Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #5599
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

Well, fuck you, Jesus!
This is from a book that was in almost all of the Dr's officies when I was young: I noticed that this picture was removed from the book in recent years. The author was clearly an appologist. I remember the way he explained this story, and the one about Issac: it is revolting and nauseating. When I think about it now, it seems like a way of brainwashing children into believing that it's okay to kill people, even children, when deemed necessary. It's funny to me that people can call the Abrahamic god good. Oddly though, millions of people have no problem doing this.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #5600
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
This is from a book that was in almost all of the Dr's officies when I was young: I noticed that this picture was removed from the book in recent years. The author was clearly an appologist. I remember the way he explained this story, and the one about Issac: it is revolting and nauseating. When I think about it now, it seems like a way of brainwashing children into believing that it's okay to kill people, even children, when deemed necessary. It's funny to me that people can call the Abrahamic god good. Oddly though, millions of people have no problem doing this.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #5601
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

OMG Hilarious! Let me attempt the apologist explanation of this horrid little fairy tale: this is actually a rendition of what I heard a preacher say in response when asked about the meaning of this story.

Well, it does sound awful, doesn't it? It isn't fair to take this story out of it's historical context, and hold these primitive people to our modern morality. You have to understand, those were the times, and Gawd had to work with people as they were at that time--also keeping in mind that Gawd doesn't want to interfere with free will--and really, the merchant wasn't any worse than anyone else at that time. For all we know, this girl had been raised to service large nos. of men, so that was pretty much the norm for slave girls at that time. Her death was probably viewed as something like the overuse of a rental vehicle, so the merchant was just providing evidence of the abused vehicle. So in it's historical context the death of the concubine should be viewed as example of how Gawd has worked to improve our moral standards, and this story's presence in the bible can be used to show us that life was harsh in those times, and we should be grateful for our moral progress as a species. It's just taken Gawd a long time to get human beings to the present state of our modern superior morality.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #5602
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
OMG Hilarious! Let me attempt the apologist explanation of this horrid little fairy tale: this is actually a rendition of what I heard a preacher say in response when asked about the meaning of this story.

Well, it does sound awful, doesn't it? It isn't fair to take this story out of it's historical context, and hold these primitive people to our modern morality. You have to understand, those were the times, and Gawd had to work with people as they were at that time--also keeping in mind that Gawd doesn't want to interfere with free will--and really, the merchant wasn't any worse than anyone else at that time. For all we know, this girl had been raised to service large nos. of men, so that was pretty much the norm for slave girls at that time. Her death was probably viewed as something like the overuse of a rental vehicle, so the merchant was just providing evidence of the abused vehicle. So in it's historical context the death of the concubine should be viewed as example of how Gawd has worked to improve our moral standards, and this story's presence in the bible can be used to show us that life was harsh in those times, and we should be grateful for our moral progress as a species. It's just taken Gawd a long time to get human beings to the present state of our modern superior morality.

Clearly, omnipotent Bible god's moral imperatives are absolute!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #5603
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #5604
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #5605
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Just feel the love of Jesus! Every inch of that love!

Howla howla loola!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #5606
ghoulslime
I Live Here

The Bible doesn't say whether or not Jesus ever jacked off to a poster of Justin Bieber, but he probably did.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #5607
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 07-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #5608
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Old 07-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #5609
ghoulslime
I Live Here

S is for SHIT!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #5610
West491
Obsessed Member

Gah! Bad memories! That happened to me when I was a kid.

My family and I went to this drive-through "Safari" feeding zoo and some animal- maybe a goat, I forget which kind it was- stuck it's head inside the backseat of the car just as in the picture. My little sister and I flipped out and I threw the entire bucket of dry feed at the animal in an attempt to make him go away. Strangely, the spilled feed on the floor and seat just made him put more of his head in the car. Meanwhile, my mom and older brother are in the front seat having a good laugh. My mom even took a picture. The animal was immune to my and my sister's tears and screams of fright and terror, evil sonofabitch.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote