Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 AM   #3331
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
I love the "Jeebus stuff Judge. It's still a Christian nation and those that don't like it can move the Hell out, JMO.

JJ.
There are two glaring problems here for your view of the "land of the free:"
1.) Historical: The USA was not founded as a chritian nation and your first amendment prevents the state establishment of a religion.
2.) Contemporary: It's not just your opinion though is it? This sort of ignorance of your history and the undeserved sense of entitlement to think of the USA as a christian nation is sadly and incorrectly shared by countless thousands.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #3332
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
There are two glaring problems here for your view of the "land of the free:"
1.) Historical: The USA was not founded as a chritian nation and your first amendment prevents the state establishment of a religion.
2.) Contemporary: It's not just your opinion though is it? This sort of ignorance of your history and the undeserved sense of entitlement to think of the USA as a christian nation is sadly and incorrectly shared by countless thousands.
Judge, what kind of Judge are you.?

The majority of Americans are Christian fool. This makes USA a Christian nation.

If not Christian then what. Atheist? What a laugh (less than 10%). Muslim, nope (less than 3%).

Historically the founding fathers emphasized separation of church and state and hence a government based on secular democracy (not necessarily Christian), but as other atheists on this forum have pointed out (Smelley, Sinny) that politicians which run the government are 99% of the Christian faith, and they most certainly include their Christian values in their decision processes.

Remember, President Bush invaded Iraq because the Christian God told him to - to defeat evil and tyranny.

Bush Christian
Obama Christian
Trump Professes to be a Christian.

So wake up and quit be disingenuous.

JJ, as usual you are right and these stupid atheists are wrong.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #3333
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
The majority of Americans are Christian fool. This makes USA a Christian nation.
If not Christian then what?
The majority of Americans are deluded, racist, obese, gun-fondling ammosexuals.
This makes the USA a deluded, racist, obese, gun-fondling ammosexual nation.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:50 PM   #3334
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Smelly,

No one gives a flying fuck what you think about the USA.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #3335
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Judge, what kind of Judge are you.?

If not Christian then what. Atheist? What a laugh (less than 10%). Muslim, nope (less than 3%).

Historically the founding fathers emphasized separation of church and state and hence a government based on secular democracy (not necessarily Christian), but as other atheists on this forum have pointed out (Smelley, Sinny) that politicians which run the government are 99% of the Christian faith, and they most certainly include their Christian values in their decision processes.

Remember, President Bush invaded Iraq because the Christian God told him to - to defeat evil and tyranny.

Bush Christian
Obama Christian
Trump Professes to be a Christian.

So wake up and quit be disingenuous.

JJ, as usual you are right and these stupid atheists are wrong.
Thanks for the answer Andrew. You are spot on as usual.

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #3336
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Simon Moon wrote View Post
Let me add, "In God We Trust" was not added to our currency until 1957, during the "Red Scare", as a response to those "godless Communists".

In case you math is as bad as you history, that is 181 years after the founding of the US. It also appeared on the little used 2 cent coin in 1864 during the Civil War.

The Great Seal of the US, created by the Founding Fathers, only has "E Pluribus Unum". No sign of any god references.

Here's another historical fact that I am sure you will be completely ignorant of.

In 1796, under president Washington, the US signed a treaty with Tripoli (now Libya) called The Treaty of Tripoli. It was ratified under president John Adams.

In it, reads the following:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
It doesn't matter. The majority here are Christians. That's how I like it, Simon Says.

I don't give a rat's ass about the rest.

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #3337
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Get fucked, you cum slurping slack-jawed bullshitting sorry waste of DNA.
You forgot to call Andrew a cunt, Smelly. Are you ok?

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #3338
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Yes!
Most any idiot knows the answer to that question Andrew. K does as well, he's just wasting our time.

JJ

Psalms: The fool says in his heart there is no God.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:14 PM   #3339
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The one she believes in of course!
In my travels, I've met and cringed at numerous dim specimens who think; "In God We Trust" "One Nation Under God" and "God Bless America" are to be found in their constitution.
Clueless fucks is the politest response I can think of!
You are the perfect example of a Clueless Fuck, Smelly. Whether you like it or not, the US is a Christian nation and we are indded
One Nation under God and God Bless America is spot on.

You're a shit example of an atheist. Shitfaced most of the the time you post (at least) and mod of a dying forum with teenage language colored with "cunt" etc.

JJ:1,2 Fucketh Offeth (KJV)

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #3340
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Ok JJ...But which god?
Also how exactly in your view does this sentiment fit with the first ammendment?
Christian God as noted in the Bible ( which is the inspired word of God). I don't quite frankly "give a damn" how it fits with the first amendment, Judge. It's a Christian nation and that's how it should be in my humble opinion.

"On Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way.............

JJ

PS Hertzy if you're looking "Peeking in" at the forum even though you aren't posting the line in the quotes has been posted specifically for you.

"You'll be back" I just know it.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #3341
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Right! God would dismally fail Communication Skills at the local community college.
God "kicks ass and takes names"* here at local communities for he is all-knowing.

He aced the test, K, all of them.

Time for you to get off your dead ass and covert to Christianity; I believe deep in your heart you might have a gleam of thought it IS indeed true.

I could be dead wrong, which of course would be unusual.

JJ

* Do they say this little ditty, "kick ass and take names" where you live, K?
Old 02-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #3342
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Simon Moon wrote View Post
Let me start by saying, that one of main motivations in life, is to have as many true beliefs, and eliminate as many false beliefs from my mind as possible.

I believe it is important for my beliefs to map as closely as possible to reality.

I am also opened to being convinced of any claim, as long as the claim is supported by demonstrable and falsifiable evidence, reasoned argument, and valid and sound logic.

I know that is what you believe.

What I want to know is why. More specifically, what is the demonstrable evidence and reasoned argument that convinced you, that the Bible is true?

And, if I am not provided with evidence with such evidence, what should be my justification to also believe?

As far back as I can remember, I was a skeptical person. When presented with claims for various supernatural claims, I would apply my critical thinking skills to said claims, in order to determine if they were supported or not.

But, I compartmentalised my religious beliefs, in order to keep them from the same level of of critical scrutiny that other claims were subject to.

At some point in my mid to late teens, I came to the conclusion, that I was not being intellectually honest by not applying the same level of scrutiny to my theistic beliefs, as I did for other supernatural claims. After critical examination, I came to conclusion, that my god beliefs were no longer warranted, due to being unsupported by demonstrable evidence and valid and sound logic. As soon as this became obvious, my beliefs just sort of fell away.

I had family members give me quite a few apologetics books, from McDowell, Lewis, Craig, Strobel, Plantiga and others. I really thought these people would really challenge my lack of beliefs. But when I was able to find fallacies in all their arguments, I was unimpressed.

Well, the way the human mind works when we are young, I believe that I was indoctrinated.

We are programmed by our evolutionary history, to accept, almost without question, what people in authority positions tell us. It is a survival mechanism. This important mechanism gets exploited (not purposely) by things that are supported: don't touch fire, don't hit your baby brother, and by unsupported things: every inanimate object has a spirit (animism), Allah will send you to Jahannam if you eat pork, your grandparents spirits live on (taoism), Jesus sacrificed himself to himself, as a loophole in a rule he created, etc.

Sounds like she is an atheist not based on critical thinking, but because of trauma. Most atheists are atheists because of critical thinking. At lease in my limited experience.

Sounds like she is an atheist not based on critical thinking, but because of trauma. Most atheists are atheists because of critical thinking. At lease in my limited experience.

My atheism is not due to any childhood trauma, bad relationship with my parents, bad experiences at church, etc.

There is no evidence that bears this out. All evidence points to less and less religiosity around the world.
Simon,

I'd like to reply to posts #3313 and #3316 when I have more time. So next time I sign in I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Regards,

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #3343
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Sorry to hear the story about your sister JJ.

The problem of evil has always been the strongest "atheistic" positive argument against God's existence. It is especially strong for those who actually feel the pain of a terrible loss.

Ironically, it sounds like your sister would be a great addition to the atheist gang here - her rhetoric would be welcomed by Hertz, Smelly, Davin etc.

To bring your sister back into the fold, I recommend you recommend her to watch the movie Collateral Beauty.

God Bless, keep up the good work.

I can sense the atheists are softening their opinions because of your missionary work.
Thanks, Andrew. My sister is precious and of course I care about her very much. It was a rough road growing up and she works in health care so she sees unnecessary suffering all the time which lends itself to her atheist beliefs that started in childhood from the reasons I noted in a previous post.

Now it's of course a big "no no" to speak about God in a state institution but it's not that uncommon to hear people state, "No damn God would allow this to happen to me" and similar comments.

My wife was a psychiatric nurse for a time and heard similar comments for those facing severe psychiatric conditions such as major depression an bipolar disease etc.

My aunt was in hospice before she died last year and one question the nurse asked her (as here they assume you're dying within six months to qualify to enter hospice and have Medicare pay for some or all of it depending on which med sup policy you have) was "Do you want to see a minister, pastor, or priest or anyone such as that" which "pissed her off royally" as she stated because she had no belief in God.

She declined and I was shocked given the HIPPA laws here and ban on talking about religion to patients in all secular hospitals the question was asked. The hospice nurse talked to her daughter about it SEVERAL times who was Baptist and explained her mother was upset as she was asked a SECOND time. They never did ask again. No one should be harassed about an issue as such. (It's really a money making issues as the Pastors charge a fortune which Hospice receives a big chunk.) She also felt her pain and suffering from severe lung disease to which which she was on oxygen for proved there could be no God.

My experience regarding atheists is most have used the evil in the world and pain and suffering, those types of issues as, a reason for disbelief. I have to say I have not met many atheists that seem to be knowledgeable about the Bible and have rejected Christianity for more intellectual reasons such as those issues prevent by Judge and Simon.

I have a speculation Smelly might know the Bible more than you guess and perhaps a few others. Here on this form rejecting God seems to be on the basis of lack of evidence and proof for the concept such as Christianity.

However, that said, Sinny has often alluded to and posted pictures of starving kids and the like, so I do belief part of most of his belief in atheism is based on suffering and evil in the word. Sinny has a great sense of humor as well in my opinion of course.

I would invite her to this forum for her rhetoric such as the Bible written by a bunch of drunks who would be laughing their asses off thinking people believe such crapola WOULD fit in, but the adolescent language spewed, like cunt, tithead, Christard, etc would totally be a "turn of" for her an and she would write off most here as idiots. I do think also as intelligent as she is, she would not be able to relate to Judge and Simon for she has never read the Bible at all, just heard passages when we did attend Church, which she hated and probably never "heard." Thus, I have not asked her to read the forum.

I hold out hope for her because she has through the years stated she wished she believed in God for she thinks her life would be more meaningful
and have more purpose.

I would like to hope we have softened some hearts and God alone knows. I am glad you are here to witness witness to our Lord with me. I really like our recent additions to the forum, Simon and Judge and once in awhile wonder what happened to Michael. I also enjoyed discussing issues with him.

Regards,

JJ
Old 02-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #3344
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
Hey glam rock christard

You posted just ahead of me so I didn't get the time to read your latest piece of shit.

Now I have, I have two words for you, glam rock christard.

MARS BAR.

'Be seeing you' glam rock christard.
Hertz,

PS. I didn't miss the 'seeing you" reference. Perhaps once in awhile we can speak the same language.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #3345
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
And the freedom to be so!
God Bless America!!!!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote