Old 01-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
Egor

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
You need to upgrade your rifle sights!
Finally, someone understands my plight! My target has me right!

(I think we have a poem going here.)

Quote:
I must admit to being quite pleased to hear this - taking advantage of gullible people has never been high on my to-do list either.
It's not that at all. Don't fool yourself. The "con" is not a con. It's what the client expects. It's a game for which they will pay. You tell them good news (no matter what the cards actually say) and you tell them their loved ones are watching them and concerned about them 24/7, even though the truth is they couldn't care less. You're customers know it's a lie--that's what they are paying you for. There is no one gullible. You error in your thinking if you think that's the case. There really is such a thing as the psychic arts, but no one--NO ONE--wants the truth of that. They want what they want to hear.

I am sickened by the whole thing. God will talk to me with tarot cards, astrology, freakin street signs and billboards if that's what I want. I don't need any props at all. God speaks to me however I want to do it. And I could do your tarot cards, but I never will--because I'm not sadistic enough to tell you the truth, and you wouldn't want to hear it unless it was good anyway. So, I'm done. I don't need your opinion. I don't care if you believe me. I have walked away from that entirely.

Quote:
I'm afraid this is where I feel sad that "Official Religion" is taking advantage of your personal gullibility - I hope they fail.
Official religion? I'm a heretic. Don't you know that? The con I talked about? It's the same way with religion. No one wants to know God for what God is. No one wants the truth that Jesus taught. I am utterly alone in my faith. But my faith is the only one that can defeat atheism. Ironic much.

Quote:
I'd advise looking up the huge difference between "possibility" and "probability" - then go from there.
I don't give a shit. Jesus is alive, so apparently he did rise from the dead. I sense him when I read the Gospels record of his life and teachings. He's not dead. That's my experience, and I couldn't care less about probability. Talk probability to the latest lottery winner--you'll have more success.

Quote:
I don't pretend! - and no, I'm not a great film buff - I have dogs to walk and bikes to ride dammit!
You and I must be similar. I have three dogs of my own (which I walk twice daily and take out every three hours.) I also ride a bicycle for exercise, but I also ride a motorcycle.

Shoot. Finally admit that Christ is the only way, and we can be soul mates.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:05 AM   #17
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Welcome back Egor!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 AM   #18
SEG

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
In my opinion, it means nothing at all. I didn't live then.
So the resurrection means nothing to you for the same reason?

'Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites'.
SEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 AM   #19
Egor

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Welcome back Egor!
Thanks.

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
So the resurrection means nothing to you for the same reason?
The resurrection means everything, but my proof of the resurrection is that I feel the presence of Christ in my mind. I sense that he is alive and with God. And as subjective as that may sound; that's all anyone has. If they don't have that, they won't ever have anything else. I do, so I am blessed. When I read the Gospels, I realize that Jesus Christ is spiritually still alive as the WORD of God.

You see, the difficulty is not in proving Jesus Christ is alive, it's in getting the thicker people to understand what it means to be alive in the first place. It's not so much that you're an atheist, it's that you are also a materialist--and that's a problem.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 AM   #20
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
It's not that at all. Don't fool yourself. The "con" is not a con. It's what the client expects. It's a game for which they will pay. You tell them good news (no matter what the cards actually say) and you tell them their loved ones are watching them and concerned about them 24/7, even though the truth is they couldn't care less. You're customers know it's a lie--that's what they are paying you for. There is no one gullible. You error in your thinking if you think that's the case. There really is such a thing as the psychic arts, but no one--NO ONE--wants the truth of that. They want what they want to hear.

I am sickened by the whole thing. God will talk to me with tarot cards, astrology, freakin street signs and billboards if that's what I want. I don't need any props at all. God speaks to me however I want to do it. And I could do your tarot cards, but I never will--because I'm not sadistic enough to tell you the truth, and you wouldn't want to hear it unless it was good anyway. So, I'm done. I don't need your opinion. I don't care if you believe me. I have walked away from that entirely. [
I don't care that you don't need my opinion.

If there are people in need of comfort and/or support that will hand over good money to hear what they want, perhaps in the vain hope that some gibberish, credulous nonsense may be true, they are demonstrating gullibility. If you are happy to take their cash - without coming clean up front that you're going to spout complete lies - that makes you a con-man. I'm glad you've seen the light and got out.

Quote:
Official religion? I'm a heretic. Don't you know that? The con I talked about?
You 'repackaged' christianity with your own Veridican nonsense to try and sell a book. It fell flat. Excuse me while I weep.

Quote:
I don't give a shit. Jesus is alive, so apparently he did rise from the dead. I sense him when I read the Gospels record of his life and teachings. He's not dead. That's my experience ........
I'd call that some form of delusion - but that's probably too simple for you professionals to grasp.

Quote:
Shoot. Finally admit that Christ is the only way, and we can be soul mates.
Which part of 'Fuck Off' would you have trouble with?!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
Egor

Well, now I see why this very old forum--a legacy, really--now has like 4 people participating in it. And that, my friends, is the outcome of atheism--should it ever be in power. Ha!

Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #22
SEG

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

The resurrection means everything, but my proof of the resurrection is that I feel the presence of Christ in my mind.
Hold on! Earlier you said that the empty tomb doesn't matter because:

"In my opinion, it means nothing at all. I didn't live then."

The resurrection shouldn't mean anything to you either, as you weren't alive then! Feelings that you wish were true don't count as evidence, it's just wishful thinking.

Old 01-09-2018, 03:07 AM   #23
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Well, now I see why this very old forum--a legacy, really--now has like 4 people participating in it. And that, my friends, is the outcome of atheism--should it ever be in power. Ha!
By this logic atheism is in now power. LOL

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:12 AM   #24
Davin
Obsessed Member

Oh noes, some one pointed out something that is true, that we don't have many active users! What we will we ever do? Probably just keep on not giving a shit about it.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #25
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Egor, So the psychic stuff didn't turn out so well. If you were actually good at spinning bullshit to gullible people there might be more than just one Veridican.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #26
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Also it doesn't explain how a 9 month pregnant woman traveled a great distance (over 100 miles?) on the back of a donkey to fill out a census?
The only census that was held round about the time zombie boy was reputedly born related to the people of Judea. The people of Galilee would have been excluded, including mary, jo and the donkey.

In addition, what kind of census is it where people are required to register in the birth city of a relative? There's never been such a census in Mankind's history as far as we know. What possible use could such a census be? The whole point of a census is to determine where people actually live so that services can be provided (in recent times) and where Roman soldiers needed to be stationed in order to quell uprisings (back in those times).

Complete bollocks if you ask me.
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #27
SEG

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
The only census that was held round about the time zombie boy was reputedly born related to the people of Judea. The people of Galilee would have been excluded, including mary, jo and the donkey.

In addition, what kind of census is it where people are required to register in the birth city of a relative? There's never been such a census in Mankind's history as far as we know. What possible use could such a census be? The whole point of a census is to determine where people actually live so that services can be provided (in recent times) and where Roman soldiers needed to be stationed in order to quell uprisings (back in those times).

Complete bollocks if you ask me.
Yep, pious fraud. Plus that census took place in 6 AD, which screws JC's birthdate. I think most scholars acknowledge that the whole nativity story is at best a quaint fable. Did you know that "quaint" Xmas greeting card bullshit, "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men" is a mistranslation? It really should say “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” (Luke 2:14, English Standard Version)

Old 01-10-2018, 02:01 AM   #28
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Yep, pious fraud. Plus that census took place in 6 AD, which screws JC's birthdate. I think most scholars acknowledge that the whole nativity story is at best a quaint fable. Did you know that "quaint" Xmas greeting card bullshit, "Peace on earth and goodwill to all men" is a mistranslation? It really should say “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” (Luke 2:14, English Standard Version)
Then there's the biggest lie of them all.

The English version says, and I paraphrase 'jeebus was born of a virgin'.

The previous (Latin) version, from which the English version was derived, and again I paraphrase, states that jeebus was born of a virgin.

The previous (Greek) version, from which the Latin version was derived, and again I paraphrase, states that jeebus was born of a virgin/young girl. I forget the actual term used but it is a Greek word that can mean virgin or young girl. Which, is derived from the context of the word. In this case, the context is giving birth and therefore excludes the virgin meaning.

The previous (Hebrew) version, from which the Greek version was derived, and again I paraphrase, states that jeebus was born of ALMAH (Isiah 7:14). Almah is a Hebrew word which means 'young girl'. It doesn't mean virgin because, in Hebrew, there is a different word for virgin.

So, zombie boy jeebus was born of a young girl. Big wow

The virgin bollocks comes about when the Greek version was translated into Latin. The Greek word used in the text was one that has a dual meaning (virgin or young girl). The Latin version, created in the 4th. Century, took the virgin, not the young girl, translation and, hey presto, we have the virgin birth myth.

The question is, were the cat lickers who did the translation from Greek to Latin liars or incompetent? If they saw their error early doors, why did they choose not to correct it? The cat licker church is well aware of this. Do the lying twats correct this? Nope. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, eh?

More to the point, why don't people use common sense, which, I think, is where I came in if I remember correctly, and realise that a virgin birth is an obvious lie? Because, they don't want the truth. They want the myth. They want to believe that there's life after death. They don't want to believe this is all there is. The truth is, as Jack would say, you 'Can't handle the truth'.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 AM   #29
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
SEG wrote View Post
Then, there's the Exodus bull shit.

So, at that time, the population of Egypt was between 2 - 4 million.

Approximately 1 million slaves all fuck off at the same time.

The Egyptians have a phrase for this: Fill Mish Mish, which means: when the apricots bloom or 'In your dreams'.

So, a minimum of 25% of the people leave the country. Now, this isn't just people. These are slaves. These are people that plant and harvest the crops.

So, the economy collapses and there's mass starvation, right? Wrong!

Why?

It never happened.

How do we know?

The disaster would have been written about on every monumental stone from Thebes to hell and back.

It wasn't.

Why not?

Because it never happened.

We know that the Egyptians were aware of the Israelites because a stone was found stating that 'Israelites dwelt in the land of Cannan' but was a note of the fact, and little else.

Not only that, the 1 million Israelites wandered through the desert and, miraculously, never left any archaeological evidence whatsoever, even after 40 years. Now that's magic.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #30
SEG

Especially when that stretch of land would only take a week or so to cross. Wot tha fuck were they doing bumbling in the desert for 40 years? Lighting up all those sacrificial fires would get hard after a while too.