Old 11-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #31
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
It's what I expect politicians to try to do.

In this country people tend to view most politicians with suspicion at best, with open contempt at worst.

My overall view is that politics does not usually attract the best and brightest,nor the unselfish,those of high principle, morality or ethics.Of course there are odd exception such as Jimmy Carter---and they ate him alive.*

As a profession,politics has two and only two principles;"The ends justifies the means" and The Eleventh Commandment;"Thou shalt not get caught"'-broken by Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

*Do I think Obama is one of the exceptions? Other than seeming pretty bright,not for a second.
I would add that the "ends" you speak of are of two varieties, personal power and personal fortune.

The means that implement your political principles above are "By hook or by crook, and we'll try crook first".

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #32
BOF

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Is it the job of politicians who agree with me, to just do the best they can, or to make correct unelectable statements?
The stupid lifetime high standards expected, excludes anyone who has lived.
I assess politicians by what they actually do. I expect the worst.This rarely happens,and I am occasionally pleasantly surpised.

The [ideal] role of a politician is a matter of fierce disagreement,depending on one's view of the role of government and indeed one's concept of ownership.

My view is along the lines of "the greatest good for the greatest number". I hope to be in that number as often as possible.

My belief is that to build as just society as possible, a country needs full employment, high wages an high taxation.

I do not support an unregulated free economy, or the Libertarian ideology.

Having said that, I seem to always return to Churchill's comment: "Our system of government is the worst in the world,except for all the others which have been tried"

Ultimately,I expect politicians to be just like ordinary people,but more so,with all the good and bad qualities that implies.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #33
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Nothing confirmed yet - but place yer bets on who's likely to be behind this latest round of peaceful activity;

Well, Islam is a religion of extreme peace when compared to that of Christ-psychosis.
After all to any action there is always an equal & opposite reaction.

The Christ-psychosis infected imbecile West brought it upon themselves for been so stupid & ignorant sending missionaries to corrupt people. The retarded British Christ-psychotics in particular enslaving India, Afghanistan, Irak, Buthan, & many other lands...
Christ-psychosis has been the cause of all genocide today, specially terrorism. They are experts at it as the Crusades & inquisitions prove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JKeNsfsY1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oOiAPq-s3M

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #34
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Zomg

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #35
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Jizzlam splattered face of evil here.

Once you think you have access to an absolute asshole like Allah, any behavior is justifiable.

(seen on Pharyngula)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #36
BOF

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
I would add that the "ends" you speak of are of two varieties, personal power and personal fortune.

The means that implement your political principles above are "By hook or by crook, and we'll try crook first".
Agreed. That fits with my basic personal philosophy,which is Egoism. Politicians are very ordinary people, more grasping than the average as there's more to grasp.

My observation is that some seem ethical and moral when entering politics,but that few remain so for long. My local (State ) member seems to be one. He IS a party hack,but far too stupid to be truly dishonest. So naturally,the government made him speaker of the House.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #37
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
Agreed. That fits with my basic personal philosophy,which is Egoism. Politicians are very ordinary people, more grasping than the average as there's more to grasp.

My observation is that some seem ethical and moral when entering politics,but that few remain so for long. My local (State ) member seems to be one. He IS a party hack,but far too stupid to be truly dishonest. So naturally,the government made him speaker of the House.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Jizzlam splattered face of evil here.

Once you think you have access to an absolute asshole like Allah, any behavior is justifiable.

(seen on Pharyngula)
Not face of evil but of Islam-psychosis. Any religious-psychosis infected person would behave in the same manner, she still had not beaten the most virulent strain of the illness which I call Christ-psychosis and that infected Jim Jones over 30 years ago. Over 900 nuts Loonies went to see Zombie Jesus....but only 80 Islam-psychotics flew to Allah, to beg forgiveness..

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #39
Hanevet

I find it alarming that American liberals are taking an embracing approach towards Islam.

I am a liberal myself. I have been trying to turn my fellow liberals to see how flawed Islam is.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #40
Mog
Obsessed Member

How do you recruit female suicide bombers? by raping them first!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163505.html

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #41
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Great find Mog!

Now bite me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #42
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Great find Mog!

Now bite me.
Gaah, well its not the first time I've posted something that someone else already posted earlier.

How about this story? http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...9x2YgD965VNMG0

Apparently you can get killed for translating the Koran if you forget to include the original arabic.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #43
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

They must have omitted the part where Moohammed is doing nine year olds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #44
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Mog wrote View Post
How do you recruit female suicide bombers? by raping them first!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163505.html
Seems to me the real problem is our collusion. Why weren't we searching them again?

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #45
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Because if you have a penis, you can't really do it without causing a shitload of problems.

But those of us without a penis are not allowed to play in all of the sandbox. It's too dangerous.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote