Old 04-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #1
Broga
Obsessed Member

The Greed of Blair - Man of the People

Blair, recently forced to reveal his expenses as a Member of Parliament, is a truly wondrous example of Christian (Roman Catholic) Hypocrisy. Indeed, at this level he gives free loading hypocrisy a bad name. And this is only the stuff we know about

1. £47,000 on his private home while living rent free in Downing Street and at the luxurious country Mansion at Chequers.

2. £15,025 for a mortgage between 2001 and 2004, claimed by the £175,000 a year Prime Minister. As the House cost 30,000 to buy he remortgaged it - a practice now forbidden to MPs.

3. £239 for furniture.

4. £628 for food

5. £6,359 utility bills

6. £17,553 for maintainance

7. £4,526 for cleaning.

8. £337 for his television licence.

Since retiring

£1,000,000 a year for two part time jobs.

Right, guys, don't disappoint me. What do you think of Holy Tony and his attempt at living up to the command of his spiritual leader - Blessed are the Poor?

Please be candid. No reticence needed. I shall try not to be offended.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Isilmë

someone claimed £4000 for taxis to take his wife shopping
Old 04-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
This Wanker

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
That might have been Gorbals Mick, the venerated Speaker of the House of Commons, whose wife went on shopping trips and lied that she was accompanied by an official and therefore the taxis were justified. However, Mick said he knew nothing about this and anyway it was all class prejudice as he was a poor Gorbals lad, fuck all education and an impenetrable accent. (I think there may have been a bit of truth in some of this.) Anyway, to make it up to him they have put Mick in charge of a Committee to oversee MPs expenses and come up with new rules. That may the case you are thinking off.
David Cameron, Leader of the Conservative Opposition, has £30,000,000 (yes, million) between him and his wife and speaks with a very posh accent so I don't think he would be criticised. I'm becoming impressed by the Liberal/Democrat man - Nick Clegg - an atheist. He wants an enquiry into the blocking of the Arms Corruption Investigation by Holy Tony. Dave seems not to have commented.
Is this an American Site? If so there seem to be a lot of refugees from the UK (like myself) on it.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Yup. That's the boy. Gorbal's Mick. He is now in charge of checking on expenses of MPs. There he sits, hasn't the faintest idea what is going on, Thinks the Royal Prerogative is the name of one of Brenda's Corgies, and flattered to hell that he is sitting there with all his Glasgow relatives envying him. Before he can answer even the simplest questions he needs some legal twat in Constitutional Law to tell him what to say. MPs don't like to offend him in case the don't get "called" and noticed by their voters.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #6
Isilmë

uh, its all corrupt.