated the size of of life on earth,
Umm...what?

Quote:
so does that mean that combined with infinity, Gravity on a scale beyond comprehension could be holding life at a scale where our universe is no more than the size of an atom? (or is my imagination mental?)
Did you just watch Men in Black?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 12-30-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #8
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
I take it that vacant cunts are plentyful on this site
Indeed - welcome aboard!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Wow! Somebody call the nut house! Another loony bird has slipped the coop.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
wilbo

Quote:
Did you just watch Men in Black?
Nearly, it was Stephen Hawking i was watching. But like you said i was wrong, it is the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere that dictates the size of creatures on earth. Like i said scientist i aint hence the questions.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
Kate

Uh huh.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #12
wilbo

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Wow! Somebody call the nut house! Another loony bird has slipped the coop.
Ha ive been reading some of your posts, at least a nutter has things going on in his nut, your head must be empty, as the only thing coming out you is digested baby food.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
Kate

Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post

Heh. This is how willing to give people the benefit of the doubt I am. When I first read that, I though that "B" must be the first moment after the big bang that we can make sense of with our physics ("A" of course being the moment of the big bang), and that wilbo was asking what we might have seen before that moment.
Which, you know, is still a question that can't be answered (due to the being before the parts where physics kicked in), but not at all a question designed to trip someone up.

Then I kept reading, and re-read the question and realised what it was actually asking.

I'm still going to give you the benefit of the doubt this one time, and give you a nice - but basically identical - answer to what Professor Chaos did.

So at "B minus 1". Um. Minus 1 what? 1 second? 1 hour? Minus one really cadillac?

See, here's the thing (I'm sorry, this is going to be longer than expected, probably a little more rambling). I watched a documentary almost a year back now called "Wonders Of The Universe". It was a BBC series hosted by a fellow named Brian Cox. Really interesting stuff, check it out some time when you get a chance.
Anyway, at one point he made a quote that stuck with me enough that I wrote it down.

"We are ever compelled to traverse into the future. The arrow of time dictates that with each passing moment, things change."

The arrow of time, in this case, has to do with the second law of thermodynamics, and entropy - in this case we're saying that the energy in the universe will slowly become more and more evenly spread throughout the universe.

How do we measure time? In this case I mean, how to we recognise that one moment is different from another? Through change. A leaf blows down the street, in one place one moment, somewhere different the next. The earth, sun, moon and stars all change their positions from one moment to the next. This is change is movement, energy.

Eventually, all the energy in the universe will be spread out. There will be no gravity, no motion, no heat, no life, no light. Just a cold, dark, changeless void.

And with nothing to change, nothing to mark the turning of time, how can time have any meaning?

I ask you same the thing about before the big bang. With nothing to move, nothing to change, what would be the meaning of time? 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour before the big bang, they're all the same moment.

As such, this is an illogical question.

Plus - even if that wasn't the case - there'd be nowhere for a person to observe from in the first place..

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
5: Truly comprehending the infinity of space is impossible.
Probably not infinite, also not impossible.
On another note - check this out, it's really cool.
The Scale Of The Universe
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Ha ive been reading some of your posts, at least a nutter has things going on in his nut, your head must be empty, as the only thing coming out you is digested baby food.
Please tell us all about how Jesus lives in your crackers.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote