Old 05-30-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
John316

-Because of Christ: I was a sinner doomed for eternal punishment, but now am given a chance to dwell in his presence of eternal joy! How can i keep this fact quiet and watch many who not knowingly or willingly are being sentenced to destruction? True cold fact is: Repent of your sin or face consequences. Remember God is a just judge; he will make sure fair justice is served. If you break the law and convicted you are punished even in the natural world right? However because of Christ there is forgiveness while we are still on earth. He will forgive our sins, our past, our behaviors and characteristics, our flaws and will direct our path. If we are willing, he is willing. If we allow, he will reshape, reform, remold us into our true selves away from all the garbage we have been fead while growing up on earth. And best of all he does most of the work for us, all we have to do is sincerely accept in our hearts that he does exist and confess with our mouth. Then our eyes will finally see. "Once i was blind, now i can see". Jesus said those who hang on to their lives and do as they please will lose it, and those who lose their lives and do what pleases God will find it. Best of all pleasing God also justifies and glorifies us! God said, worker deserves his wages. Meaning as we put in work, he also does his part and blesses us even more. Our life prospers, and we then truly live life more abundantly just as Christ said he would make it like. Further more as our work is complete on earth, we then go on to dwell in heaven eternally. Picture this, if the roads or the paths where angels walk on in heaven is made of gold and precious stones, then how the rest would be/look like! That’s just the place itself, and how about not worrying about late payments, carps and calories, headache and cancer? All this and more is promised to all of us, only if we believe and accept. I am only here temporary to share this with you and to let you all know that its reality. Remember there is a difference of sincerely believing in something like 'no god' and being sincerely wrong! Just because you think there is no god, that does not make it a fact or truth. I personally know that i myself, my complex human body and my inner self were not created after millions and billion years of dust and rock or whatever, but just as when i look at a building/sky scraper i know there has to be a creator, it didn’t just take its shape out of nothing!? Further more the Holy Spirit that lives in me is a solid deposit/proof from God of His existence and again He promised it to all of us, those who believe and become saved. And when times comes for those who still don’t accept, please remember you wont have any excuse to make, its been said and talk about many times of existence of God, Jesus Christ.

"...Those who seek (not just look) will find..."
Old 05-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Another brick in the wall

Quote:
John316 wrote
Picture this, if the roads or the paths where angels walk on in heaven is made of gold and precious stones, then how the rest would be/look like! That’s just the place itself, and how about not worrying about late payments, carps and calories, headache and cancer? All this and more is promised to all of us, only if we believe and accept. I am only here temporary to share this with you and to let you all know that its reality. Remember there is a difference of sincerely believing in something like 'no god' and being sincerely wrong! Just because you think there is no god, that does not make it a fact or truth. I personally know that i myself, my complex human body and my inner self were not created after millions and billion years of dust and rock or whatever, but just as when i look at a building/sky scraper i know there has to be a creator, it didn’t just take its shape out of nothing!?
When a people die, their brains cease to function. Without a brain, it is impossible to see, hear, think, or feel anything. Does my soul have a central nervous system? If not, I find it hard to believe how I would be able to experience anything, pleasant or unpleasant, after I'm dead.

Secondly, believing that god exists doesn't make it so. Thousands of years ago, the Greeks worshipped Zeus, but that didn't make Zeus real. Out of the thousands of gods people have believed in over the years, most people don't believe in any of them. How is the christian god different from the thousands of other gods you don't believe in?

Thirdly, your skyscraper analogy, has some problems. On first glance, there are similarities between living things and man-made things: complexity, order, etc. But there are differences too. For one, machines can't make more machines, only people can. Machines can't heal themselves or adapt to their environment. Machines don't die either.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
GodlessHeathen
Obsessed Member

Quote:
John316 wrote
Remember God is a just judge; he will make sure fair justice is served. If you break the law and convicted you are punished even in the natural world right?
God is a just judge, yet he condemned every single descendent of Adam for his and Eve's sin. Yeah. . .that's justice. :rolleyes:

You're also forgetting that many athiests were once subscribers to one religion or another (I was a Christian, myself. Lutheran, to be exact). So, we've heard this before, and we've rejected it.

Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. - Ambrose Bierce
GodlessHeathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:36 AM   #4
lee

Please explain how I beacame a sinner, what sin and crime have I personally committed to be meted such an atrocious penalty as eternal punishment.

oh and John... please learn to use paragraphs the next time you post.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

John 316 is on his drive-by trolling mission again. Don't expect answers, he just wants to proselytize.

Oh, and John, I have some carriage returns for sale, cheap. They're really useful for separating your statements, adding paragraphs, and avoiding the stigma that comes with posts that just run on.

Tenspace

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:16 AM   #6
Amazonis

This is an atheist forum, and therefore (seeing as most people here are smart) you will not be able to brainwash any of us into beleiving your non-sensical bullshit.

Your post is full of loopy statements but you can't just go around saying a whole heap of garbage without offering proof of its existance. You sound like a little kid trying to tell his friend that santa exists - all you are able to say to justify your cause is 'yes he does'. As many have said before me, 'beleiving in something does not make in real'.

The fact of the matter is, you can't justify your claims because it is impossible to proove something exists when it doesn't. I agree its imposible to proove god doesn't exist, but its twice as hard to proove he does. However, coming to a conclusion as precise as religous beleif is irrational, seeing as their is no reason to jump to that conclusion out of millions of others!

Even if one cannot disprove a god, one can disproove most of the text from the bible. The most major flaw in the bible is that it mentions nothing of evolution, and imples that all living things were created seperately. Today we know that this is wrong, and that all life is constantly evolving to addapt to its ever changing environment.

According to the bible humans lived alongside dinosaurs! Thats a bit strange considering dinosaur bones are millions of years older than human bones. Xtains also beleive the earth is less than sic thousand years old. Thats also a little odd, considering that their are living trees on this planet older than that! You also share 99 percent of your genes with Chimpazees.

And even if you refuse to accept proven scientific evidence on the evolution of life, you should at least be able to open your mind enouph to see xtianity is not the only religion. There are hundreds of thousands of seperate religions around the globe! However you are such a fascist that you only think one of these is the 'true path'.

If you took some time to learn about the rest of the planet, you would realize that all other religions made just as much sense as yours (not much). If you can't accept atheism, at least accept that you are not superior to anyone else. You are just another animal, like the rest of us, wether you like it or not.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 AM   #7
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Another brick in the wall wrote
Without a brain, it is impossible to see, hear, think, or feel anything.
I must disagree with you. John316 seems to be able to see, hear, and feel without a brain. :D

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:22 AM   #8
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Anyone else notice how John666 and Veritas seem to show up to spam at the same time, and then leave?

Maybe they just need to pet The Bunny.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
GaryM

Quote:
Amazonis wrote
According to the bible humans lived alongside dinosaurs!
Really? I only ask because Bill Hicks says the exact opposite in Revelations. He asks that since the Earth is so young, dinosaurs must have been around at the time of Christ, so why aren't they in the Bible? Someone then tells him that dinosaurs were never alive, but God put fossils in the ground to test peoples' faith, which leads Bill to ask if anyone else is "worried that God is fucking with us?".
Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
Biofreak

John316, that such a load of [lots of adjectives I'm not allowed to say] garbage even I can take it apart.
Quote:
John316 wrote
-Because of Christ: I was a sinner doomed for eternal punishment,
What sin did you commit? Why are you doomed for infinite punishment for a finite amount of sinning? Why is it jesus' fault?
Quote:
but now am given a chance to dwell in his presence of eternal joy!
Why should you bask in his joy thingy? Why should you have eternal joy for a finite amount of good behavior? What did you did you do to deserve even a lifetime of joy?
Quote:
How can i keep this fact quiet and watch many who not knowingly or willingly are being sentenced to destruction?
Prove it is fact. What did we do to deserve eternal punishment? Why would a "just" god punish for us when we have done nothing?
Quote:
Remember God is a just judge; he will make sure fair justice is served.
Fair justice is infinite punishment. How can infinite punishment be fair in any case? Explain please.
Quote:
However because of Christ there is forgiveness while we are still on earth. He will forgive our sins, our past, our behaviors and characteristics, our flaws and will direct our path.
Prove it. If he directs our path than we have no free will.
Quote:
If we are willing, he is willing. If we allow, he will reshape, reform, remold us into our true selves away from all the garbage we have been fead while growing up on earth.
We have to allow him to rewhatever? Than he is not omnipotent. And anyway were happy the way we are. Away from all the garbage? Are you saying my mother and father are garbage!?
Quote:
And best of all he does most of the work for us, all we have to do is sincerely accept in our hearts that he does exist and confess with our mouth.
Then we have done nothing to deserve eternal joy.

I'm bored. Maybe I'll chew out the rest of your post later. Man, I am so on today!:cool:
Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
lee

It's my theory that John316 sincerely believes that he will get extra brownie points from god for his posts here.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #12
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote
Anyone else notice how John666 and Veritas seem to show up to spam at the same time, and then leave?

Maybe they just need to pet The Bunny.
Actually, I was just thinking that the other day. I thought I was just being overly suspicious. Maybe Veritas is a mutant of some sort with a little Christian John666 protruding from his chest.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 PM   #13
Amazonis

It pisses me off that this guy comes and types up a load of shit, and then runs of so he can't hear everyone trying to tell him how ignorant it is.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #14
Tenspace
I Live Here

Oh, he's still here, waiting, watching, lurking. Once the little man in his head gets too loud, he'll post again to relieve the pressure.

Ten

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #15
Sir Sin-O-Lot

"We're all fucked. It helps to remember that."- George Carlin
That's what I think about Jesus and the afterlife. Also, for the love of Allah, please use spaces. Paragraphs are your friend.