Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #16
Egor

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Looks like your arrogance still does you proud!
Thanks. I try to keep it up.

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Is that because you have realised that the evidence is just so bad? Mormonism's evidence of the golden plates is a lot better than that of most other Christian sects, including your Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Of course they are bullshit, but their bullshit evidence is a lot better than your bullshit evidence.

How do you feel about that?
I don't care about Mormons. I don't care about historical evidence. I am a Christian based on what I read in Gospels that are currently on my bookshelf. Because it's the story that matters, not the history. No one really knows the history.

Whole Ph.D.s are gained on biblical archaeology or NT history. It's pointless. It's academic crossword puzzles.

Did Jesus really live? Who knows? Probably. That's as academic as I get.

Now when are we going to talk about the existence of God? That is what atheism is all about isn't it?

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #17
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Paperclip

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Try harmonising this problem Egor, set by Mr Barker, my fav atheist atm:
Let me guess - the old Romans that cobbled together the bullshit for their new religion hadn't quite mastered the skills of proofreading and cross-checking their made-up shit.
Am I right?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #18
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

The problems with pre-christardological Romans were many and varied. For example, they had many gods eg. Bacchus who, amongst other things, was the god of wine. Pre-christardological Romans could pray to whichever god they chose whenever they wanted and howsoever they wanted. Basically, it was a free-for-all without let or hindrance.

In addition, the pre-christardological Romans were 'Shameless' and knew how to throw a party. Saturnalia being just one example.

These things were un-christardological and therefore had to be stopped.

Besides, people enjoying themselves and praying to whichever god they wanted, whenever they wanted and however they wanted was hardly a recipe for control. And boy, did christards want to control. It's probably why the early christards were fed to the lions. They were evil fuckers who were spoil-sports and power hungry, greedy control freaks, as well as paedos. I think that the earl Romans stopped this practice too early, but that's just my opinion.

To high-jack a single Roman god was useless. Only those Romans that prayed to that particular god at that particular time could be controlled. This was highly unsatisfactory.

No, to control the populace, the many gods had to be replaced by one god. The power hungry christards could then control the populace through the one god.

christardology was invented and then, rather stupidly, was endorsed by the fuckin' Romans. From the sublime to the ridiculous in one step. Wankers.

Here endeth today's reading.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #19
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
There's no one reading this forum. You are fading away, and I'm just getting my second wind.
You're certainly a bit of a blow-hard Egor, no-one will deny that.
The purpose of atheism is to become redundant, we are achieving that quite well thank you.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #20
SEG

Quote:
Let me guess - the old Romans that cobbled together the bullshit for their new religion hadn't quite mastered the skills of proofreading and cross-checking their made-up shit.
Am I right?
Correct. The story made up by the author of Mark just got embellished. Funny how the empty tomb is so central to their resurrection bullshit, hundreds of books and articles having been written about it. Yet when you ask how everyone just forgot where it was, they claim it was nothing special.

'Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites'.
SEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #21
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Correct. The story made up by the author of Mark just got embellished. Funny how the empty tomb is so central to their resurrection bullshit, hundreds of books and articles having been written about it. Yet when you ask how everyone just forgot where it was, they claim it was nothing special.
Good word embellished.
Like how young man became angle, then two men then two angles like they're breeding. It's almost as if someone asked if it was the naked boy who ran through the trees.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:29 PM   #22
PiggyPug
New Member!

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can laugh at Veridicanism all you want. But I'm the real deal. I can defeat your arguments, you can't mount any defense. You're standard anti-religion stance is laughable to me, and you prove yourself incapable of true reason. Your atheism is a sad faith--nothing more. You know it, and so do I. Now, come back with all your vile shit, so what? There's no one reading this forum. You are fading away, and I'm just getting my second wind.

I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and while you're too uneducated to realize what a Gospel harmony is, I can tell you that there is nothing ever in the history of man that compares to it. Even when they wrote Gospel harmonies, no one ever included the Gospel of Thomas. My book--which no one reads--is a one-of-a-kind historical work.

What have you done? WHO ARE YOU!?
Why don't you just cut the shit and say "God is Great". Works with other religions! It worked for Muhammad Ali but he edited it a little bit to "I Am the Greatest!
PiggyPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #23
DyingStrong

IMPO social media, especially Facebook and Twitter have practically ruined lots of very popular forums. Also the bike ana cycling forums are very solitary. I love forums and blogs. Facebook and Twitter suck...boring. I am so fed up with those two.
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #24
DyingStrong

This forum is gonna come alive with more vitality than JFK Jr in Trump rallies... 💪👼
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:38 AM   #25
GodlessGirl
New Member!

Join Atheist Debate Discord Server https://bit.ly/AtheistChatRoom
GodlessGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:18 AM   #26
AtomJack

8 of 12 of your posts shill for the atheist discord server. Don't you agree that that is pretty close to spam?
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:05 PM   #27
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
8 of 12 of your posts shill for the atheist discord server. Don't you agree that that is pretty close to spam?
Oh, it's on-topic spam all right - but do you think she's noticed that nobody here gives a flying shit about her tedious attempts to gain traffic?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:48 AM   #28
AtomJack

Quote:
Oh, it's on-topic spam all right - but do you think she's noticed that nobody here gives a flying shit about her tedious attempts to gain traffic?
Started a fire, she did!
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote