Old 07-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #31
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

This is so exciting are we about to learn the true workings of Gallactic Star Shitting Penguins?
Mysterious ways just won't seem satisfying once Poowho reveals the reality of our origins.

Stop the Holy See men!

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 07-15-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: grammer failure!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #32
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

If life comes from life, where did God come from?? Obvious I know.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #33
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The star & people puking Mbombo is looking a better bet than I ever imagined.

Quote:
Some expert wrote
Bumba who is bothered by a nagging stomach ache then vomited out the sun, forced out the moon followed by an array of stars. Then came planet earth in which he vomited out nine animals and an assortment of humans. From there, the nine pioneering animals reproduced and multiplied and evolved with time and were spread all over the world.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 AM   #34
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Pahu, you've excited the lions of RA. They haven't had a good feed of christian for months and the few lightweight scrawny morsels thev'e fed on lately have done nothing to sate them. This has led them to occasionly snap and snarl amongst themselves

Now your appearance here has them salivating over memories of tasty gods of times past. Are you ready to martyr yourself in the RA arena? You know god loves his followers ending up as pet food. You've got nothing to lose except everlasting life

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #35
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Pahu, you've excited the lions of RA. They haven't had a good feed of christian for months and the few lightweight scrawny morsels thev'e fed on lately have done nothing to sate them. This has led them to occasionly snap and snarl amongst themselves

Now your appearance here has them salivating over memories of tasty gods of times past. Are you ready to martyr yourself in the RA arena? You know god loves his followers ending up as pet food. You've got nothing to lose except everlasting life
I fear he is likely but a tiny morsel to satisfy some very hungry lions...

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #36
zdave

Far out, yet another regurgitated argument from ignorance. But it's OK Pahu, ignorance can be fixed with education. If you don't learn then you're skillfully dodging the education, which as I'm sure you agree is reaching for stupid.

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
The only evidence I am aware of is what is observed, tested, and confirmed. The origin of life fails that test, as I shared.
Which test? That bizarre slightly modified version of the cosmological argument that fails to address even one of the problems that were inherent in the original version? This is not a test, it's an argument... and a shitty one at that, and here's why.

Cosmological arguments make the presumption that the universe had to begin. That's it... you're making an assumption. If you can't get beyond the first point of the argument then you cannot continue through the rest of them. Prove the universe had to begin! Kudos on spirit though. See, I don't have an answer to the question of "Did the universe begin?"... I could speculate, or consider it, but I have 0 (zero) foundation of information on which to base my conclusion. If you have some additional information regarding the beginning of the universe/life, then please present it so we may all be informed.

Quote:
What empirically-demonstrable fact are you referring to?
OK, how about the Japanese Crabs? How about the Tusked Elephants? How about the Peppered Moth? All three are empirically demonstrable. Can you testify that creation is anywhere near as demonstrable as this? (P.S. The answer of "Just look around you" is not a demonstration.)

Quote:
Why do you believe that. Does your accusation include the scientists confirming the conclusions?
[/quote]

Because Pahu, you haven't displayed even the slightest notion of understanding the basic principles of this argument. Research, read, learn, discuss etc. Here is the information... either you educate yourself, or you will willfully turn away from it. The choice is now yours what to do with reality.

P.S. If you read up those links and find yourself saying "That's artificial selection! Not natural selection", remember, we're talking about evolution. So please don't argue down that path. Sorry if you weren't going to, but I'm just trying to cover the base.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong"
- Carl Sagan
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #37
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
zdave wrote View Post
Cosmological arguments make the presumption that the universe had to begin. That's it... you're making an assumption. If you can't get beyond the first point of the argument then you cannot continue through the rest of them. Prove the universe had to begin! Kudos on spirit though. See, I don't have an answer to the question of "Did the universe begin?"... I could speculate, or consider it, but I have 0 (zero) foundation of information on which to base my conclusion. If you have some additional information regarding the beginning of the universe/life, then please present it so we may all be informed.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #38
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Ghoul in the name of star shitting penguins, repent, repent!! All evidence points to the holy penguins of Jerusalem.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #39
West491
Obsessed Member

Argument from ignorance: I don't know the answer, therefore what I tell you is the answer.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #40
Pahu

Quote:
zdave wrote
My assumption is based on observation, experience and experimentation. Since everything in the universe has been observed to begin, the assumption seems valid the universe itself also began. Those who believe in the Big Bang believe it began there, which indicates they know it had to have begun. All I'm doing is saying that the matter that they think was compressed into the singularity, also had to have begun.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #41
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

"Since everything in the universe has been observed to begin .."

No. Most things in the universe have been observed to change. If you disagree, please describe the precise moment when a rock "begins." Or a planet. Or a shartstain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #42
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
Since everything in the universe has been observed to begin, the assumption seems valid the universe itself also began.
Everything in the universe has been observed? Good holy gerbil balcony of perversion! Why are we wasting money on observing our universe if it's all been observed already? Those god damned liberal, baby hating, atheist scientific ass holes are just eating away money pretending to "discover" new things about space, it's all a conspiracy that goes all the way up to our lord and founder, Sagan!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #43
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

.... everything? - sheesh, somebody needs to have a word with those eebil black holes and get that damn light sped up a bit.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #44
West491
Obsessed Member

Scientists still haven't observed the end of my wang.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #45
Demigod79

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
My assumption is based on observation, experience and experimentation. Since everything in the universe has been observed to begin, the assumption seems valid the universe itself also began. Those who believe in the Big Bang believe it began there, which indicates they know it had to have begun. All I'm doing is saying that the matter that they think was compressed into the singularity, also had to have begun.
As Philboid Studge said, when something "begins" to exist it is actually just a re-ordering of existing material into a new form. It's pretty much like a clay potter making a pot; the potter's act of "creation" is simply rearranging already existing material into something else. Indeed, this is the only kind of "creation" that we see in the universe.

In fact, this idea of creation-from-something is even supported in the bible! Notice that before the first day of creation (the creation of light, when the Big Bang is supposed to have happened) the bible speaks of the earth being dark and formless, and God's spirit hovering over the waters. The Genesis creation account then goes on to describe how God separated the water and created the sky and dry land - God does not create these things from scratch, he simply rearranges them. This idea can then be extended to everything else that God "creates" - including mankind which he transforms out of dust (thus, creation ex nihilo is a myth and is refuted by the bible itself).

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote