Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #316
Francis

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Before the Jefferson Christard fucks off again, did we ever get a straight answer to "is theism a religion"? ...... and did he impart wisdom on how he "senses a creator"? - or is he still hiding behind his dislike of naughty words and poo-poo jokes.
First of all, I was the one asking the questions. For your apparently missing memory, I listed behaviors of religion and challenged atheists to come up with their own list, which included traditional religions and excluded atheists. Result? No list, from anyone. Still, atheists here are aghast that I would declare myself as having prevailed in this challenge.

Secondly, I DID state how I sense a creator. It occurs in the process of absorbing and making sense of the things that are not susceptible to traditional evidence, i.e. beauty, love, courage, honor, etc.

Thirdly, I was unable to come to a conclusion about this theism religion question. I demand the right not to know that which I do not know.

Fourthly, I long ago decided I wanted to compete with accomplished people of quality and not with those obsessed with their own bowel movements
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #317
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

So, Francis tries to redefine words, nobody buys his bullshit, folks take the piss, therefore Francis wins. Brilliant!

Some things give Francis a warm, tingly-wingly tum - therefore god. Stunning!

Francis can't decide if theism is a religion - but he's sure atheism is. Astounding!

I reckon Francis has spent plenty of time observing his bowel movements - it's informed & inspired his writing no end.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #318
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Before the Jefferson Christard fucks off again, did we ever get a straight answer to "is theism a religion"? ...... and did he impart wisdom on how he "senses a creator"? - or is he still hiding behind his dislike of naughty words and poo-poo jokes.
No, the answer we got from Francis the anencephalic, is that it doesn't know whether it thinks theism is a religion or not. What a sad thing to not know what one thinks. I can't imagine how mentally challenged Francis must be to not be able to answer such a simple question.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #319
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
So, Francis tries to redefine words, nobody buys his bullshit, folks take the piss, therefore Francis wins. Brilliant!

Francis can't decide if theism is a religion - but he's sure atheism is. Astounding!

I reckon Francis has spent plenty of time observing his bowel movements - it's informed & inspired his writing no end.
In a nutshell.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #320
Davin
Obsessed Member

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #321
Francis

A sad lot you fellows.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #322
Davin
Obsessed Member

Aw, now the intellectually challenged Francis has gone and called people here a "sad lot." My oh my, how ever are we to live with ourselves when some demonstrated internet idiot thinks of us as a sad lot? Oh, right... I think the answer lies in the question.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #323
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #324
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
A sad lot you fellows.

Any observer can see that you are a confused fellow. No need to further illustrate that.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:25 AM   #325
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:

Francis' pitiful life is little more than a bowel movement.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #326
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Still, atheists here are aghast that I would declare myself as having prevailed in this challenge.
Well rant on. Probably felt good. But scientists and engineers have known for many years that you don't find reality by feelings of superiority or chills up the spine. You find them by testing, and by accepting the results of the test, whether it agrees with your philosophy or not.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #327
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Fourthly, I long ago decided I wanted to compete with accomplished people of quality
And here you are......

Old 01-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #328
Davin
Obsessed Member

Francis has confused "aghast" when describing our reaction to its declaration of victory, with "pity and laughter."

Old 01-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #329
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
One of the ways you can tell that I won this one, and that I am confident of that, is the fact that I don't need to post emoticons or pictures. Words are enough.
Your comment is an example of someone hoping that spin will overcome reality.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #330
Francis

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Your comment is an example of someone hoping that spin will overcome reality.
While I appreciate being quoted, I do not see how this quote supports the position you want to assert.

When I used this quote, it was relative to the atheists loud pronouncements that "He was defeated. He admitted he was beaten. He lost big". This was an attempt to redefine the actual circumstances. I gave a behavioral list that, to me, described religion. I asked atheists here to make their own list, if they could, which would include traditional religions and would leave atheists out.

When no list was forthcoming in what, 30 posts, I stated I prevailed. Profoundly uncomfortable that they could not refute this simple analysis, they and you began this pr effort to claim your own victory, when you hadn't even been in the game.