Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #91
nkb
He who walks among the theists

What burns me about this situation is that people are so wrapped up in their hatred of Muslims that they don't see the flaw in their thinking that cornholes themselves.

After the OKC bombing, I wonder how many people would have complained about a Christian church being built around the Alfred P. Murrah building.

Deep down, the protests have nothing to do with the location of the proposed Islamic Center, and everything to do with bigotry against the darkies that are different than we are.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #92
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
What burns me about this situation is that people are so wrapped up in their hatred of Muslims that they don't see the flaw in their thinking that cornholes themselves.

After the OKC bombing, I wonder how many people would have complained about a Christian church being built around the Alfred P. Murrah building.

Deep down, the protests have nothing to do with the location of the proposed Islamic Center, and everything to do with bigotry against the darkies that are different than we are.
True, man, true. The trick is getting the truly decent people to see that.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #93
caughtinahustle

How would the US be magically converted to Islam in 20 years?

If anything, the US is going to become more atheist, which i think is a damn good thing

"...Im not anti-America, America is anti-me..."
caughtinahustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #94
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
caughtinahustle wrote View Post
How would the US be magically converted to Islam in 20 years?

If anything, the US is going to become more atheist, which i think is a damn good thing
It's not likely, but I'd love to see how much a lot of these "Me'rka isa Kerstan kuntree!" like it when they're no longer the majority and how much they'd love to repeal all the pro religious laws and religious protections that they've installed over the years.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 AM   #95
just questions

How did Dutch do it?!!!!

Quote:
1966 1979 1996 2006
Roman Catholic church 35 29 21 16
Protestant church 25 22 19 14
Other religious groups 7 6 7 9
Non-ecclesiastic 33 43 53 61
Edit: Sorry, not from wiki:
http://www.eurotopics.net/en/archiv/...n-niederlande/
just questions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #96
magx01

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post

I concur. 100%
magx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #97
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Looks like Britland will be overrun by teh muzzies pretty soon.

Quote:
The number of Britons choosing to become Muslims has nearly doubled in the past decade, according to one of the most comprehensive attempts to estimate how many people have embraced Islam.
Sweden is looking increasingly like a wonderful option

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 AM   #98
Qlidnaque

I think China's beating a lot of the countries in the secularist race, gotta love their stem cell department too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_China

(I'm not talking about human rights, just religion)
Qlidnaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #99
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Oh noes! - now the merkins are breeding teh militant muzzies at home.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #100
Humanist

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Oh noes! - now the merkins are breeding teh militant muzzies at home.
His hometown is not very far from where I live. It surprised the hell out of me when I saw the story break on a local news station. But I highly doubt it will become a trend in this area at least.
Humanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #101
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Looks like they sneaked this one in while we weren't looking.

Quote:
While you were out scavenging the Wal-Mart super sales or trying on trinkets at Tiffany and Cartier, your government has been quietly wrapping up a Christmas gift of its own: adoption of UN resolution 16/18. An initiative of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (formerly Organization of Islamic Conferences), the confederacy of 56 Islamic states, Resolution 16/18 seeks to limit speech that is viewed as “discriminatory” or which involves the “defamation of religion” – specifically that which can be viewed as “incitement to imminent violence.”
Allow me to be the first today to clearly confirm - 'fuck all religions and all who swallow her shit' and fuck the limp wristed UN while we're at it.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #102
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
GaryM wrote View Post
Well. there's already two European nations with majority Muslim populations. Albania's population is 70% Muslim:

...and Turkey is 99% Muslim:
Turkey is rapidly slithering towards being the first theocracy to be more than being exploited by the 4th reich. Albania, lol, turkey tried the nice.

Grave diggers are we.(

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #103
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Humanist wrote View Post
His hometown is not very far from where I live. It surprised the hell out of me when I saw the story break on a local news station. But I highly doubt it will become a trend in this area at least.
This guy was wrong.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #104
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
It's not likely, but I'd love to see how much a lot of these "Me'rka isa Kerstan kuntree!" like it when they're no longer the majority and how much they'd love to repeal all the pro religious laws and religious protections that they've installed over the years.
That's what it's about.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #105
AtomJack

Fast forward 5 years. Muslims are about 1% of the US population, today. A lot of the expectations from 2011 have not materialized. Some bad ones have, unfortunately, but mostly not. A few crazies, but we have had them pretty much forever.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote