Old 08-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #16
AtomJack

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
This entirely explains why that cunt Barack Obama got elected twice.

Not sure why John Cleese is commenting. He is neither American or a scientist.
Just because John Cleese is a Brit doesn't mean that he can't have an opinion. He's possibly better-informed than a shit-ton of us 'Merkins. Whether people like or dislike Obama, if you look at the alternatives, he was the better choice. Think of it as the lesser of two evils. I read back in the '60s that we should have a spot on the ballot for "None of the Above", which would cause a re-election scenario. We can only vote for those presented. I hear people talking about Trump like he is a viable candidate. The man is clueless. Even if he runs on an independent platform, he isn't going to get elected. Think about it this way. No Democrat is going to vote for him. No sensible woman is going to vote for him. No person of Hispanic/Chicano heritage is going to vote for him. That's Democrats, whatever percent, sensible women, slightly more than .5 of the population less those tea-baggers (small number) and Hispanic/Chicano, essentially zero will vote for him. Can you imagine his interactions with the OAS, based on his idiotic comments about Mexicans? BFD. Blunt talking is not correct talking. We in the US have a habit of electing celebrities (Reagan and the Terminator spring to mind). What counts are the people in the institutionalized background and big money, like everywhere else.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:02 AM   #17
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I think the huff post have the right idea. They only report on trump in their entertainment section.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:57 AM   #18
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I think the huff post have the right idea. They only report on trump in their entertainment section.

Speaking of entertainment, us Canuckistans are on beginning of a federal elction campaign, made delightful by the current prosecution of Conservative Senator Mike Duffy, much to the embarrassment of Prime Minister Harper, who, as usual, is lying, weaving and dodging reporters to distance himself, claiming "I knew nothing".
Here's a Conservative Party member trying to browbeat a reporter....this was on national news! Luvit! So nice to see the Conservative mindset in action!

Watch it on Youtube....

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #19
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Very funny. Boy, his advisors took there time dragging him away

Old 08-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #20
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
Just because John Cleese is a Brit doesn't mean that he can't have an opinion. He's possibly better-informed than a shit-ton of us 'Merkins. Whether people like or dislike Obama, if you look at the alternatives, he was the better choice. Think of it as the lesser of two evils. I read back in the '60s that we should have a spot on the ballot for "None of the Above", which would cause a re-election scenario. We can only vote for those presented. I hear people talking about Trump like he is a viable candidate. The man is clueless. Even if he runs on an independent platform, he isn't going to get elected. Think about it this way. No Democrat is going to vote for him. No sensible woman is going to vote for him. No person of Hispanic/Chicano heritage is going to vote for him. That's Democrats, whatever percent, sensible women, slightly more than .5 of the population less those tea-baggers (small number) and Hispanic/Chicano, essentially zero will vote for him. Can you imagine his interactions with the OAS, based on his idiotic comments about Mexicans? BFD. Blunt talking is not correct talking. We in the US have a habit of electing celebrities (Reagan and the Terminator spring to mind). What counts are the people in the institutionalized background and big money, like everywhere else.
Obama was a far more terrible option than the alternatives, though I'll admit McCain and Romney were abysmal.

Obama is a destroyer of America AND a fetid cunt. Trump will help restore it, or at least stop the hemorrhaging. If he gets the nomination, and I believe he will, he will win in a landslide including among Hispanics and women. Not everybody is stupid sees the world in demographic terms. Wake up.

You heard it here first. If I am wrong I will eat a yard of my own shit.

Oh and John Cleese is only a celebrity also. Though I love his Python work. That doesn't make him an authority on shit or smarter than average. So he can shut the fuck up about America. I don't bag on the Brits except for their cunty queen, and that's just because, you know, John Lydon.
Hobotronic2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #21
AtomJack

Quote:
Be nice if that happened here; I don't read the tabloids. But then people in the US think the Kardashians are worth watching. I'd rather clean up the dog droppings in my back yard than watch that crap. At least my dogs leave honest shit.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 PM   #22
Davin
Obsessed Member

Trump is an idiot. Probably the worst Republican hopeful.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #23
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Trump is an idiot. Probably the worst Republican hopeful.
Worse than mike huckabee? Santorum? Cruz? Walker? Bush? Graham? Perry? Cmon, man.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 PM   #24
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Hobo, if trump becomes Potus I'll eat your yard long turd.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #25
Michael
Obsessed Member

Personally, not being American I would love to see a Trump presidency.
Highly doubt it‘s going to happen, though.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:39 AM   #26
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Hobo, if trump becomes Potus I'll eat your yard long turd.
Well, I'd better get to eating my sweet potatoes and other fibrous vegetables. Lol.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:50 AM   #27
Hobotronic2037

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Personally, not being American I would love to see a Trump presidency.
Highly doubt it‘s going to happen, though.
Trumps candidacy has "metastasized" since his over-the-top appearance at the Iowa state fair. The reason is that he is the anti-politician.

It's a cliche in American politics that people vote for the candidate that they would most would like to get a beer with. This time it's a bit different. This time it's complete anger and nobody gives a shit about drinking beer or being friends.

It's about undoing the terrible damage that Obama has done in cahoots with the rest of the republican ruling class. It's desperation and finding only one candidate among them all that "gets it." Government is bad. It's made of people.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #28
Davin
Obsessed Member

Trump is worse than all the other Republicans going for the nomination, he doesn't "get it" at all. All the dumb ass's "plans" are, "I'll let you know" and we all remember how that turned out when he had "important evidence" to present about Obama's birth records... yeah, his special announcement to reveal the evidence the idiot had been pretending to have, was just saying that he would pay someone money if they got him some actual evidence. Same bullshit, same idiot, so it will probably be the same.

Saying the government is bad because it's made of people... doesn't fix anything if you're just going to replace those people... with other people. Why are people so stupid?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #29
Hobotronic2037

Government and the concept authority are both bad. I say get rid of them completely. Let the natural order sort itself out.

But until that happens, and it won't be in my lifetime, I'm stuck with supporting the least evil option. And that option is not the current ruling class and it's lapdog punditry. I am way smarter than they are about how life actually works.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #30
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
Government and the concept authority are both bad. I say get rid of them completely. Let the natural order sort itself out.
Yup, that's working pretty well in Somalia - and swathes of Iraq & Syria are just starting to reap the natural order benefits of rampant beheadings.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote