Who would approach him with a bridle?

14 Who dares open the doors of his mouth,
ringed about with his fearsome teeth?

15 His back has rows of shields
tightly sealed together;

16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.

17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.

18 His snorting throws out flashes of light;
his eyes are like the rays of dawn.

19 Firebrands stream from his mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.

20 Smoke pours from his nostrils
as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds.

21 His breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from his mouth.

22 Strength resides in his neck;
dismay goes before him.

23 The folds of his flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.

24 His chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.

25 When he rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before his thrashing.

26 The sword that reaches him has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.

27 Iron he treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.

28 Arrows do not make him flee;
slingstones are like chaff to him.

29 A club seems to him but a piece of straw;
he laughs at the rattling of the lance.

30 His undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.

31 He makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.

32 Behind him he leaves a glistening wake;
one would think the deep had white hair.

33 Nothing on earth is his equal—
a creature without fear.

34 He looks down on all that are haughty;
he is king over all that are proud."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...-34&version=31
Old 06-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:

dismay goes before him.
Since when did dinosaurs breathe fire, SuckerForWrongAnswers? These sound more like dragons, not dinosaurs. There are a lot of imaginary creatures in the bible. Its a pretty big leap to assume this one describes a dinosaur.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Facehammer

RRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARR!

FOOOOOOSSSSHHH! SIZZZZLLLLE!

Would you believe this appears to be the only photo of a fire-breathing dinosaur on the entire internet, according to google?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
sparhawk13

Seeker, are you real, or are you just here for our amusement?

If the sword, club, and javelin have no effect, how did St. George do it? Did he pray at it real hard? So hard that he pooped a little?
Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Godzilla -VS- King Kong

Who does the bible say will win?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
sparhawk13 wrote View Post
Seeker, are you real, or are you just here for our amusement?

If the sword, club, and javelin have no effect, how did St. George do it? Did he pray at it real hard? So hard that he pooped a little?
St. George obviously had weapons of iron... as even god cannot stand up to these:

Judges 1:19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
sparhawk13

Quote:
SeekerOfAnswers wrote View Post
Well, no. DinoGod's got that one covered. Then again, maybe a blow-gun? I've seen straw lodged in trees from tornados. St. George huffed, and he puffed...
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
Whisper

That description sounds bollocks all like any dinosaur I ever read about. I suggest 'seekerofanswers' finds me the specific dinosaur that snippet is talking about. And don't give me any of that 'fossils not yet found' bollocks, because if there aren't any fossils of it yet, how do you know this snippet is talking about a dinosaur?

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #9
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Job 41:12-34
12 "I will not fail to speak of his limbs,
his strength and his graceful form.

13 Who can strip off his outer coat?
Who would approach him with a bridle?

14 Who dares open the doors of his mouth,
ringed about with his fearsome teeth?

15 His back has rows of shields
tightly sealed together;

16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.

17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.

18 His snorting throws out flashes of light;
his eyes are like the rays of dawn.

dismay goes before him.

23 The folds of his flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.

24 His chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.

25 When he rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before his thrashing.

26 The sword that reaches him has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.

28 Arrows do not make him flee;
slingstones are like chaff to him.

29 A club seems to him but a piece of straw;
he laughs at the rattling of the lance.

30 His undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.

31 He makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.

32 Behind him he leaves a glistening wake;
one would think the deep had white hair.

33 Nothing on earth is his equal—
a creature without fear.

34 He looks down on all that are haughty;
he is king over all that are proud."

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...-34&version=31
I see you still have not gone to see a neurologist as I suggested. Hey retard the GREEKS and ancient folks found FOSSILS and believe they were the bones of LIVING ENTITIES!!!!!! That's where the Giants angels of Enoch, medusas, centaurs, Griffins, Flying horses, unicorns, chimeras, etc orignated from. There is a 4century BC GReek vase with the SKULL of a dinosaurs painted on it!. Get educated retard, God is a product of idiotic ignorant malfunctioning brains like yours. We are in the 21st Century not the 12th moron.
BTW, you are NOT a seeker of answers but a demented spouter of deluded bovine excreta. You are in the wrong forum retard.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
Irreligious
I Live Here

Ugh. What a retarded troll.

His/her boneheaded assertions do not deserve to be dignified with any kind of serious responses.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #11
SeekerOfAnswers

"I see you still have not gone to see a neurologist as I suggested. Hey retard the GREEKS and ancient folks found FOSSILS and believe they were the bones of LIVING ENTITIES!!!!!! That's where the Giants angels of Enoch, medusas, centaurs, Griffins, Flying horses, unicorns, chimeras, etc orignated from. There is a 4century BC GReek vase with the SKULL of a dinosaurs painted on it!. Get educated retard, God is a product of idiotic ignorant malfunctioning brains like yours. We are in the 21st Century not the 12th moron.
BTW, you are NOT a seeker of answers but a demented spouter of deluded bovine excreta. You are in the wrong forum retard." -calpurnpiso

GED?

What do you do for a living..? I can't imagine anything higher than warehouse work.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
SeekerOfAnswers

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Ugh. What a retarded troll.

His/her boneheaded assertions do not deserve to be dignified with any kind of serious responses.
Any Friends?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #13
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
"I see you still have not gone to see a neurologist as I suggested. Hey retard the GREEKS and ancient folks found FOSSILS and believe they were the bones of LIVING ENTITIES!!!!!! That's where the Giants angels of Enoch, medusas, centaurs, Griffins, Flying horses, unicorns, chimeras, etc orignated from. There is a 4century BC GReek vase with the SKULL of a dinosaurs painted on it!. Get educated retard, God is a product of idiotic ignorant malfunctioning brains like yours. We are in the 21st Century not the 12th moron.
BTW, you are NOT a seeker of answers but a demented spouter of deluded bovine excreta. You are in the wrong forum retard." -calpurnpiso

GED?

What do you do for a living..? I can't imagine anything higher than warehouse work.
Hmm..BTW are your parents brother and sister? because it truly shows. I know you worship zombie Jesus on your knees. I suggest to truly love him by let him inside you, you clasp his holy body between your hands, bow your head, close your eyes in respectful submission letting him enter your body through your anxious mouth. Please open wide and hold him like this:

then pray that he bless you with his river of life after he resurrects pulsating his sacred one eye head inside your supplicant devoted mouth in the middle of prayer. Ohh, there is truly a milky blessing, which you will truly love.

Here is the manifestation of Penis-Christ your Lord, 5000 years ago. I know you are a sinful despicable person that have been rejecting his blessings while worshiping the resurrected savior that your dad has been giving you since you were 9 years old. Ohhh, the piety!.

Did your dad blessed you with his river of life, the one that created you? it must have been delightful. You are truly a good son, filled with his cum. Oh with that stiff resurrected savior that has kept you company every night when you were afraid of the dark, begging for his company. Be thankful to the resurrected savior Penis-Christ for such warm visits to your anxious faux cave.

Here is the mother of the Lord giving her river of life like yours did after receiving Penis-Christ into her cave creating you. How pius and exciting. no wonder you like to receive the Lord into your body so he could bless you in two open places.
Here is Penis Christ manifestation collecting the sacred River of life that you absorb everyday in both holy cavities. Remember your body is the TEMPLE with TWO doors where the savior Penis-Christ will deposit his offering to gain the salvation you so desperately seek.

Of course he will not reveal himself in any place higher than a warehouse for in such holy place a brother and sister had communion one dark night when she received the resurrected stiff penis-Christus inside her cave of creation, conceiving you. Oh, you have been blessed as been their creation. A humble Warehouse is just like a manger.
here is your Lord and savior Penis-Christ, the one called dad that you worship by falling on your knees everynight.
I admire your devotion & faith on the libido Savior that causes you such intense pleasure. The sacred Christorgasmus. Praise be penis-Christ.
is this the position you assume to receive the Lord?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #14
Rambling Syd Rumpo

But then again, look at Wailings 23 xiv, Barsogenus 4 vi and the Book of the Gerbil 12 xi - xxv. I think these tell a different story.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #15
SeekerOfAnswers

calpurnpiso, I'll pray for you, seems like this isn't religion that you hate, but just an embittered soul looking for avenues to vent his anger, regardless to any validity of content.