Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #301
Whisper

Quote:
colpat wrote
Greeting Whisper
Those are good serious thoughts and I'll do my best to give a good serious response. My attempts at this same question to myself was something like this. God "What is the best logical, scientific evidence to prove you ARE?
His answer "My creation proves I Am."
Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
I know it's just gone 3.10am here, and I should probably get myself to bed - but... I am confused. Is that your entire response? To cite 'creation' as your convincing evidence of god?

Because it's not convincing and even if it were, it's non-specific and could pertain to any number of creator-gods.

(If I don't respond to your response in a timely fashion, it'll be because I'm asleep.)
Dude, seriously. Answer.

I mean. Do you even understand why that's not convincing?

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #302
Demigod79

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
On a mere technicality, evolution is a scientific theory which explains thousands of observed facts.
When explanations become almost universally accepted, they are labeled by the layman as fact.

.... but colpat is still a retarded dipshit and totally wrong.
According to the Wikipedia article on Evolution as theory and fact, the word "fact" (regarding evolution) is used in two ways:
Quote:
When scientists say "evolution is a fact", they are using one of two meanings of the word "fact". One meaning is empirical: evolution can be observed through changes in allele frequencies or traits of a population over successive generations.

Another way "fact" is used is to refer to a certain kind of theory, one that has been so powerful and productive for such a long time that it is universally accepted by scientists.
I personally like to distinguish between the fact of evolution (empirical) and the theory. For instance, it's possible to accept the fact of evolution and reject the theory (e.g., aliens caused species to change). Not that I expect this to make much difference with colpat since he doesn't even accept the fact, much less the theory.

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #303
Irreligious
I Live Here

I kind of like his answer for the sheer brazen tone of it:
God: My creation proves I am."

Of course, there is no "proof" that the universe was a conscious and deliberate creation, but that is not something creationists are prepared to deal with as a possibility. Humans and other animated beings "enhance" what exists by creating things, i.e., skyscrapers, beehives, dung beetle balls, etc.

So that which is naturally occurring and unenhanced, i.e., forests, beaches, coral reefs, stars, planets, solar systems, etc., must also be deliberate creations by an animated entity. These artifacts of nature are far too awesome to be the product of chemical reactions and physical laws, creationists insist. Somebody-- even if it's not a somebody with a physical body or a physical brain and moveable appendages-- had to create it, they reason, instead of just acknowledging that they're scientifically illiterate and don't really know jack shit about how the physical world operates.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #304
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
Greetings;
Demigod79 wrote:I understand you have a strong belief that evolution from simpler lifeforms is a scientific fact. I don't believe it is a scientific fact. Therefore: I see it would be hard to take me seriously.
I would take them seriously, but validate. Even a blind squirrel finds a few acorns.
You still fail to understand that the use of facts has no faith or belief component. The fact of evolution, as distinct from the theory of evolution, is as well established as the most basic of any other body of current human knowledge.

Alongside the literal tens of tons of physical evidence and the many other consistent lines of support is the fact that contrary evidence has not been found.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #305
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
Greetings;
Irreligious wrote:The single voice is perfect and consistent. The interpretations are many and inconsistent.
The many interpretations demonstrate that the message is neither perfect nor consistent. If it were, then someone could understand it correctly.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #306
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Ah but you love it.

Spending time writing the same things at length, over a prolonged period, where the only difference is who you are writing to, is slightly more tedious. Just trust me on that one. You think you're making a point, where you actually have nothing to say. I know I have nothing to say. I'm just letting you know that you also have nothing to say and as expected this upsets you. Luckily for me, your ignorance amuses me.

That said, the obvious is missed on you. You guys are like a big crusty bogey sticking out of a nose, yet you oddly think you're relevant and have something noteworthy to say. I'm sure most bogeys 'think' they're highly significant and not worth picking.

All I'm dissappointed by is the amount of anger and animosity here. That said if you have no foundation, then it's a natural destination. You like to portray me as angry as it somehow justifies your own turmoil and deflects it as well. I just pity you, God bless.

I would also recommend not posting pictures of yourselves on here as it
reduces your credibility to that of a bunch of inbred yokels. I actually lol'ed at some of the piccies.

Notice me notice me.
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #307
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Demigod79 wrote View Post
According to the Wikipedia article
I hate it when that happens - but I can live with it.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #308
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Notice me notice me.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #309
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

Poor Sellied Jerry! Nobody wants to fuck his ass any more.
Remember when I said this? It was very funny!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #310
Broga
Obsessed Member

To claim that god created the universe solves nothing. It does, however, add to the problem because we then have to ask "Who created god?"

To say that god's creation proves god's existence is beyond stupid.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #311
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Soiled Jerry needs a different hobby, one that doesn't involve thinking.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #312
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Jerry I am not a bogey, nor a yokel. As this is not a dating site, why bother with pictures?? Unless you have one of yourself spread eagle over a piano stool in a pair of crutchless knicky nanas.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #313
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Stoolspine - That was kinda funny I must admit, but my personal favourite is everything I've said. It's so much funnier when it's true, particularly when you can laugh at arrogantly stupid people.

Spermswallows - your form of "thinking" involves repetitiously repeating what others have said a long long time ago, the sad thing is your desire to portray yourself as some sort of free and deep thinker is only matched by your inability to do so. If you really had something of note to say I would have expected you to say it by now. Keep trying though, if you give up you'll have nothing.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #314
DyingStrong

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Look at you guys go!! I really feel sorry for you.
What a psycho! 210 posts and you still here, posting galore.

Admit it, retard, you love it, here. DonĀ“t you feel sorry for yourself? What are you accomplishing by "feeling sorry" and having some laughs at the pics posted here, unless you are real weirdo.
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #315
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

The feeling's mutual. I see those who come here as psychos, or just weak as piss as they need virtual support to shield them from the outside world. Either way it's laughable.