Old 06-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #91
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

A depressing read!

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #92
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Yes indeedy. I remember hearing this explanation from my Sunday school teacher: it was "explained" that god made a new covenant with humans because we were just too wretched to keep up with the commandments, so he had to send his son to die to make up for our wretchedness. I remember thinking that God should have realized we weren't going to keep those commandments anymore than we weren't going to eat that apple.

Also I wondered how his son's death made up for our sins. And why god wanted sacrfices to attone for bad acts in the first place, especially the sacrifice (murder) of innocent things that didn't have anything to do with anything. This shit probably doesn't make sense to any child to whom it is force-fed, but over time Christians are indoctrinated (and also indoctrinate themselves) to believe this non-sensical manure. I wonder if Orwell was thinking of religion when he wrote 1984.
From Notes on Nationalism:

"One prod to the nerve of nationalism, and the intellectual decencies can vanish, the past can be altered, and the plainest facts can be denied."
&
"An intelligent man may half-succumb to a belief which he knows to be absurd, and he may keep it out of his mind for long periods, only reverting to it in moments of anger or sentimentality,"

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #93
zdave

I'm loving that quote in Genesis: "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you."

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong"
- Carl Sagan
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #94
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #95
Davin
Obsessed Member

I'm so glad that they can clear it all up without any room for confusion.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:07 PM   #96
Hobotronic2037

I reread this thread tonight. Highly recommended. This was from back when I posted as fiatlux — I lost the password and email address associated with it. Long story. Anyway. Good times.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #97
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
zdave wrote View Post

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #98
Noodle

No surprise this Thomas2 or whatever was slippery.

Is that you in your old account's profile picture? Nice beard.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #99
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
No surprise this Thomas2 or whatever was slippery.

Is that you in your old account's profile picture? Nice beard.
Thanks! :-) I am glad you dig it.

Yes these days my beard is quite a lot longer, even. And grayer for sure. Lol.

After reading through this thread I realized a couple of things. I miss actual debate with theists who are smarter than the Andy/JJ variety. And I’ve gotten way dumber than I used to be due to lack of intelligent engagement. Need to get my mad skillz back in shape.

I am a little sad that Thomas2 never came back for more. I am glad Andy sexpest hasn’t returned yet tho.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #100
Noodle

JJ is clearly just a troll. But he is right that his thread is usually the only place where anything is happening. If I denied it, I would be just as delusional and/or dishonest as he is.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:56 AM   #101
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
JJ is clearly just a troll. But he is right that his thread is usually the only place where anything is happening. If I denied it, I would be just as delusional and/or dishonest as he is.
But that doesn't mean that we can't make something happen on another thread, does it?

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:25 AM   #102
Noodle

It would be awesome if the other threads were more active.

Smelly was right to confine him to one thread. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have that turd trolling the whole forum?

Praise be to Mod!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #103
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
It would be awesome if the other threads were more active.

Smelly was right to confine him to one thread. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have that turd trolling the whole forum?

Praise be to Mod!
It's the stench from her piss pads that's worse. I wish she'd change them more often.

AND, she CLAIMS to have a wife.

She once wrote: 'My beautiful wife'. Now, piss pads is in her late 50s/early 60s based upon her musical quotes. Therefore, even if she is male, which we know she isn't, she wouldn't still refer to her wife as beautiful. People who do that are either recently married or a liar. We know that she isn't recently married. Therefore piss pads is a liar and therefore not married. Therefore piss pads is a single woman. She goes to church because that's probably the only contact with humanity that she gets outside of work. She's desperate for attention and will go loopy if we ignore her.

She claims to own an apartment block which she claims to rent out. We know that she's actually a meeter and greeter for Walmart and probably rents an apartment.

We also have reason to believe that she's a kat licker as opposed to a southern baptist, which is what she claims.

She's also a boring twat. All she does is quote scripture. Even android IQ 6 got fed up her and left after the odorous one suspended him for a week.

She's also brain washed so there's no reasoning with the bitch. That's why I have her on ignore.

Even as a chew stick, she's lost her charm.

Tien.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #104
Noodle

I don't read that thread anymore and it makes me feel much better about visiting this forum. Him having his own thread makes him very easy to ignore.

I hate that we're still even talking and thinking about him. He's a very effective troll.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #105
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
I don't read that thread anymore and it makes me feel much better about visiting this forum. Him having his own thread makes him very easy to ignore.

I hate that we're still even talking and thinking about him. He's a very effective troll.
One of the things that we hold above most things is freedom of speech, within reason. It would be a sad world without that. If piss pads were to be banned, I'd take her side. That said, she's a troll and a disruptive and a brain-washed one at that so confinement to one thread is, for me, necessary and acceptable.

As I said, piss pads was initially useful as a chew stick but I'm bored now and it's time to leave the papist bitch to her own devices.

It's a pity christards don't reciprocate though. I've visited a number of christard forums and, even though I have shown respect, as soon as I mention that I'm atheist, I'm banned. In fact, I'm now banned from every christard forum on the planet. So much for christards being about peace, love, understanding and acceptance. For me, christards are one of the most narrow-minded people on the planet.