Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #766
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Sopater48 wrote View Post
So why did Mr.Sternwallow tell me that "atheist morals were more binding?"

There are either atheist morals or there are not. Please decide amongst yourselves before you continue to debate.
You just pile on the stupidity, don't you?
Atheists recognize moral tenets which, like you, they do or do not live up to. The particular ones applicable to each atheist varies largely due to the differing communities the atheist resides in.

There are not atheist morals but most atheists are moral people. Get it straight.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #767
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
The answer to all of these is the same as the answer to the question, 'How does Soapy prevent shit from soiling his Barcalounger?'

Depends.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #768
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
There are not atheist morals but most atheists are moral people. Get it straight.
And we have nobody but ourselves to exhalt or blame for our moral choices. If we believe that women are inferior members of the species, we can't blame Paul of Tarsus. Nor can we blame Ham's Curse if we want to justify a belief that black people are inferior to good ol' white Christians. And if we think gay people are an abomination, we don't get to stand on the dead shoulders of the authors of Leviticus in order to avoid accepting responsibility for our own hate.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #769
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
And we have nobody but ourselves to exhalt or blame for our moral choices. If we believe that women are inferior members of the species, we can't blame Paul of Tarsus. Nor can we blame Ham's Curse if we want to justify a belief that black people are inferior to good ol' white Christians. And if we think gay people are an abomination, we don't get to stand on the dead shoulders of the authors of Leviticus in order to avoid accepting responsibility for our own hate.
Right. We can, however, blame all of those Biblical sources when people accuse us of immorality.

P.S. I think it was Saul of Tarsus who became Peter since Paul never met Jesus and so was not given a new name by Him. I am perfectly willing to blame Paul for all of that crap about how awful women are.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #770
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
soapeater wrote
Do you think the following are wrong?

Lying?

Stealing?

violence?

Adultery?
If I said you seem to be an honest, interesting, well meaning person - I'd by lying. So I won't.

I understand that you stole the potential for someone else to have a good quality life from the embryo you invaded in the womb.

If you volunteered to do 10 rounds with Ricky Hatton - I'd cheer for Hatton and wouldn't get too upset as he pounded your face to a bloodied pulp.

I very much doubt your dad was married to the skanky whore he knocked up on that drunken night in Salford - but who am I to judge how your family conducts its business.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #771
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Let's try and home in on some agreed morals.

Lying?

Stealing?

violence?

Adultery?
Yes, you missed the capital V.

What's the fucking point Soapy? If I don't lie or steal, am non-violent, & only fuck one adult at a time; are you saying I might as well be a christian?

Quote:
Please.
Sorry, you get a nod for trying to be a good boy, but you can shove that snide bible shite up your arse.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #772
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Sopater48 wrote

"Let's try and home in on some agreed morals.
Lying?
Stealing?
violence?
Adultery? "

First you must keep in mind the following TRUTH. We are all born atheist, lacking belief, filled with bacteria that would be our TRUE life after death. The Brain is the creator of the God Delusions when it accept it as reality it is sign of a malfunction.

Remember theotard this FACT can be PROVEN in a neurology lab.

You must realize Christophrenia sees the following as essential morals to attain their Life after Death Salvation:

Hypocrisy
Pedophilia
Sadomasochism
Ethnic cleansing
Lying
Stealing
violence
Adultery
Wife beating
Children mental abuse...

Don't forget theotard, there is no morality in Christianity, it has been proven with the mental illness long record. Make a note of it.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #773
Sopater48

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
...and wouldn't get too upset as he pounded your face to a bloodied pulp.

Your own words are enough.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #774
Sopater48

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post

From your posts it is clear you don't understand Christianity. So why do you continue to condemn something you don't understand?

I spent many years NOT believing in God, so I do understand atheism.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #775
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I don't know everything about black holes. But I am hedging my bets falling into one is a bit of a pisser.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #776
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I spent many years NOT believing in God,...
...then you lost your fucking mind. What was it, alcohol, heroine, crack? What was it that caused you to lose your grip and plunge into headlong into insanity/superstition/religion?

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #777
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
What was it that caused you to lose your grip and plunge into headlong into insanity/superstition/religion?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #778
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
I spent many years NOT believing in God, so I do understand atheism.
Then you were doing your "NOT believing in God" all wrong, because you have already demonstrated that you don't understand jack-shit about atheism.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #779
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

sopater48 wrote:

"From your posts it is clear you don't understand Christianity. So why do you continue to condemn something you don't understand?"

...Don't you believe a zombie name Jesus was "crucified" then resurrected to save with his blood the sin committed by a mud-man & rib-woman when they accepted forbidden an amanita muscaria mushroom ( apple) from a talking snake?
I you are infected with Christophrenia you MUST believe this is true. This deluded belief is not unlike those of SCHIZOPHRENICS who also accept imaginary friend ( angels, aliens, talking rocks, demons etc ) as reality.

Don't forget theotard ALL of those delusions are CREATED in the brain. Neurology clearly PROVES it. Don't believe me retard? Please submit to a brain operation & you'll see it is true. If you believe in God you are a retard, so please make a note of this fact.

You were product of a FUCK..yes moron, a FUCK...perhaps from a brother that fucked his sister the product being a person with a defective brain unable to tell fact from fiction. I truly feel sorry for your neurological handicap, but see neurologist for they can take care of that.

Don't forget 2+2=4 not 6 as you insist....god is a product of a defective brain. Get well soon.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #780
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Then you were doing your "NOT believing in God" all wrong, because you have already demonstrated that you don't understand jack-shit about atheism.
This slippery hypochrist also understands jack-shit about the religion he claims to believe in.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote