Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #211
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
And megalomaniacal ass crack with delusions of grandeur!
Remember when I said this? Uh...yeah...there wasn't really anything I needed to add to it.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #212
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
That ain’t ever going to happen. But don’t act so indignant. You don’t have concrete proof of anything, not really. We believe everything we think we know.
She's also not asserting anything. Nor is she attempting to save you from an alleged hell.

Quote:
Egor wrote
And not that you need it, but may I offer one little bit of advice? Stop identifying with other atheists. You said, “Just give us proof…” There’s nothing to be had by being part of a “group.” Not when it comes to whether or not God exists.
She entered this forum an atheist, a position, it appears, that she came to on her own.

Seriously, Egor, this kind of transparently dishonest engagement is not likely to win Stargazer over to Veridicanism or whatever you're trying to sell here. If I'm wrong, I'm sure Stargazer will tell me.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #213
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
For the most part, all the atheists here have asked is that you provide evidence for you claims.
Yep! All he has is his conman lines and his creepy, mentally-unbalanced love of himself.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #214
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

You don't care what a Hindu preacher has to say, there you go respecting others beliefs again, that mind of yours is so open i think your brain may have fallen out.

Also, if Tim Tebow is praying and winning and thats a miracle, what about the hundreds of thousands of children that are praying and still dying, does god just listen to sports personalities. Or is it a lot more likely that he is impotent to stop any of the suffering.

I cannot convey quite how twisted i think you are, not that i think it is intentional, just how life has worked out to create your personality.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #215
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
I cannot convey quite how twisted i think you are, not that i think it is intentional, just how life has worked out to create your personality.
I find myself thinking the same thing. Ego Ed is by far the creepiest person ever to troll our forum. This guy is a certifiable psychopath. It's like listening to Charles Manson ramble on.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #216
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
I find myself thinking the same thing. Ego Ed is by far the creepiest person ever to troll our forum. This guy is a certifiable psychopath. It's like listening to Charles Manson ramble on.
Agreed, he is the human embodiment of the saying that "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Even scarier is how far removed from seeing his own contradictions his arrogance has taken him.

I think your earlier summary about ass crack pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #217
Sol

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
Agreed, he is the human embodiment of the saying that "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing". Even scarier is how far removed from seeing his own contradictions his arrogance has taken him.

I think your earlier summary about ass crack pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Dunning-Kruger effect

makes me smile

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #218
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Dunning-Kruger effect

makes me smile
Yup! Too stupid to know that he is stupid!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #219
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

That's perfectly spot-on!
But does he still qualify as an arrogant moronic, stupidly thick cunt?
...... and he seems to like it as his new sig ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #220
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post

He’s a real charmer for sure! He’s the kind of person that makes one check one’s firearms and ammunition on a regular basis.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #221
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

"Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it.

"Arguing with creationists and foolishly trying to use Earth logic. Like talking not to a drunk, not to a wall, but to a drunk wall."

These couple in particular made me chuckle, but the whole thing was good.

Finally I have an explanation of why I underestimate myself so much.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #222
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I'm God and so is my wife!
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #223
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I know this because I told myself I am God, and because I am god that must be true. therefore I am part of a new movement called the knickergussetsniffers. I hope to garner members so that I might have some friends.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #224
Sol

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
That's perfectly spot-on!
But does he still qualify as an arrogant moronic, stupidly thick cunt?
...... and he seems to like it as his new sig ....
Oh I'm pretty sure he's at that end of the bell curve, for shur.

Quote:
He’s a real charmer for sure! He’s the kind of person that makes one check one’s firearms and ammunition on a regular basis.
Bolt removed and locked away - trigger lock on the O/U - check
Cartridges moved to new location - check
Handbrake on tank - check

Good to go - check

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #225
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Yuck

Let me just preface everything here by saying: Wow, I sure missed a lot! Anyway, here we go.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You sound like a very religious person. You sound like someone with a lot of religious expertise.
Being a religious person and knowing a lot about religion are not necessarily the same thing. As I stated before, I have always been an atheist:

Quote:
Yesterday, Stargazer wrote View Post
I have been an atheist all my life (can remember not believing stuff taught at Sunday School around age 8), yet I went to a Baptist university, majoring in English. It was required to take religion courses there, and I did. I took the required Bible course and I also took comparative religions. There I learned about Gnosticism, and have done a lot of reading on that subject and many others on religion since college. I have read the Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon, Mahabarata, you name it.

You may have noticed in my profile that I study mythology. To be crystal clear, that mythology includes all literature which refers to gods (and some other stories, but that's another topic). Just because I read a religious text does not mean I believe it. Actually, since my major was English, I am more interested in the storytelling aspect, and the way myths of one culture relate to and are influenced by another.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You sound like someone seeking the truth.
A lot of people say that about me. But the meaning of the word "truth" differs.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I respect your atheism, Stargazer.
Can you do that without attempting to convert me?

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
All I ask is that you keep an open mind.
Just so long as you do the same.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I may be able to show you something in the future that will change your way of thinking. I apologize that I can’t do that now, that I don’t know how to do that now, but the subtleties of influence that cause a person to change their mind are not something we can control. In the future, I may say something in such a way that you are impressed by it and think about it.
Anything is possible, but I would say that so far you haven't said anything that I've not heard before.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You know, there was this guy once. I had a small New Age periodical back in 1996 and I went out with camera and tape recorder to a Wiccan meditation group (or some such thing). Anyway, I was talking with him, and my wife was talking with some others (they loved her because she’s American Indian—Cherokee. Go figure). Anyway, I was talking with this guy and he said that everything was God. I said, “So you’re God?” He had the balls to say, yes. I said, “Well if you’re God, I’ve got some serious questions for you.” He just looked at me straight-faced and said, “Go ahead.” And I laughed it off. Over the course of a year or better, it ate at me. The concept of monism (because before that time Veridicanism was just the Veridical Christian Society, for the most part). But it ate at me. Eventually, I couldn’t shake the idea of monism, and then I realized that God had to be monistic. That if He created the universe, He could have only created it from Himself, that in fact there couldn’t be anything other than God—ever, not then, not now. And I became a monist—just like that guy was.
So, perhaps one day I will say something and you will become an atheist, just as I am. -?-

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Someday I may say something in such a way that your foundation is shaken, as mine was. So stay tuned. Keep an open mind. That’s all I ask, and if you do, then I will continue to respect your atheism. But just yours! Everyone else can go to hell (heehee, pun intended).
You should know that my atheism is in no way unique on this forum. I am not any more special than any of my friends here.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I have a lot of sympathy for the Gnostics. It’s a little known fact that the Christian church was so corrupt by the time the Bible was written that Gnostics were, as you say, hunted down and killed for their beliefs. I don’t know if Veridicanism is Gnostic or not. I have been accused of that before, but I really don’t know if I fit in that category. Gnostics were not monists, far from it in fact. And I don’t think the Gnostics believed that a human being was supposed to become Christ. Having said that, back in 2007 or 2006, I wrote a synthesis of the four Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas. I call it the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I will be publishing it soon. Some would say that the Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic text. I tend to think it’s less Gnostic than the Gospel of John, but that’s up to each individual to decide. Nevertheless, one must approach God through their own religious means, no matter what. Even if one were to be a Veridican, they would find that in becoming Christ, which is a tenet of Veridicanism, they would have to approach God on their own.
Sounds like you will have to find out for yourself if you're a Gnostic by learning.

Which is what they support.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And think about it: You see this in atheism as well. Each atheist demands proof of God, but each atheist has their own particular proof that will work for them.
Not true. Atheists have pretty much sought proof on their own, and not found it. When approached by some theist who assumes an atheist is one because he/she "wants to be," or is petty and willful, or has just not thought things through, the theist is making an error in that assumption. Atheists, on the average are pretty intelligent, and have, as a general rule, already gone through the analysis.
Most often, they do not believe in God, because they either cannot make the leap of faith (see my discussions of the Argument From Design), or they object to being coerced into accepting dogma that is nonsensical. (One example of many: the story of Genesis: Adam and Eve are supposed to have sired the human race, as the only humans in existence. But their offspring consisted of three sons. To an atheist, the only viable way for that to have worked is if each son copulated with his mother, something Christianity does not support. Also the genetic implications are dire: talk about inbreeding!) Of course there are other reasons atheists do not believe in God, but the proof they request of someone making the assertion has one requirement: it cannot depend on the suspension of disbelief.

Quote:
Before, Stargazer wrote View Post
Also, though, if you read enough Gnostic literature, it begins to sound kind of like Buddhism, which I think is not a religion but a philosophy.
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Well, you know, they say that mysticism is pretty much the same across all religions. And a lot of Jesus’ teachings are almost Buddhist in nature. Some think he stole a lot from Buddhism, but I think it was more the influence of the Egyptian Pharaoh. Think about it, the Egyptian pharaoh was supposed to be an incarnation of God on earth; Jesus may have encountered this and came up with the idea Himself. Of course, however Jesus came to be, God was in control of it all. But the idea that man can and should be God on earth could certainly have come from either the Buddhists or the idea of the Pharaoh.[/font][/size]
There are a lot of possibilities, certainly. But I think they all came from the highly inventive brains of men and women.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB

Last edited by Stargazer; 02-07-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: My coding is terrible
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote