Old 06-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #16
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
On your Knees, Screaming Blue Ants! A vision came to me from a far-off land. And a voice spake unto me saying, "I am an angel of the Load. Behold the power of your master!"
Reminds me of the lyrics to the hidden track on the Tool CD, Undertow:

"Disgustipated"
And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place
of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to
the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast
farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending
doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of
fear. And terror possesed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord,
what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These
are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see,
Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the
holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the
tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I
have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life,
they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our
brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you
Jesus.

Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
This is necessary.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #17
ocmpoma

"Jesus won't you fucking whistle something but what's past and done..."
Old 06-09-2005, 05:38 PM   #18
HMS Beagle

Quote:
deadfeelings wrote
if good exists in everyone, evil also must, bullshit or not ?

i get the feeling if it aint ,i have too much evil in me or that the good is reccesive or some shit, religeon aint the answer, what is ?
For a start, I'd say that the very fact that you posted this question means you've got plenty of Good in you-- otherwise you wouldn't worry about the Evil. Is that any help?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #19
Rev Richard Tator

I refuse to believe that if there were a “god” holding mysterious un-comprehensible powers, he would have the heart to condemn any person, good or evil, to a place known as hell for all eternity. It just seems to contradict the whole concept. Christians are blood-bath jerks who have something coming to them. But I am always willing to keep an open mind. “I would rather live my life believing in a god, and die to find out there isn’t than live my life not believing, and get there to find out that there is.” Mmm, that one did not really phase me, but food for thought for some of you who are not sure. As for me I am confident that when you die your corpse/ashes rot. One life to live, then you are done.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:51 PM   #20
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Should people be divided up as good here, and evil there?
What happened to the cat? he was killed. why was the cat killed? curiosity. is that enough of a reason to damn people from then on, over curiosity and fruit? The cat didn't know it was going to kill him!
What kind of programming do you think a person has when he lives in a perfect world, with everything given to him. without right and wrong a person can't learn a view of good and bad. why would a god not program right and wrong into humans head better if he was so serious? why didn't he do it right the first time if hes so omnipotent and all powerful .... maybe he isn't that powerful.
Are we really fundementally flawed?
I do not beleive us to be fundmentally flawed, if we were then why wouldn't a god fix that flaw? I believe we are perfected as the human race lives on.
Man is the greatest enemy of man, we torment eachother.
Then again, I think evil is an illusion, it doesnt exist, it only exist in your minds. You think im evil because i don't believe what you beleive, thats a typical viewpoint of one belief to another. so im going to "hell".
Maybe there is no evil but rather the consequences of the species developing adaptive strategies that tend to be accompanied by pain, suffereing, unhappiness, and conflicts of intrests, all part of evolving and growing up.

BTW I wrote this post debating against christians.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote