Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #706
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Tenspace

I would be happy to reveal who I am, but my persona would strangle me in my sleep through jealousy.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #707
BOF

@John A Davison

G'day and welcome .

Just one teensy point:

You claim to be a scientist,yet immediately appeal to "argument from incredulity',another form of argument from ignorance.

You argue that "it is not conceivable that it is intrinsic in the nature of matter to self assemble into a living evolving entity even once." To you perhaps but your understanding is irrelevant in forming a general principle. IE to say "I can't understand it ,or give it credence,ergo it's false" is hardly a demonstration of scientific method.

A scientist will say "X is not supported by the evidence, I cannot therefore accept it" (the existence of god is a perfect example) As it turns out,"self assembling living entities"(meaning no outside cause) are fully supported by the evidence.Isn't that exactly what evolution has demonstrated?

I concede I may have misunderstood. I'm sure a fellow atheist will correct me should this be the case.

No offence,but the term "Cathoic scientist " leaves ME a bit incredulous.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #708
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
ok, Johhny: His name is Mr. Ten S. Pace.

de-bait!

(come on, John, earn the respect, old boy....)
That is DOCTOR Pace to you!

Ten didn't spend 12 years in debate school to be called "Mr."!!!

He is a master debater.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #709
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
I am inclined to agree that God is not alive although I am certainly not convinced. One of the most significant commentaries on God was made by Frederich Nietzsche -

"Gott ist Tot."

When I went to school one cannot die before having lived. That is all that I am claiming.

I repeat my conviction that it is unthinkable that it is intrinsic in the nature of matter to self assemble even once into a living evolving creature of any sort. Actually the facts as revealed by the fossil record indicate several separate "creations." It is only at the Order level and below that we have convincing proof for reproductive continuity. I am inclined to agree with Leo Berg -

"Organisms have developed from tens of thousands of primary forms, i.e, polyphyletically."
Nomogenesis, page 406

For further documentation I recommend -

jadavison.wordpress.com

Now I anticipate a further attack on myself, Leo Berg, the greatest Russian biologist of his generation, Robert Broom, William Bateson, Otto Schindewolf, Pierre Grasse, Richard B. Goldschmidt and all my other sources, not one of whom was either an atheist or a religious fanatic.

Don't disappoint me.

I love it so!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
If it is unthinkable that it is intrinsic in the nature of matter to self assemble even once into a living evolving creature of any sort, how is it that your omniscient god came to self assemble?

Spare us the links to your pathetic blog. Present an argument for us here. I haven't eaten raw Christer meat for some time now and I drool at the thought of chewing on your scrawny bones.

P.S. Could I get a medium pizza with mushrooms?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #710
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
Tenspace, whoever that is,

My first response is why do any of you insist on being anonymous? A man who is unwilling to sign his comments with his real name is not going to get any respect from me. Got that? Write that down.
Could I get your respect, John Davison…er…John A. Davison?

I’m not sure how I will make it through this Xmas season without your validation.

Oh, and please keep Christ out of Xmas! Have a little respect for Mithra on his birthday.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #711
BOF

@ Eva

Any Aussie soldier can tell you God's real name.

It's "Hughie"

As in (shaking fist at the sky) "You BASTARD Hughie! Why'd you go and make it rain?"

Of course Jesus was named after his dad with "Hughie" beingh is middle name

Hence the expression " Jesus H Christ! "

I hope that has cleared up any confusion,finally removing the vile canard that God is English.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #712
BOF

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

Oh, and please keep Christ out of Xmas! Have a little respect for Mithra on his birthday.
Mithras? Are you sure ? I always thought it was Deus Sol Invictus, actually a meteorite from Syria,introduced to Rome by the emperor Elagabalus (also the Syrian name of the god) in the early C3rd CE.Perhaps the Syrians pinched it from Mithras,and the christians in turn pinched it from Sol Invictus?

Trivia: It's from Sol Invictus we get "the halo"

@What's-his-name,the Catholic scientist:This is an internet forum see,there are lots and lots of nujobs on thd interent,some of 'em are actually dangerous. For that reason forums tend to have the convention of anonymity.

Real names are often exchanged privately after trust has been established. There is no rule of thumb of which I'm aware,it seems to be a purely personal matter.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #713
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
Mithras? Are you sure ? I always thought it was Deus Sol Invictus, actually a meteorite from Syria,introduced to Rome by the emperor Elagabalus (also the Syrian name of the god) in the early C3rd CE.Perhaps the Syrians pinched it from Mithras,and the christians in turn pinched it from Sol Invictus?

Trivia: It's from Sol Invictus we get "the halo"

@What's-his-name,the Catholic scientist:This is an internet forum see,there are lots and lots of nujobs on thd interent,some of 'em are actually dangerous. For that reason forums tend to have the convention of anonymity.

Real names are often exchanged privately after trust has been established. There is no rule of thumb of which I'm aware,it seems to be a purely personal matter.
Mithras, Sol Invictus so many gods and just one day to celebrate!

Just try to keep the Sol Invictus. That's all I'm saying.

I'm dreaming of a Sol Invictus, just like the ones I used to know.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #714
John A. Davison

This blog is no better than Pharyngula, EvC or After The Bar Closes, just another venue for unfulfilled, monumentally ignorant, cowardly blowhards to vent their foul mouthed degenerate personas to their pathetic little heart's content. I should have known but it is always very rewarding when I discover another hate mongering gathering place for congenital, "prescribed" losers.

"Birds of a feather flock together."
Cervantes

That is not all they do together!

"A past evolution is undeniable, a present evolution undemonstrable."

jadavison.wordpress.com
Old 12-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #715
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
@ Eva

Any Aussie soldier can tell you God's real name.

It's "Hughie"

As in (shaking fist at the sky) "You BASTARD Hughie! Why'd you go and make it rain?"

Of course Jesus was named after his dad with "Hughie" beingh is middle name

Hence the expression " Jesus H Christ! "

I hope that has cleared up any confusion,finally removing the vile canard that God is English.

don't come and think that by telling me jeebus's real name i'm gonna go now and respect him, k??

unh-nooo....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #716
Eva
Super Moderator

fuck off, idiot....

buh-bye, coward!!! you just know you have no arguments. scared shitless, you go...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #717
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Respectfully request this catlicker be confined to one litter box.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #718
John A. Davison

I think you better do what most "groupthinktanks" find necessary. Banish your critics like P.Z "randomly ejaculating" Myers, Richard "blind watchmaking mountaineer" Dawkins and Wesley "boy fisheries biologist" Elsberry all do when confronted with the truth.

If anyone is interested in some real evolutionary science I recommend -

jadavison.wordpress.com
Old 12-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #719
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #720
Eva
Super Moderator

i have NOT banned you, john...

i just think you are scared, that's why you are making this lame excuses about us not being nice.....

H. L. Mencken