Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Is our children learning yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Another brick in the wall

I lost my capacity to be outraged by this years ago. Now I just shake my head ruefully and sigh.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #3

The Koran talks about Adam and Eve, so I imagine fundamentalist Islam posits a young Earth as well. Muslims believe that Adam built the Kaaba in Mecca.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #4
Sir Sin-O-Lot

Quote:
Even as America's scientists make advances in palaeontology, astronomy and physics that appear to disprove creationism, Gallup surveys have shown that about 45 per cent of Americans believe the Earth was created by God within the past 10,000 years. It is not just creationism either. Last week NBC's Dateline current affairs programme, equivalent to the BBC's Newsnight, investigated miracles. It concluded some could be real. It is hard to imagine Jeremy Paxman taking this stance.
How disheartening.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Just Add Fire

even though paleontologists' have made key advancements in proving that the creationism theory is implausible, christians use one of the things "god" gave them, free will, they choose not to believe any of these findings and choose to cover their eyes and ears and hope that the bad men with the facts will go away
Old 05-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
joli

Quote:
Some dinosaurs survived on Noah's ark. One poster explains that Noah would have chosen juvenile dinosaurs to save space.
Sad indeed. Must be tough constantly stretching biblical stories...to accommodate scientific discovery... they even found a place for the Jesus Horses.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
devil almighty

noah is the supershipwright of his generation, a hammer and an adze and all that travelling in just a few days, wot a guy!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Sick...totally sick! Ghoulslime is too dismayed to even offer a vulgar comment.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #9

Everytime I visit home from college, I drive past a partial reconstruction of Noah's Ark. It's in Frostburg, Maryland.