Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #31
hannahasbury1

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm out for the day. I'll talk to you guys Monday!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #32
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
What a pathetic attempt at trolling, cunt* Xans.

*Sorry, typo. The "c" is right next to the "X," the "u" is a vowel, much like "a," and the "t" is...er...also typed with the left hand. Or something.
If it was my intent to troll, I'd respond to your insults more often.
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #33
Just Us Chickens

Apparently I’m missing something here what exactly does this debunk?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
It turns out that a "burst" of speciation that scientists thought happened 65 million years ago actually happened 20 million years before that. Xans somehow thinks this supports young Earth creationism.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #35
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
Xans wrote
p.s. If something like this can "flabbergast" mainstream scientists, I can't wait to see their reaction to more evidence of a world wide flood and it's effect on their precious theories.
Such as...?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #36
Choobus
I Live Here

fuck of Xancis you shit eating moron.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #37
Just Us Chickens

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
It turns out that a "burst" of speciation that scientists thought happened 65 million years ago actually happened 20 million years before that. Xans somehow thinks this supports young Earth creationism.
But its still evolution they just had the time a little off. It would be interesting to know what made them change their minds about the time like but I can't imagine how the new development would support any of Xans views.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #38
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
But its still evolution they just had the time a little off. It would be interesting to know what made them change their minds about the time like but I can't imagine how the new development would support any of Xans views.
The Nature article these conclusions are supposed to be presented in hasn't been released yet, so I haven't been able to see their methodology.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #39
Just Us Chickens

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
The Nature article these conclusions are supposed to be presented in hasn't been released yet, so I haven't been able to see their methodology.
I have a poor understanding of science its so nice to have all of you in this forum around so that I can pick your brains :)
Old 03-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #40
Choobus
I Live Here

Xancis logic: hey man, these so-called scientists made a minor mistake, that means everything they say is wrong and Jeebus rules. Now I'm going to get on my science powered computer and prove to the world that I am as much of a retarded cunt as I seem to be. But first I am going to suck off a priest.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #41
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote
I don't see why he should be "flabbergasted". It's not like he was shown videos in high school of this now debunked theory.. as if it were fact... like I was. :rolleyes:
What shit-ass high school did he go to? Or was he home-schooled by a couple of know-nothing Jesus-junkies?

How exactly does one make a video of a scientific theory? How do you get it to stay still long enough to point a camera at it? Does taking a theory's picture trap its soul on the film?

Quote:
Xans wrote
p.s. If something like this can "flabbergast" mainstream scientists, I can't wait to see their reaction to more evidence of a world wide flood and it's effect on their precious theories.
Yeah, that'd be great. If only there were even one scrap of evidence that such a mythological event took place, then it wouldn't sound like a fairy tale you pulled out of your asshole.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #42
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
You must unlearn what you have learned.
http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=2007703290359
Xnas,
Can you please elaborate on why you posted this?

You do understand that when scientific theories are disproven, this in no way supports any "godidit" ideas?

DBS,
Excellent use of avatar and description. :bow:
"I was flabbergasted," said study co-author Ross MacPhee, curator of vertebrate zoology at the American Museum of Natural History in New York

I don't see why he should be "flabbergasted". It's not like he was shown videos in high school of this now debunked theory.. as if it were fact... like I was. :rolleyes:

It appears to be obvious to everyone but you, so let me say it again: Just because a scientific theory is disproven, or altered, due to new evidence, this in no way validates any moronic religious ideas by default.

Let me give you a simple example:
You say pi = 3 (as the good book tells you), and I say pi = 3.14.
If it is shown that my value is not completely accurate (which it obviously isn't), does this automatically mean that pi = 3?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #43
bryantee

Actually pi = 3.141 Looks like you're wrong, too, nkb.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #44
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Nuh uh! It's 3.14159265!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #45
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

I prefer lemon merangue or key lime. But that's just me.

BA-DUM-CHING!!! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote