Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #16
Eva
Super Moderator

i'm a higher ranked helper than you. i moved up from that position ages ago...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #17
Stargazer

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
i'm a higher ranked helper than you. i moved up from that position ages ago...
Yes, and you're setting a great example with that cookie baking for all of us. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
Eva
Super Moderator

why, thank you, star! i'll say something nice about you to the "boss"...
:;wink wink::

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
PollyP

No no, you all. This is really really funny. I was taking to a group of people before, explaining to them the plan of salvation and what all God has instored for their lives, and you know what they told me? They told me they didnt need God, that god wasnt real, and that they basically controlled their own lives. They had all the answers and God was dumb. Now that's real funny, cause here they are on God's green earth, calling him dumb and false. It's real funny cause oneday they're gonna die, and they're gonna have to answer for what they've said. And it's real funny because as much as they think God does not exist, they cant even control their own death. They have faith in something that doesnt mean crap. They hope by acting tough and being disrespectful that that somehow proves their belief. They cant stand the truth, and that to me, is hilarious. Or more like sad.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
PollyP

No no, I shouldnt laugh at that.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #21
Rocketman the Sequel

Why shouldn't you laugh Polyp? If you find it funny laugh.

We don't find you funny at all--or sad--

You are just annoyingly deluded and need some medication.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
No no, you all. This is really really funny. I was taking to a group of people before, explaining to them the plan of salvation and what all God has instored for their lives, and you know what they told me? They told me they didnt need God, that god wasnt real, and that they basically controlled their own lives. They had all the answers and God was dumb. Now that's real funny, cause here they are on God's green earth, calling him dumb and false. It's real funny cause oneday they're gonna die, and they're gonna have to answer for what they've said. And it's real funny because as much as they think God does not exist, they cant even control their own death. They have faith in something that doesnt mean crap. They hope by acting tough and being disrespectful that that somehow proves their belief. They cant stand the truth, and that to me, is hilarious. Or more like sad.
Sex for my soul. My offer stands. Unless you hate Jesus, you'll accept.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #23
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Sex for my soul. My offer stands. Unless you hate Jesus, you'll accept.
Is this offer open to all takers, prof?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
Professor Chaos

Old 11-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #25
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Prof wrote:

"Sex for my soul"

Sex for the air in my lungs (soul)? Breathing exercises upon penis Christ or the Cave of Creation? Blowing exhaling, Blowing exhaling, Blowing exhaling...Inhaling is receiving the Spirit and exhaling is giving the Spirit. Evil spirits are given or rejected through the Gates of Hell ( anal sphincter) refered today as flatulence.

I suspect this is where the word Blow ( spirit expulsion) Job originated from. The worship of Penis Christ in Caves in ancient times.

AHH, the piety and devotion....,

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #26
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
I probably shouldn't bother you at all, PollyP. But since you're here, actin' a fool on an atheist Website, I figure, what the hell?

Does it occur to you that you don't sound any more sensible than all the other theists who believe in a god that is not your own? In some other variation, a Muslim could rant the same things at you or, perhaps, more specifically, one might assert that, as a woman, your refusal to wear a burka in public exposes you to God's wrath? Does that threat mean anything to you? I suspect it doesn't. And I'll further guess that is because you simply don't believe it. No god you know about ever told you such thing, right? And you couldn't care less that such a thing might be alluded to in the Qu'ran, which is just another moldy old book to you, right?

Well, it works pretty similarly here. You are stating things for which you have presented no evidence outside of your interpretation of an ancient collection of mystic writings and whatever else is going on in your own head.

Unless you are God or Jesus or you can produce either in the flesh, all you're doing here is preaching, like the Muslim who says you should wear a burka or you'll make God angry. Well, this ain't church or a mosque where you have the captive attention of a believing audience.

I am politely suggesting that you offer a proposition of some kind and back it up with something concrete other than idle threats. What you're doing here now is the equivalent of masturbating in a public forum, and there are other places on the Internet for that kind of behavior.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-16-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: n't
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #27
Professor Chaos

PollyP is not real.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #28
Rocketman the Sequel

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
You know the more I read of your shit--the more I wish I had just called you fucking cunt right from the start---lets face it you twit--if you just fucked off and left the site--no one would be trying to cram anything down your throat--(well maybe PC would)--but nooooo you have to come here to our place and start spewing your fucking crap all over the place--do you have any idea how offensive you are actually being by doing that?

Incredibly offensive--unbelievably offensive. Painfully offensive.

Here's a funny thought you fistula--trying to cram something like your pale pathetic understanding of scripture down people's throats pre-supposes you actually have something to whip out. But you don't.--and as a matter of fact I'm betting just rubbing up against it will result in a fainting spell and numerous acts of contrition. Kindly take your asorry ass back to some fucked up "jesus loves me --but with no bad touches" site and discuss whether your clothes are coming with you on the rapture all you want-but maybe a site by and for atheists is a place you should fucking avoid.

Question: Do you actually think you are doing any good here? And if you do is it because of any genuine concern for anyone else other than yourself and the command from your sky master to make yourself feel peachy?

You are so fucked up you have no idea how fucked up you actually are--
Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #29
Stargazer

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
Hon, you are way too brainwashed. I would ask you to provide some proof or evidence of any of those wild claims you make above, if you plan to spout them on an atheist forum, because we're not going to believe a word you say without that.

And, I will repeat, atheists are characterized by LACK of belief in god. Atheists are not proving their belief in no god, they just lack belief in god or gods.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #30
Irreligious
I Live Here

Oops. I committed the could care less sin. Quick! I need a penance.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote