Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
ntelekt

Is Islam as kookie to atheists as Christianity???

Hi, new guy here. Non-believer. Just curious if I dont see it or just dont find it... Does Islam and Alla and such get debated/disproven as much as Christianity? Actually, there are many religions I dont see alot of debate on... Is it just me, or do many religions escape the wrath of an Atheists' Logic?
Old 05-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

To quote The Judge's sig - "religions are all equally right or they're all equally bollocks"
My money's on the bollocks.

Oh - and welcome to the house of the not so holy.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
nkb
He who walks among the theists

The fact that the majority of members here live in countries that are dominated by Christianity is the main reason you see far more debates on that than on other religions.

Also, the majority of former theists here were originally Christian, so that is where more of the expertise falls.

But, we are equal opportunity anti-theists. Bring us any religion and we'll take a stab at it.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

ntele,
Hitchens tears all religions new assholes in God Is Not Great (though where he found space on the wide-goetse corpses of godiots for new arseholes I'll never know).

Sam Harris saves his sharpest criticisms for Allah-loving jizzsmokers.

PZ Myers nailed a magic cracker and a Koran ... and so forth.

And this happy hell-hole you stumbled into doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed. You'll find mostly jayzus-bashing because most of us went through indoctrination as pups, and also because most of the theists who cruise here are jeetards. Poke around around and you'll see the rare Jizzlami doesn't escape unscathed, nor do bobble-headed crop-circling Nostradumbass crystal-worshipers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ntelekt wrote View Post
Hi, new guy here. Non-believer. Just curious if I dont see it or just dont find it... Does Islam and Alla and such get debated/disproven as much as Christianity? Actually, there are many religions I dont see alot of debate on... Is it just me, or do many religions escape the wrath of an Atheists' Logic?
Hmm. What exactly is "Athetist Logic," and how does it differ from the logic to which theists subscribe when they are not engaging their faith-based beliefs?

Do not Christians scoff at the very notion of an alleged paradise in which Muslim martyrs are the automatic beneficiaries of 72 comely virgins upon their earthly demise? What logic do these incredulous Christians employ to maintain their skepticism?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ntelekt wrote View Post
Islam, like all religions, is nonsensical. It is as evil as Christinsanity. I think the blood drinkers have just had more time to sow their seeds of darkness, harvest the crop, and let the wine of their delusional intoxication mellow with a few thousand years. The head choppers for Allah are still in the infancy of their insanity.

Both of these disgusting religions are as wacky as crack. We chew the Muslims to tiny bits if they happen to wander onto our humble forum. We just don't have many visitors. Islam has around one billion slaves. I'm guessing only a handful of them know how to read and write. That might explain it.

Here is one thread by a little assclown for allah called ESM. We roasted him and ate him.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
Coach

muslims are just as fucking loopy...but at least those fuckers don't knock on my door and try to win my "soul" for the virgin fuck fest they all live for.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Choobus
I Live Here

No, but given a chance they might blow up your fucking house or cut off your head.

Muslims are like Christians from 300 years ago. Atheists are what happens in another 300 years. One day, after we're all dead, saying "my grand father was a christian" will be like saying now "my grandfather was a grand wizard". Unless you are harry potter, that don't sound too good.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
ntelekt

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Hmm. What exactly is "Athetist Logic," and how does it differ from the logic to which theists subscribe when they are not engaging their faith-based beliefs?

Do not Christians scoff at the very notion of an alleged paradise in which Muslim martyrs are the automatic beneficiaries of 72 comely virgins upon their earthly demise? What logic do these incredulous Christians employ to maintain their skepticism?
Hmm, I think you answered your question!

My comment on atheist logic was just an invitation for you all to comment. As far as "logic to which theists subscribe when they are not engaging their faith-based beliefs"... I think if their are 2 different pools of logic a theist can drink from depending on whether their topic is belief-related or not... It just indicates to me that either one or both of those pools are filled with Shit water!!! And they dont mind drinkin!

Hey thanks to all that welcomed me and commenting! I hope to stick around!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ntelekt wrote View Post
Hmm, I think you answered your question!
Perhaps. But you sidestepped my question altogether.

Since you coined the term, it seems reasonable that you would provide a definition when asked for one. So what is atheist logic, according to you?

Quote:
ntelekt wrote
My comment on atheist logic was just an invitation for you all to comment.
I see. But many of us here would also have commented on something that made sense. Without a definition, we're left to ponder what you meant when you made reference to atheist logic.

Quote:
ntelekt wrote
As far as "logic to which theists subscribe when they are not engaging their faith-based beliefs"... I think if their are 2 different pools of logic a theist can drink from depending on whether their topic is belief-related or not... It just indicates to me that either one or both of those pools are filled with Shit water!!! And they dont mind drinkin!
You ain't sayin' a lot here that makes any sense.

Quote:
ntelekt wrote
Hey thanks to all that welcomed me and commenting! I hope to stick around!!!
Why?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

psst.....irre......was it the their/they're gaffe that bugged you most? I'm sad his/her keyboard is missing the apostrophe key......

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
psst.....irre......was it the their/they're gaffe that bugged you most? I'm sad his/her keyboard is missing the apostrophe key......
Nah. I'm pretty forgiving on that front since I'm often challenged in that area myself. Thank ye imaginary gods for editors where I work, or I'd be out of a job.

What bugs the shit out of me are bold assertions with no attempts to back them up with, at least, a of couple of coherent facts. How the hell does one blithely make accusations about alleged atheist logic without explaining what one means? It's rude, I think.

If this is another underage troll, well, I'll take that into consideration. However, I do wish the parents of these miscreant brats would do a better job monitoring their kids' leisure time activities.

Edited: In retrospect, maybe I'm being a might too testy. As I said, I'm bugged by terms like atheist logic, probably because it sounds like something a theist would say. Looking at his introductory thread, it appears our new member wasn't necessarily making an accusation.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 05-28-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Well, I would like it to use more colorful font, like PanAtheist, to supplement the hyperbolic punctuating. I am more visually oriented than others...

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Irreligious
I Live Here

We know, Kate, but no one here will ever match the dazzling heights of your abilities when it comes to illustration. Smelly comes awful close on occasion, though.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 05-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #15
nkb
He who walks among the theists

What about me?

Oh, wait! I still haven't figured out how to post pictures without major hassles. Never mind.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote