Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #16
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Yup, the Tea-shock really does give his lords and ex-masters a real slating.
The complete speech can be read here.

If only a few more national leaders would stand up to the frocked fuckers in this way, then perhaps, just perhaps we could start to see the back of the scumbags.
We shouldn't squander all of our good, wholesome schadenfreude that this renunciation of the church is generating just on the RCC; there are the inevitable ripples of disatisfaction with all the other religious institutions bubbling near the surface that we can anticipate leading toward their downfall as well. So I will somewhat gleefully watch the thousands of "christian" cults/sects sweltering under a new light of scrutiny.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:33 AM   #17
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Oh, I totally agree - scrutinise, criticise, expose and attack the hypocrisy of all sky-daddy cults as we learn about their bullshit activities. But it is sadistically satisfying to watch the market leader self destruct in such a public manner.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #18
Broga
Obsessed Member

@Sternwallow/Smellyold git: I wanted to use schadenfreude myself but couldn't remember how to spell it. Yes, this speech is a satisfying episode. The Vatican get away with so much, shuffling, spinning and deflecting. But when the top politician in one of their formerly subdued territories hits this hard, this accurately and with this passion they are going to hurt. And I agree about all the other sky fairy cults that deserve a similar kicking. Game on, I hope.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The chief rodent in Ireland scurries back to the chief rat to brush up on the next round of lies & bullshit.
Quote:
The Vatican has recalled its special envoy in Ireland after a damning report on the Catholic Church's handling of child abuse by priests. Papal Nuncio Giuseppe Leanza has been called back to Rome to discuss the impact of the recent Cloyne Report.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:31 AM   #20
Broga
Obsessed Member

Smellyoldgit: I liked this comment from the Deputy Tee-shock. Cool or what!

"Irish Deputy Prime Minister Eamon Gilmore said the decision to recall the nuncio was a matter for the Holy See."

I note on BBC lots of references to "The Holy See" and what the HS is doing, or more accurately not doing apparent from panicking. The description "Holy See" attempts to convey an air of detached sanctity. They have referred to the reaction of the Tea-shock to the thousands of raped, abused and generally brutalised children, and the cover ups, as "excessive". Nice eh? Difficult to understand how mere words could be excessive measured against the crimes and suffering they inflicted.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #21
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

What do they "See" exactly? Just curious, never heard of this particular brand of motherfucker.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #22
Broga
Obsessed Member

@Eternal. The word "See" is a bullshit word used by the Vatican, and RCs in general, to make something ordinary into something mysterious and sanctified.

"See" - means the diocese of a bishop, or the place within it where his cathedral is situated. The word comes from 13th century Old French. The root of the word is Latin - sedes meaning a seat.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It's not just 'see' that's a bullshit word.
99% of the garbage spouted by the archaic frock-wearing fuckwits of the sky-daddy persuasion is nonsensical trumped-up bollocks.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #24
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Thanks both. I suppose it makes sense if the seat in question is a ccommode.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #26
Broga
Obsessed Member

@Smellyoldgit: 99%? Could be an under estimate.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 AM   #27
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Now the Catlickers roll out Hitler's bandwagon.
Quote:
Referring to Mr Kenny’s criticisms of the Vatican’s handling of clerical sex abuse, the article stated: “The last European leader to make such a blistering attack on the Pope was the ruthless German dictator Adolf Hitler”.
I wonder if Stalin & Pol Pot will make an appearance at some point?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #28
Broga
Obsessed Member

@Smellyold git: Well, well, hauling Hitler out is a bit of a risky strategy for Ratzi. The Vatican, via Pius (I forget the number) worked closely with Hitler before WW2, got many benefits as a result and refused either to help the Jews or to expose their plight. Ratzi and the Vatican must be desperate to try this one.

And wasn't it the fascist Mussolini, later strung up in public by the Italians, who granted Diplomatic Status to the Popes? The same diplomatic status, unjustified and farcical, that has prevented Ratzinger being arrested when he ventures outside the Vatican.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #29
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Broga: I think you must be right, they must be getting desperate to resort to name calling, to try to associate him with Hitler to discredit his words: a) as you rightly point out makes them look even more hypocritical than usual b) is transparent to most people, and only serves to make them look sillier.

On the bright side, there all really fucking old, so hopefully they'll die soon.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
Broga
Obsessed Member

@Eternal: If they had played it smart they should have gone for the more in sorrow than in anger approach, we understand the anger and disappointment and sympathise with the outrage of Mr Kenny, this tragic business must be brought to an end and the Holy Father blah, blah, blah......" Of course that would be the usual bollocks but people are used to that.

To attack Kenny and compare him to Hitler - as far as I know there are no Concentration Camps in Ireland - is already inviting contempt in Ireland. All Kenny needs to do is sit silent or say no more than something like, "I regret this attack on myself." Ratzi has lost the plot. He cannot refute the Cloyne Report or Kenny's comments so he attacks the man instead. What the Vatican, with their Latin expertise, would call ad hominem which ,in philosophy, is deemed fallacious as a respose to facts and used when there is no other response.

These old guys are desperate.