View Poll Results: What Percentage of Atheists Are Going to Hell?
Less than 10% 5 71.43%
10% to 30% 0 0%
31% to 50% 0 0%
51% to 75% 0 0%
76% to 90% 0 0%
91% to 98% 0 0%
99% to 100% 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #16
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Waddlie wrote View Post
Ah, dumbshit fundy spammers. Even more tragic than this...

Ah, the tragedy of a party that huge that I could not attend!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #17
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

God may have created the universe, but the link shows Jesus about to create the milky way.

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
Atheist Geordie

Quote:
Foreversaved wrote View Post
Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause. Since human beings still sin, due to the exponential progression of conscience, there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects. We are left with but one option: there must be an uncreated Creator. And since skeptical scholars are virtually unanimous that the disciples believed they saw Jesus resurrected, then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection.
Ok I haven't read all the postings on this topic, so apologies if I am rehashing somebody else. But for starters there is no archaeological or historical proof that Jesus existed. In fact at the time there were many 'Messiahs'. So this line of argument is flawed. Jesus seems to be a mock up of other myths and religions. This is not a strong argument. Except for the scriptures there seems to be no proof of his exsistence. It's like the 40 years the Israelites spent in the desert, there is no actual proof.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Yes, you're essentially saying the same thing I said in post #2.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #20
Atheist Geordie

And while I'm at it. Can you explain why in Genesis 1 he creates the beasts before man and in Genesis 2 man after the beasts and in Genesis 1 he creates man and woman but in Genesis 2 Adam after naming all the animals (which must have taken one hell of a long time), he gets lonely and from his rib created Eve? The inconsistencies go on, but please answer these two questions first.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
Atheist Geordie

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Doh!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Atheist Geordie wrote View Post
And while I'm at it. Can you explain why in Genesis 1 he creates the beasts before man and in Genesis 2 man after the beasts....
yeah. it's easy to explain: the different people who made this shit up didn't cross reference their bollocks with each other.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
Atheist Geordie

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
yeah. it's easy to explain: the different people who made this shit up didn't cross reference their bollocks with each other.
Absolutely, but I want to hear the religious opinion on this. This is the holy book, how we (humans) should live our lives according to the word of god. Even though it contradicts itself continually. If this is the moral code why aren't there more stonings? For example for a man to lie with another man is a sin however that didn't deter David and Jonathon!!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #24
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
And while I'm at it. Can you explain why in Genesis 1 he creates the beasts before man and in Genesis 2 man after the beasts and in Genesis 1 he creates man and woman but in Genesis 2 Adam after naming all the animals (which must have taken one hell of a long time), he gets lonely and from his rib created Eve? The inconsistencies go on, but please answer these two questions first.
First, no-one in all of human literature recorded the names Adam was to have given the animals. It is certain, for instance, that Adam did not call that large cat a "lion". Therefore the entire exercise was useless make-work designed by God to waste Adam's time.

The answer to the first question is simple: Genesis 1 is merely a loose paraphrase of Genesis 2 and Genesis 2 is merely a loose paraphrase of Genesis 1. Neither chapter has any more basis than that, certainly nothing from either reality or nature.

This is proven by the completely ridiculous notion that God, the omniscient, paraded those animals past Adam as candidates for mates, especially when we know that God frowns on bestiality (for no biological reason whatsoever). God did not know that no other species could be a mate for Adam!

There is no unique truth in the Bible as a hole [sic] and in Genesis in particular.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #25
Atheist Geordie

It gets even better with Noah!

Still want to hear from Christians/Jews/Muslims about this. like theist123, christfollower etc
Old 11-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
BOF

Quote:

Still want to hear from Christians/Jews/Muslims about this. like theist123, christfollower etc

Well,seeing as you ask;do I have a choice? Of so,I'd rather not thanks just the same.

It's said repeating the same action expecting a different outcome is a sign of insanity.I think that must also apply to continue to wade through the same tired drivel ad infintum. Besides,it's bloody boring,and makes me want to say something unkind.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #27
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
It's said repeating the same action expecting a different outcome is a sign of insanity.
So if you phone someone and it's engaged and you call back later you are insane?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #28
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #29
BOF

@kate

Cute.

Did you make it? If so,could you make me a farting hippo?

--Strangely,they don't have any at "Toys R Us". The nice lady got quite snitty when I asked.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #30
Foreversaved

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
Forever saved wrote:
Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause[citation 1 needed]. Since human beings still sin[citation 2 needed], due to the exponential progression of conscience[citation 3 needed], there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects[citation 4 needed]. We are left with but one option: there must be an uncreated Creator. And since skeptical scholars are virtually unanimous that the disciples believed they saw Jesus resurrected[citation 5 needed], then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence [citation 6 needed] that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection[citation 7 needed].
All the citations are given in the 4 Step Proof for God.

1. Trillions of things with causes, nothing in nature to be shown without a cause in nature. You don't have a enough bandwidth to list them all.
2. Jails would not be needed if sin did not exist.
3. Human or child sacrifices are no longer prevalent; women can vote this past century; crime rate down per capita (verify it for yourself these facts are true).
4. Reason for this is given because of 2 & 3.
5. Contact Gary R. Habermas who has quoted the bulk of skeptical scholars the past half century who agree on these 12 facts. Therefore, if you can't find an alternative explanation (that can't be explained away), know it is true, they saw Jesus resurrected.
6. That evidence is Gal. 1 & 2, 1 Cor. 15; the fact that Paul set up the churches in the many epistles of the NT; the many individuals and corroborating evidences of human interactions in setting up those churches; and group hallucinations are impossible.
7. Conclusion: derived from the evidence of 5 and 6.

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-15-2008 at 06:54 PM.