Old 07-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #31
MrsMoe

I read the link...
http://www.bibleforums.org/forum/sho...6&page=1&pp=15

If you notice a pattern here, most in that thread have the impression that atheists are an intelligent group and can only be reasoned with sceintific facts and data instead of going with the faith angle. If you catch my drift, you will see the obvious conclusion that I can only come to in reading that thread. They want atheists to explain scientific matters, such as eternity, time, DNA, the construction of the human body, and so on.

Nearly everyone in tha thread is a retard dullard, and they know it in the back of thier minds, but are too stupid to see it or too stupid to educate themselves.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #32
Nicole

Quote:
MrsMoe wrote
Here are some more of my favorites;

Quote:
I'd like to here some peoples favortie arguement against atheism. I find alot of my peers have questions about God, and it is good to be able to stomp out athiesm from every angle.
Yes, it's different from you so stomp on it....and lets not bother learning to spell either.

Quote:
So once you have honestly and properly dismissed their fraudulent science you can preach the gospel to them.
Is that in the handbook somewhere....seriously, this guy is out of control....

I took a look at a couple of threads and it seems that the majority of the posts seem to be concerned with paranoia about the godless heathens that are trying to force them to change their beliefs. With the exception of Slime, I'm pretty sure most atheists have never shown up at a church with science books and tried to convert them so I can't imagine why they would be so paranoid.....oh, maybe it's those annoying people that answer the doors when they go clomping about on Sunday mornings trying to preach the gospel.

I'm certainly glad that I actually know intelligent religious people (Cal, take a deep breath) so that the people on that site don't make up my entire view.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:33 AM   #33
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Nicole wrote
With the exception of Slime, I'm pretty sure most atheists have never shown up at a church with science books and tried to convert them so I can't imagine why they would be so paranoid.....oh, maybe it's those annoying people that answer the doors when they go clomping about on Sunday mornings trying to preach the gospel.
The last time my buddy the Jehovah showed up at my door, he brought his son with him, who started spewing standard creationist crap about evolution, cosmology, etc. I picked his arguments apart, and suggested he learn more about science, if for no other reason than to Know Thine Enemy.

His dad let me give the kid the names of a couple of books. I recommended Michio Kaku, Brian Greene, and Matt Ridley.

They haven't been back since. Guess my proselytizing had an effect. :)

Tenspace

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 AM   #34
Heather

It's not a Christian joke site. I say we all join up and post questions in the Christians Answer forum. Make them nice though - they tend to think anyone that's the slightest bit stubborn and doesn't convert immediately must be attacking their faith.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #35
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

When those poor Christ-psychotic folks knock at my door to tell me about their mental illness induced delusion, I usually say: Oh, you poor Dear, how long have you been infected with HINV ( Human Immunodeficiency neurological Virus)? Since it is USELESS to discuss science with those mentally disturbed folks, I usually suggest they seek true salvation by visiting a neurologist, who could give them an MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imagery) and test their brains. One must remember that those folks are so delusional that if they knock at the door at noon and I explain to them it is day time, they still will not believe it!. Their mental illness makes them unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality. It is as discussing science with the schizophrenia sufferer....I'll be wasting my time...sad. :)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:39 PM   #36
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Heather wrote
It's not a Christian joke site. I say we all join up and post questions in the Christians Answer forum. Make them nice though - they tend to think anyone that's the slightest bit stubborn and doesn't convert immediately must be attacking their faith.
Are YOU attacking MY faith? :/

I want to know immediately! :mad:

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:41 AM   #37
Nicole

Quote:
Heather wrote
Posting questions for these people would be a bit like a dog chasing its' own tail.....nothing would ever be accomplished. They are so firmly entrenched in their own doctrine that they can't acknowledge anything else as it would invalidate their whole exsistance.

As for posting nicely; they're slamming each other on this site....if you're not religious enough for some of them, they come after you. Some poor guy agreed to disagree with an atheist and got his balls handed to him.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #38
Ickybod

HAHA! This thread was so funny I had to join up! I always thought being an atheist was pointless but now I understand our reason for living. It's so we can get a kick out of all the lunacy coming from the Christ-psychotics.

Hmm... perhaps we shouldn't be stomping out Christianity then. We should be feeding it so it can live, otherwise we have nothing. But hey, if Christians can keep self-deluding themselves to have a reason for living, why can't we? :lol:
Old 07-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #39
MrsMoe

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
When those poor Christ-psychotic folks knock at my door to tell me about their mental illness induced delusion, I usually say: Oh, you poor Dear, how long have you been infected with HINV ( Human Immunodeficiency neurological Virus)? Since it is USELESS to discuss science with those mentally disturbed folks, I usually suggest they seek true salvation by visiting a neurologist, who could give them an MRI ( Magnetic Resonance Imagery) and test their brains. One must remember that those folks are so delusional that if they knock at the door at noon and I explain to them it is day time, they still will not believe it!. Their mental illness makes them unable to distinguish between fantasy and reality. It is as discussing science with the schizophrenia sufferer....I'll be wasting my time...sad. :)
HA!!! :lol:
Old 06-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #40
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I am soliciting suggestions for my reply to Mrs Rosemary.

Quote:
From Mrs Makoun Rosemary.

I am Mrs Makoun Rosemary, from Netherlands a widow to late frank dennis i am 55 years old, i am a new Christian convert, suffering from long time cancer of the breast, from all indication my conditions is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that i woudin, t live more than three months, according to my doctors, and in all indication regards to medical analysis, this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad stage that no hope for me to be a living person again,

my late husband killed during the France raid against terrorism in ivory coast, and during the period of our marriage we could not produce any child my late husband was very wealthy and after his death, i inherited all his business and wealth. the doctors has advised me that i may not live for more than four months, so i now decided to divide the part of this wealth, to contribute to the development of the church in America, Africa, Asia and Europe especially create solution to problem of less privileged ones and orphanage homes.

i selected you after visiting the website i prayed and fast for three weeks over it, i am willing to donate the sum of $3 million dollars, to the less privileged. Please i want you to note that fund is lying in a bank in Ivory Coast and upon my instruction, will file in an application for the transfer of the money in your name.

lastly, I honestly pray that this money when transferred will be used for the said purpose even though im late then, because i have come to find out that wealth acquisition without Christ is vanity and i made the promise to god that the fund will be use to build his temple. May the grace of our lord Jesus the love of god and the fellowship of god be with you and your family i am wait urgent reply from you.

God bless you.
Mrs Makoun Rosemary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #41
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

And another one...

Quote:
Morning everyone,
I received this e-mail from an old friend, but saw several people listed that I did not know, so let me share with you for about a wonderful experience, that I was able to be a part of a few years back. My name is Rene Rhodes, and I was blessed to be one of thousands of people across this country that was called to respond to the Katrina disaster, 5 yrs ago. This oil leak brings to mind the same feelings I had back then, I remember going into the City with buddies to get people off of their roofs, and the overwhelming feeling of trying to save the people, and to witness first hand the destruction of the City, and the people of New Orleans. I knew nothing would be the same...sound familiar to your feelings today...

The one ray of hope I had was to see the thousands of people every morning, with their boats going to get our people, and bring them to safety...not just people from Louisiana, but people from all over the United States...people from California, New Mexico, Tennessee, Virginia and South Carolina, etc...all heard the call and stepped into action...

Little did I know that I would be running a shelter in just a few days with 4,000 people who had lost everything in this disaster. But WOW...what a blessing for me...God brought me to this place, and guided me and the over 400 volunteers who showed up daily to take care of the people. We had no clue what to do, but God lead all of us...to give these people a new start...I saw a lot of people on this e-mail list who were apart of this...and if you have a friend who did the same...forward this e-mail to them...because they were all called to tend to his "sheep"... stop and think back, how did we start off each day....with prayer!!!

Remember the "town hall meetings" we held at the shelters with the victims everyday...we would take about FEMA the Red Cross, and then we would pray. Remember bringing them back into the city, we would stop and pray before we even entered the City...remember trying to console these people after we had told them we had found the body of their loved ones...remember we prayed...remember all the Miracles... the family members that the people of our community help reunite...remember the people that you took into your homes, the batch of clothes you washed for a family at the shelter, do you remember coming serve lunch, bringing food and cleaning supplies to the families after Rita...remember the volunteer village that was built, and still houses volunteers that help rebuild our communities...remember project "Starfish" which placed all of the victims in new places, with new jobs and new lives...only by the grace of God...remember the things you were able to accomplish... everyone who reads this list will be able to add their own memories of this disaster...and what part they were able to play...

Remember we hated the name Katrina, and then that damm Rita...we hated those storms, and what they did to our people...just more and more things were lost...and nothing would be the same...

Fast forward 5 years...
"WOW" for the worst hurricane in the history of the World to hit our state, and look what we did thru the Power of Prayer...and the calling upon God for his help...we can do the same with this...we will survive...we can make a difference...

Let's take time out everyday at 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM...
Let's pray that BP finds a way to stop this oil from polluting our Gulf...
Let's pray for a government leaders to make good choices for the people..not for their own agenda or party...
Let's pray for all who make their living from the waters of the Gulf...our fishermen, shrimper's, oystermen, oil field workers.
Let's pray for our economy which could face a devastating blow should they close down drilling...
Let's pray for what you and your family needs are...
and let's pray for the needs of your neighbors...

We will survive, and we will find a way to be better than we were before...after all, we have first hand experience of the miracles that can happen when we pray...
Please pass this on...imagine everyone praying...how powerful this can become...pass this to your family and friends in other states...they were there for Katrina and Rita...

Please pass this on...we cannot have too many people praying...

Your friend,
H. Rene Rhodes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #42
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I think her husband was a pirate. Aaarrrr!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #43
psychodiva
I Live Here

I think Choobs' dictum is an apt reply to most e-mails

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #44
Davin
Obsessed Member

I think a reply like this might work:

"Hello,

I'm very interested in helping you out with donating to many various charities involving robot duck conservation. Please let me know more information so that I can give your dead husband's money to protecting these endangered mechanical mallards, they really need help or they face ultimate and total extinction.

Please hurry!

Your lover,

Loving, Bob fearing, devoted follower of Bob"

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #45
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I think Choobs' dictum is an apt reply to most e-mails
Is it a dictum or a rectum?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~