Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #436
AtomJack

Now that there is some funny stuff. I don't watch television, I'm more of a mouse potato, so I hadn't seen that commercial.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #437
dstallma

Just as a note, I have a niece named Amanda T'Pring and a nephew named James Tiberius. My sister encompassed everything Star Trek. Me I love most things Science Fiction.

When in doubt, C4. Jamie Hyneman
Number of Atheists JJ has converted counter: 0
dstallma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #438
AtomJack

I have many shelves of SciFi books, everything from Asimov to Zelazny. I particularly miss Zelazny since his death. A real star in the heavens.

My eldest son and his wife exchanged vows at a beach and gave each other rings that look like something from Lord of the Rings, and had references to "the Force" in their vows. Makes as much sense as anything else, I guess. Neither are religious; I think they just felt like saying some of that solemnized it more. Their wedding was officiated by non-clergy; I think she was a Wiccan, but I'm not sure.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:29 AM   #439
Michael
Obsessed Member

So I recently found out that Matt Dillahunty is doing a tour in Australia soon, so I went and looked up the details, and when I found out that AaronRa and Seth Andrews were joining him AND they were going to be doing a show about an hour and a half drive from me AND that show was going to be happening on my birthday, it was a no brainer what I was going to be doing.

So, yeah. March 18th, I'll be celebrating my birthday by hanging out in my old hometown and seeing some of the people who played a very large part in making me the kind of person I am today.

Super psyched.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #440
Davin
Obsessed Member

Sounds fun, I like those guys. I hope you have an awesome birthday.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #441
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It needs Tim Minchin as Master of Ceremonies & half-time entertainment - that would liven things up somewhat.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:44 AM   #442
Michael
Obsessed Member

So, I got home from work and my house has been completly ransaked, all my production equipment, computers, electronics...gone. $10k at least.

So, I would just like to take this oppotunity to say fuck you, you little cunts, to whoever it was.

(thatnkfully I take my ipad to work with me, there's one small mercy)

- selliedjoup
Old 03-26-2015, 03:16 AM   #443
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Cunts indeed. Insurance?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 AM   #444
Michael
Obsessed Member

I tnk so. I got insurance when I moved in because the realtors running the rent told me I wouldn't be covered under theirs. I need to call tomorrow and check how I am covered, I'm paranoid something will go wrong though.

- selliedjoup
Old 03-26-2015, 06:30 AM   #445
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Bummer! Hope it turns out well.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 AM   #446
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
So, I got home from work and my house has been completly ransaked, all my production equipment, computers, electronics...gone. $10k at least.

So, I would just like to take this oppotunity to say fuck you, you little cunts, to whoever it was.

(thatnkfully I take my ipad to work with me, there's one small mercy)
Motherfuckers!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #447
Michael
Obsessed Member

So, after a bit of review seeing what they did and didn't take, It looks like the final real figure is around the $6k-$7k worth of goods stolen.
The thing I'm most pissed off about is the Macbook - it had all my work on it, and one of the cheaper cameras had some personal photos. Everything else can be replaced, but that stuff is gone.

- selliedjoup
Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 AM   #448
Davin
Obsessed Member

That sucks. I only back my stuff up once every few months. So if I got hit at the most inconvenient time, I could lose two months of work and personal stuff. I keep a copy of my important directories on my web server and also in an external HD. There are some services that will auto backup things for you, but I haven't tried them.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #449
dogpet
Obsessed Member

That's a bummer Michael, more proof we can't rely on prayer.

This week I've been setting up all the computers at work for offline backup. We were paying some company to do it, then when we had a small catastrophe, the cunts failed to restore anything useful, & still doubled their fees in 2 years!
Done it myself now so I know it's safe. Free program called EasUS Todo if anyone's interested.

EDIT: It's auto Davin.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #450
Michael
Obsessed Member

I usually back up projects when they are finished (depending on the size of the project). So I have most of my finished works, but almost everything "in progress" is gone.

- selliedjoup