Old 04-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #391
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
That's not a soul. Soul is air..that is the teasing deception of Evil spirits aka flatulence. A person is haunted by evil spirits, then he/she slowly open the rear gate to let them scape...SURPRISE....excreta demons appear in the flesh in the shape of s.h.i.t.
( Ship High In Transit) aka fertilizer. :)
Cal, some people think a soul is air, but you and I know that there is no soul, made of air or otherwise.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #392
Sternwallow
I Live Here

So you can apparently display black dots that are artifacts of our physical perceptions and are merely neural signals. They are definite neural signals whereas the soul is not even that. It is imaginary and without a neural justification. You moron.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #393
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
all geometrical arguments of this kind are necessarily abstract since space is not infinitely diivisible, and that means they are all fucking bollocks.
While real space is not infinitely divisible, mathematical space is. A process that could square a circle would operate in mathematical space in which a line segment does contain an infinite number of points.
that's why it is bollocks: there's no such thing as mathematical space.
Well, I guess you must be right, you state that position with such technical conviction and authority.

I guess that there is no such thing as the extent of a straight line segment between two points that are not colocated. Must be that there is no such thing as location either. Sigh. My Geometry teacher will be vexed to hear this.

I surely would not want to accept a bullocks argument on any concrete practical basis in preference to using good old reliable faith.
:D

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #394
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote
God's nature prevents him from lying.
Your god-spirit has a penis? How odd.

Quote:
Xans wrote
A philosophy is meaningless without the power to enforce it on others.
What delightful bullshit. The most powerful philosophy is one that compels adherence without any enforcement at all.

Quote:
Xans wrote
A good husband or wife doesn't lock their spouse in the house. A good husband or wife gives their spouse a key.
You don't need a key to get out of the house.

Quote:
Xans wrote
The only thing God hates is the evil that humans do.
Sure. And "A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, / An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, / A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren" (Proverbs 6:17-19). Oh, and Esau. Your god hated Esau; I don't know what he did, but your god-spirit had a raging hard-on for him.

Quote:
Xans wrote
I would choose to worship a God who knows hurt over one that doesn't.
You'd also choose to worship a god-spirit that doesn't exist over admitting that there's no reason to believe that any god-spirits exist at all. So forgive me if I don't find your "reasoning" compelling.

Quote:
Xans wrote
Assuming the Bible is true, name a being ultimately mightyer then God.
Why assume such a faulty premise in the first place?

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Find me someone who has never suffered and I'll show you a shallow soul indeed.
You can show us a soul?
I can show you the person that goes along with it.
"See this box? No, it's not empty: there's a magical invisible pixie in it."

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:55 AM   #395
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
1John.4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

There are 610 instances of love in the Bible and the majority of them pertain to human love for God and only a scant few specifically refer to God's general love for any of us. Dummy.
God is love but he also hates.
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 AM   #396
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #397
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
I can choose to sit on your chair anyways because I trust you know what you're offering me and you wouldn't hurt me. It's your chair, you're going to know a lot more about it then I.
Nice attempt to squirm out of it. You cannot trust the chair to support you. You can certainly sit in it for some reason, but you cannot trust it when you can see that it is broken.
To trust what you think you see is a choice.
Quote:
Similarly, I cannot force myself to trust a God who is fallible and unjust by His own stated rules of justice.
You cannot because you've made a choice what to believe in.
Quote:
Quote:
Jesus didn't die on the cross to satisfy your sense of justice, he did to satisfy God's.
It is not my sense of justice that is violated here, but God's own.
In what way?
Quote:
Quote:
Assuming the Bible is true, name a being ultimately mightier then[sic] God.
The typical Christian God who, unlike yours, is supposedly omni-capable, as specified in the Bible, is mightier than yours.
An omni-capable God isn't specified in the Bible. An omni-capable God is illogical and thus cannot exist. Assuming the Bible is true, name a being that actually can exist that would be mightier then God.
Quote:
More to the immediate points, based on your low opinion of your God, nearly any human is mightier in many ways than yours by not having some of His limitations.
The might generated by an ability to lie is nearly inconsequential compared to God. We can lie, but God can read our minds.
Quote:
Quote:
Atrocity leads to death, and the dead cannot disagree with you. This is not my opinion, it's inescapable.
Did you just say that "right" is defined by the inability of the dead victim to argue?
I sure did. If everyone that calls you wrong is dead, you're unarguably right. I'm not saying I like this fact, but it's still a fact.
Quote:
Quote:
What do you claim God desires I suffer in particular? And what makes you the judge of what is a valid payment of any debt? Assuming the Bible is true, how isn't God the judge of that?
God, throughout the bible, states that suffering (blood atonement) is the payment required to satisfy justice from transgressions. God, therefore desires that someone other than you should suffer for your sins. It is the clear reason for the cricifixion, perfect Christ suffers for your sins. The price is set by God and for God and is not otherwise implicit in the cost of sinning.
I need to adjust my terrestrial example to be more accurate:
You purchase some apples in a store and you expect to pay for them by pounding MY thumb five times with a hammer.
Suffering is not a just price for anything according to the Bible.
You didn't really answer my question, but ok. I'm not understanding your point.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #398
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
If you can walk, but there is no possible circumstance that could make you walk, that is identical to your lack of ability to walk.

If God would never lie (for any reason) it is the same as God being incapable of lying.
Agreed
How can you value, much less worship, such a weakling?
A being weak in this particular regard can be trusted because he cannot lie. I would rather worship a God I can trust then one I cannot. Why would you put more value in, be more likely to worship, a being who can lie?
Quote:
Quote:
And there are a great many more things God can do that humans cannot.
Irrelevant. A worthy God must not be less than his own creations in any way.
Any reason should I take your word for this?
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think you could beat God at poker, he could read your mind and see your cards.
If your God is "good" He would (could) not cheat. But I certainly can bluff, which God cannot (or will not under any circumstances).

Set up a game and I will gladly demonstrate. You moron.
Ahh I understand. Yes, you could beat God at poker. I personally would rather worship a God capable of playing an actual game of cards with me then one who cannot.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 AM   #399
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

There are 610 instances of love in the Bible and the majority of them pertain to human love for God and only a scant few specifically refer to God's general love for any of us. Dummy.
You moron, you deliberately misstate the point:
"God is jealous", "God is love", "love is not jealous" One or more of these Biblical statements is wrong. Which one(s)? Hint, it is not #3. Hint: it doesn't matter if God hates as well because hating is an action not an attribute. You moron.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 AM   #400
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
God's nature prevents him from lying.
Your god-spirit has a penis? How odd.
Indeed
Quote:
Quote:
Xans wrote
A philosophy is meaningless without the power to enforce it on others.
What delightful bullshit. The most powerful philosophy is one that compels adherence without any enforcement at all.
Compelled adherence is enforcement. To compel is to force.
Quote:
Quote:
Xans wrote
A good husband or wife doesn't lock their spouse in the house. A good husband or wife gives their spouse a key.
You don't need a key to get out of the house.
Some houses you do.
Quote:
So forgive me if I don't find your "reasoning" compelling.
You're forgiven.
Quote:
Quote:
Xans wrote
Assuming the Bible is true, name a being ultimately mightyer then God.
Why assume such a faulty premise in the first place?
Because the claim was made the God of this "faulty premise" is weak.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #401
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote

You moron, you deliberately misstate the point:
"God is jealous", "God is love", "love is not jealous" One or more of these Biblical statements is wrong. Which one(s)? Hint, it is not #3. Hint: it doesn't matter if God hates as well because hating is an action not an attribute. You moron.
The statement God is love does not mean God is only love. It means God is the source of love. If you get an overview of the Bible instead of dwelling on it's details, you get the correct attributes of God. Love is not the only attribute of God. The Bible says God is light, I can hear you saying... "how can God be light when he's love!!! Dummy". You're the dummy.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 AM   #402
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote
Quote:
Nice attempt to squirm out of it. You cannot trust the chair to support you. You can certainly sit in it for some reason, but you cannot trust it when you can see that it is broken.
To trust what you think you see is a choice.
Squirming again. Once you choose to believe that the chair is broken, you cannot trust it to support you.
A logical brain would not permit you to believe contrary to what you can see and touch and test. I challenge you to believe, even for a short time, that your left foot is missing when you can see that it is not.
Faith, belief and trust are not acts of the will and they are not, therefore, justly subject to legislation or punishment.
Quote:
Quote:
Similarly, I cannot force myself to trust a God who is fallible and unjust by His own stated rules of justice.
You cannot because you've made a choice what to believe in.
I cannot because I have a mind.
Quote:
Quote:
It is not my sense of justice that is violated here, but God's own.
In what way?
Check any court whose laws are supposedly based on Biblical teachings. The central tenets are that the guilty are punished and the innocent are protected. This is from God and yet it is violated in the strongest way possible by the suffering of the most innocent for the transgressions of all in the crucifixion.
Quote:
An omni-capable God isn't specified in the Bible. An omni-capable God is illogical and thus cannot exist. Assuming the Bible is true, name a being that actually can exist that would be mightier then[sic] God.
Of course an omni-capable God is specified in the Bible! Must I cite chapter and verse? God can do anything, can see all of time/history, knows all, is beneficial without bound.

If God is not omni-capable, the Bible gets it wrong and you are setting your own feelings in the matter above the Bible (without supporting logic since God does not exist outside of the Bible that you claim is flawed).
Quote:
Quote:
More to the immediate points, based on your low opinion of your God, nearly any human is mightier in many ways than yours by not having some of His limitations.
The might generated by an ability to lie is nearly inconsequential compared to God. We can lie, but God can read our minds.
You are dancing again. We might not be able to get away with a lie told to God, but God cannot tell one in the first place. This obvious fact is what invalidates the statements God made to A&E in the Garden. They are lies, according to the record, so they cannot be what God said. So the Bible is wrong in its own terms.
Quote:
Quote:
Did you just say that "right" is defined by the inability of the dead victim to argue?
I sure did. If everyone that calls you wrong is dead, you're unarguably right. I'm not saying I like this fact, but it's still a fact.
In addition to being a moron, you claim the right to steal as long as the victim is unaware of it and so can't complain, you think you have the right to rape as long as you murder your victim! I have no reason to trust you to dislike murder, especially if you claim it is your right to do so!

You have just dropped off the bottom of the ladder of civilized behavior and thus from being treated with any civility. In fact, you should probably be removed from any contact with society in general. Moron-bugwit-rapist.

No further explanations or dialog is rational with you, Moron-bugwit. By a single stroke, you have abdicated any pretense to rational discourse. You Moron-bugwit-rapist.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:46 AM   #403
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stern - you have the patience of I don't know what to even try and reason with this knob-head. Are you in training for some sort of special diploma - or are you just a mental masochist ?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:17 AM   #404
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote
Stern - you have the patience of I don't know what to even try and reason with this knob-head. Are you in training for some sort of special diploma - or are you just a mental masochist ?
When my self-improvement program is complete, I will, hopefully, at long last, be able to suffer fools with the real suffering that they deserve. More likely, I am just dense and obstinate.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 AM   #405
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote