Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
Choobus
I Live Here

This post is for chooblogers only. Others, please fuck off.

I have been very busy lately doing actual science (the details of which I will be happy to share with anyone who wants to know) and have not updated the chooblog. I am thinking of two topics for an awesome update, and wondered if anyone had a preference: these are the things I'm considering.

1) Recent cases of fraud in science, as a stark reminder that even the nobility of science can be religionised [i.e., made worthless] by personal greed and selfishness.

2) A rant on the inanity of religion as a specific defence against rational deconstruction: "a pot of shit so vile that calling it manure embiggens its cromulousness to a misleading degree".

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Eva
Super Moderator

both

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

1) & 2) will do nicely for starters.

3) Have you had a full-bore rant on morality yet? - why religifuckwits consider themselves worthy of offering any opinion on social conduct based on their goat-shagging manuscripts?

4) Likewise a tirade against the toss-pots who claim power & privilege in government just because great-great-great gran'pa was caught fornicating with a rancid camel in the land of the great unwashed?

ooo - I feel better already.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
ubs
I Live Here

If I had to choose, I would choose #1

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #5
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Do number one -- and please be sure to take a steaming piss on the Merkin Monkey Administration's faith-based atrocities vis a vis science and scientists.

And don't make us wait 6 months for the steaming pile of number two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
Choobus
I Live Here

Phil, that's an entirely different topic. I know, It's just one more season, but it's a whole nother year.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Nuther topic? You mean the scientists who sell out for political and/or economic reasons at the top of the gov't shitheap are entirely different from cases of fraud driven by personal greed and selfishness?

Or you mean something else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
Choobus
I Live Here

I see your point

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #9
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Maybe 'faith-based' was a tad confusing, since that is indeed a different frigging atrocity. I use 'faith-based' to describe just about all Monkey Boy policy-makin,' cuz it sure ain't based on anything recognizably rational.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
Choobus
I Live Here

There is (or was) a serious attempt by Bush wankologists to refer to "reality based" thinking (i.e., that is was old fashioned). It sounds like a joke but they were perfectly serious (see for example "the republican war on science" by James Moody for the hard to stomach details).

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-08-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Monkey Boy's aide, after saying that the interviewing reporter (unlike the populous of Planet Bush), lives ''in what we call the reality-based community'' :

Quote:
''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/ma...e162076ei=5090

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
Wakkun

Excellent article, Mr Studge. It's just as relevant today as it was when it was written, 3 years ago. How did this simian ever get to be president?

It's kind of by the bypass, but I quite liked this little line, well the second part anyway: "Faith heals the heart and the spirit, but it doesn't do much for analytical skills". You don't even have to leave this forum to see that one in action.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #13
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
Quote:
''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.''
I think Bush will remain a puzzle for all time - like Marie Antoinette. Was she an idiot or a smart ass?
Is he really that stupid and if so how is he able to move his arms and legs?

How many more days of His Nibs do we have left?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Choobus
I Live Here

It's true, Bush is too surreal for normal analysis. IT's telling though that he now takes th eposition tha history will be his judge. That is, he needs another layer of obfuscation before anyone could possible think him anything other than a pure bred cunt.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #15
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
This post is for chooblogers only. Others, please fuck off.

I have been very busy lately doing actual science (the details of which I will be happy to share with anyone who wants to know)
You could blog it.