Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Brick

Libtard Overflow

Our resident 'Markets Rule' fans seem to be polluting more and more threads with their nauseating religion. If the pollution becomes unbearable, this is the place for 'reassignment by request'.

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
"My insurance should cover my birth control pills!"

"Inconceivable! The purpose of insurance is protect against an unlikely calamity, not routine risks you take upon yourself."

"He has a point, you know."

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 02-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
psychodiva
I Live Here

better make sure you don't claim for that STD you got then eh Brick?

ā€œ'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
psychodiva
I Live Here

"Inconceivable! The purpose of insurance is protect against an unlikely calamity, not routine risks you take upon yourself."

oo or that heart attack you have as a result of alcohol and fatty foods, or the bowel cancer from eating too many takeaways- or what about that broken leg from falling off the bike you bought knowing full well you were crap at riding it ...................

Old 02-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
psychodiva
I Live Here

oh- and mods- please move mine and Brictus' posts to where they SHOULD be thank you

Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
oo or that heart attack you have as a result of alcohol and fatty foods, or the bowel cancer from eating too many takeaways- or what about that broken leg from falling off the bike you bought knowing full well you were crap at riding it ...................

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Brick wrote View Post
"My insurance should cover my birth control pills!"

"He has a point, you know."
That sounds a lot like political ideology.

Of course, if this lady's employer provides healthcare insurance, he cannot restrict her access to birth control simply because his religion forbids it - not in a secular nation, and certainly not when the healthcare insurance is paid for or subsidized by taxes.

Yes, he does have a point, a stupid point, much like many of the political points some liberetardians make on this forum at times, innit?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:

I have asthma. I routinely take risks by going for jogs. My insurance covers this routine risk by providing me with inhalers.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Eternal
Thank God Iā€™m an atheist

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
I have asthma. I routinely take risks by going for jogs. My insurance covers this routine risk by providing me with inhalers.
I have genital warts, I have regular wanks and do not wash my hands. When I asked for marigolds to reduce the risk of infecting others they said no. It was a really nice letter I had sent them too.

Go figure.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
oh- and mods- please move mine and Brictus' posts to where they SHOULD be thank you
I don't know about that. This is the appropriate thread for crucifixion.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
I have genital warts, I have regular wanks and do not wash my hands. When I asked for marigolds to reduce the risk of infecting others they said no. It was a really nice letter I had sent them too.

Go figure.
Such a shame! It was probably a religious view that got it rejected. What is this world coming to?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Brick

My further replies will be posted in the "Your Government, Your Friend" Thread.

Quote:
better make sure you don't claim for that STD you got then eh Brick?
If I wreck my car while reenacting stunts from the Dukes of Hazzard, should my car insurance pay for it? People who get STDs are fucking idiots.

Should health insurance pay for tooth paste? No you say? Well, I guess you just want people to have cavities and bad breath, you monster!

Quote:

You don't have a heart attack every time you drink a beer. This is why insurance companies are willing to pay for the bypass surgeries of drinkers- they know that on average they will get more from premiums.

Now look at birth control. What are the odds that someone will have sex? How many times? Are you beginning to see why this might be bad for insurance companies?

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
That sounds a lot like political ideology.

Of course, if this lady's employer provides healthcare insurance, he cannot restrict her access to birth control simply because his religion forbids it - not in a secular nation, and certainly not when the healthcare insurance is paid for or subsidized by taxes.

Yes, he does have a point, a stupid point, much like many of the political points some liberetardians make on this forum at times, innit?
Isn't it a bit dishonest to say your employer is restricting your access when what you really mean is that he won't buy something you could easily get and pay for? Is my grocery store restricting my access to food by demanding that I pay for it?

Do you understand why there are deductibles? Should my car insurance pay for oil changes?

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post

No copay? And I presume the annual cost of your inhalers is a lot less than the annual cost of birth control pills, the high end of which is about $600/yr.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Ah, Brick. God bless you! Always looking out for the little guy.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Ah, Brick. God bless you! Always looking out for the little guy.
How does making insurance more expensive, by forcing it to cover low-cost, high-probability events help the little guy? Would it help the little guy to force car insurance to cover topping up your tank?

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Victus wrote View Post
How does making insurance more expensive, by forcing it to cover low-cost, high-probability events help the little guy? Would it help the little guy to force car insurance to cover topping up your tank?
No, but wouldn't that be great considering today's fuel prices?

Sorry. I'll try to be serious now.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote