Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
baconeatingatheistjew

I know Mensa doesn't measure insanity, but I thought logic comes into play on IQ tests:

Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
baconeatingatheistjew

I just left a comment on his main page:
You are quite delusional for a genius. You obviously have no real understanding for science or the scientific method.
Mensa doesn't measure psychosis or general insanity, does it?
Why not accept a young earth? Because there is no scientific data to back it up. And there is no scientific evidence to refute an ancient earth or evolution.
Why do Muslims blow themselves up? They believe their book is true too, just like early Christians believed in the myth of Jesus.

And yes, Jesus was a myth. No contemporary historical evidence backs up a historical Jesus. Many historians were alive between 1-40 AD and not one mention was made about this guy who was supposed to be have been so important.
Paul made up the Jesus myth, and it was added to using current myths and stories that existed at the time, until the NT was finally written.
You've been had, and you are living a lie.
If you are so intelligent, try to understand science better and evolution as well. Maybe you can help humanity by curing cancer.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
nkb
He who walks among the theists

I'm curious, why do you bother acknowledging his self-proclaimed membership in a club of pompous jackasses?

Take a page out of how this forum deals with myst, and his incessant proclamations of being super-smart.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
baconeatingatheistjew

I do it for the lurkers, especially on Youtube. There are many people on the fence, and many young people. By countering his nonsense, perhaps I might be making a difference.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
baconeatingatheistjew wrote
I do it for the lurkers, especially on Youtube. There are many people on the fence, and many young people. By countering his nonsense, perhaps I might be making a difference.
Good point. Of course, your fingers will be bloody stumps if you do this with every dickwad on youtube.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
Choobus
I Live Here

mensa: the club for people just smart enough to understand how unremarkable they are

"This nutball claims he is a Mensa member" is a bit like "this pervert claims he's a member of NAMBLA"

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
baconeatingatheistjew

I have a feeling Mensa Canada is a scam.
I just took this 5 question 10 minute test, and it took me 3 minutes to get them all right.
http://www.canada.mensa.org/sampletesten.htm
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
Gnosital
still unsmited

Any assclown can get into mensa. All it takes is $52 Merkin dollars and an overdeveloped ego.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
Rat Bastard

I thought the assclown had to pass the "Mensa IQ Test" (think stentorian tone, here). Then they bolt on an immense, easily bruised ego, and a supercharger on the mouth. Elbow patches for your sweaters are available at the checkstand on the way out, for a nominal charge.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #10
Mog
Obsessed Member

Unfortunately intelligence can be used negatively, to convince yourself that things that you believe to be true are true, despite the evidence that it isn't. Its probably harder to convince a smart person that he's wrong about some idea than a dumb person, in fact. There isn't a total correlation between intelligence and belief.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #11
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Mog wrote
Unfortunately intelligence can be used negatively, to convince yourself that things that you believe to be true are true, despite the evidence that it isn't. Its probably harder to convince a smart person that he's wrong about some idea than a dumb person, in fact. There isn't a total correlation between intelligence and belief.
And very intelligent people may not have the first clue about how to accomplish critical thinking.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #12
Livingstrong

Quote:
baconeatingatheistjew wrote
I know Mensa doesn't measure insanity, but I thought logic comes into play on IQ tests:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=157xEhagMn0
I left some comments there. I'm sure he won't answer me, I doubt he has the brains to have a conversation with me.

BTW.....MENSA in Spanish means FOOL, IDIOT. LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
Livingstrong

Thak you for posting this link BEAJ, I'm having some fun there! :rock:
Old 06-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #14
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
BTW.....MENSA in Spanish means FOOL, IDIOT.
Really? That's fucking priceless!

In English "Christian" means "asshole" although this usage is, I admit, all too rare.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #15
Livingstrong

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
BTW.....MENSA in Spanish means FOOL, IDIOT.
Really? That's fucking priceless!

In English "Christian" means "asshole" although this usage is, I admit, all too rare.
:lol::lol::lol:

I think "Christian" means "asshole" in all languages. LOL

PS you are adorable Choobus, you know that?.........and smart with quick and sharp responses that stimulate my brain.