Old 05-12-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

TV Interview with Joseph Atwill, author of Caesar's Messiah

Joseph Atwill describes the who, the why, and the how of the creation of Christianity on Web-TV! (23MB)

I like this guy! :D
(and history will remember him!)

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #2
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
TV Interview with Joseph Atwill, author of Caesar's Messiah

Joseph Atwill describes the who, the why, and the how of the creation of Christianity on Web-TV! (23MB)

I like this guy! :D
(and history will remember him!)
Atwill is interesting but misses the point completely. He says that the Flavian emperors created christianity to upset the Messianic movement in Judea, and that since Caligula view himself as a god like would be Nero decades later, the Jews were upset at the cult of the emperor!! Alas, does this retard thinks the cult of the emperor started with Caligula? He misses the point completely! He IGNORES Iulius Caesar, his worship, his funeral, hit title of HEAD PRIEST, his GOD status which CREATED the CULT of the EMPEROR, the TEMPLES built to WORSHIP HIM, who were built ( the first one) in the Roman FORUM ( his ruins can be seen today), the ones in ATHENS and JERUSALEM.!!! Atwill FAILS considerably since he does NOT start his investigation at the BEGINNING. This idiot begins with the Flavians and BEFORE the Flavians there were the Claudians and before them the Julians!! This idiot reminds me of Dan Brown and his Da Vinci Code!!........:lol::lol: and since people are ignorant of Roman History and its facts and are too LAZY to connect the dots, the'll eat all of the erroneous tales up!!..just like children eating up the Santa and tooth fairy tales....:)

To get at the truth of Christianity, one ought to read the well researched Investigative Report by Carotta. Jesus was Caesar. he backs up ALL of his claims with REAL HISTORICAl FACTS....but the average people do not like facts, they are BORING, so they rather read FICTION...and when fiction is believed to be fact ( because of ignorance, skepticism and lack of research by people), then we have a SERIOUS problem!....:cool:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
antix
Obsessed Member

I think he also misses the point in his claim that the Romans invented christianity on purpose. He makes the assumption that they knew they were creating fiction and then passed it off as truth. Rather than the whole thing getting mistranslated, misinterpreted and snowballing into what it is today.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote